BACN BD-700 / E11A

sputnik

I put in for this a few months ago. My band starts next April. When should I expect the thanks/no thanks email? I've been checking my email everyday. Don't want to hound ACC dude, but I'm really wondering. Tks.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...
34 minutes ago, Danger41 said:

https://www.airforcemag.com/app/uploads/2021/01/27-Jan-2020-ACC-Bagram-Airfield-E-11-AIB-Narrative.pdf

AIB released on E-11 crash in Afghanistan.

TLDR version: Engine failure followed by shutdown of good engine with no air start.

So damned sad.  Almost unimaginable how two guys with that much quality experience ended up going down that path.  

Could be any one of us on any given day.  Heads on a swivel, fellas.

🍻 to the crew. RIP.

• Upvote 2

Just now, BashiChuni said:

"Squadron pilots agreed that there was a strong preference for returning to KAF with most emergencies or other issues. While Bagram was a divert possibility, diverting was usually anticipated because of weather or other issues (combat related) denying the use of KAF, rather than driven by emergencies. Discussion of emergency airfields was rare."

tough report to read. there but the grace of God go i...

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

Is it boldface in the E-11?  In my brief scan of the document, the wording implies it isn't boldface.    

If the engine quit without a fire CAS message, no.  Engine Fire and Dual Engine Out is.  

Fire in Flight.jpg

Dual Engine Out.jpg

The “RED” checklists used to be considered memory item/bold face, of which, there are 27 of them in the BBD-700. Some are short, single-step checklists, the longest has 12 steps.

Bombardier changed their philosophy in late 2017 when they significantly revised their QRH (Checklist) format. The 27 procedures are now also printed on a single piece of paper, similar to a fan-fold checklist.  They are no longer considered Memory Item procedures and the fan-fold is expected to be referenced.  This has resulted in significant debate as to which is the best method; memory item vs. referenced checklist. Most simulator training examiners still expect a memory item/boldface level of knowledge in the pre-brief/oral examination, but then expect the checklist to be referenced in the simulator to prevent procedural errors.

430 EECS pilots are required to complete a monthly “Boldface” sheet.  In this, the “Challenge” is already printed on the paper, the pilot has to fill in the “Response” side of the boldface. This is the way the squadron did it 4+ years ago, this is the way it is still done today. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Couldn’t find this information using the search function. Could somebody please share: 

1. How many hours could someone expect on a deployment?

2. Is the deployment 6 months long?

3. How much time will be spent TDY?

4. Do you get an ATP after training?

5. Do you graduate initial training as an AC? In other words, is it all PIC? 

Edited by Newb

On 12/17/2021 at 2:44 AM, Newb said:

Couldn’t find this information using the search function. Could somebody please share: 

1. How many hours could someone expect on a deployment?

2. Is the deployment 6 months long?

3. How much time will be spent TDY?

4. Do you get an ATP after training?

5. Do you graduate initial training as an AC? In other words, is it all PIC? 

I know some guys who have done this assignment and I was looking into it at one point. From what I hear you do receive an ATP (and a very expensive type rating). I believe the TDY was 2 months or so to learn the aircraft. Yes 6 months though I knew a guy that voluntarily extended for an additional 6 months (and when he got back got non Vol’d to UPT, thanks AMC…). Current location Dahfra. Unsure if it’s all PIC or not but you upgrade to IP out there in fairly short order… either way you split primary and secondary and “pic” time isn’t logged anyway. 

seems like a real cool assignment. Though with AFG shut down not sure on the hrs anymore. I’m sure you can look up the unit in the GAL and email an ADO or something. Good luck!

• 5 months later...

Anybody in the know Re: this airframe becoming a program of record and standing up a stateside squadron? I see airframe purchases, budget money for modification/procurement and articles about a plan to put them at Robins as a GSU under the 319th RW. When are we going to pull the trigger? Think we will? DMs welcome (to exchange .mil as required).  Are the EQ-4s done flying yet?