Form 8 checkride

murdocjxx

If you prove you know more than the evaluator, it's pretty much an unwritten rule they HAVE to put you in STAN/EVAL.

Show me where that's written.

Really? So if you haven't flown an NDB in a few months and you're about to get evaluated on one, you don't think it's good technique to brush up on it? What about deployments, where there are events that you simply can't get? You should just jump right into an evaluation the day you get back from CTO, right? Skills are perishable, particularly for the new guys.

Booya, shack. Have seen new pilots deploy, go officially non-current on night stuff (and/or certain kinds of approaches) due to scheduling limitations downrange, then come back and get an eval at night where they fly those non-standard approaches pretty much right away . Not that landing at night or flying an NDB or whatever is cosmic but it sucks to get evaluated on something you haven't done in possibly several months, and as you said, it's compounded if you're a new guy. Worthy of some last-minute prep IMHO.

If you're current and experienced, yes, you can probably fly a checkride at any time with little to no prep and you should be expected to easily do well.

Sarcasm detector does not work in the "OFFicial" position.

Check your own switches. I was joking about an "unwritten" policy. You know, like how you argue with a SEFE in the debrief about technique vs procedure and unwritten WOM policies?

Nevermind.

Edited by Rainman A-10

Booya, shack.

Wait, what?

One's in.

Cleared hot one, 6@7 four.

Four.

Two's base.

One's off hot.

Two's in.

Cleared hot two, Booya shack one.

One.

Wait, what?

One's in.

Cleared hot one, 6@7 four.

Four.

Two's base.

One's off hot.

Two's in.

Cleared hot two, Booya shack one.

One.

Booooyaaa!

What does that do, does that blow your mind? That just happened!

Booya!

You could say that 10,000 times, and it still wouldn't be enough.

It fires me up, man.

...in addition to whatever the hell Rainman was talking about.

I've just never heard of a booya shack.

It seemed to me to be an out of place linkage of booya with a familiar aviation term...like the SNCOs like to do.

My second consecutive no spot joke on this thread. Maybe it is me...

Edited by Rainman A-10

It seemed to me to be an out of place linkage of booya with a familiar aviation term...like the SNCOs like to do.

Booya - a general exclamation of excitement; also for various reasons, a commonly used phrase in my squadron, of which zrooster is also a part. Maybe I am unfamiliar with some other definitions.

Shack - the most common definition was used in context; his opinion was spot on

My second consecutive no spot joke on this thread. Maybe it is me...

Maybe...all that fighter lingo has the fat boys confused.

What was this thread about again? Even I don't know what we're talking about anymore after reading my link on how to make a booyah stew.

Edited by nsplayr

Booya - a general exclamation of excitement; also for various reasons, a commonly used phrase in my squadron, of which zrooster is also a part. Maybe I am unfamiliar with some other definitions.

Shack - the most common definition was used in context; his opinion was spot on

<yawn>

What was this thread about again?

Something stupid. Which is why it derailed after the first post.

Booooyaaa!

What does that do, does that blow your mind? That just happened!

Booya!

You could say that 10,000 times, and it still wouldn't be enough.

It fires me up, man.

Booyah...apparently it's also a stew in addition to whatever the hell Rainman was talking about.

No no no, Booyah, or "Booya" or whatever variation can be found in it's original form in this video...definitely NSFW, or NSF anyone really...

http://uselessjunk.c...ll.php?id=21095

On a related note the "Booyah guy" apparently spent some time in jail back in '08 for firearms and cocaine possession...shocking

http://lawfuel.com/s...se.asp?ID=19138

100222-The-More-You-Know.jpg