Jump to content

What's wrong with the Air Force?


Catbox

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

It's hilarious watching everyone get spun up for one single question and so far nothing to back it up.  I'm not a current Chief defender in the slightest but holy shit.  

Oh the Air Force has been amplifying this message loud and clear for years now. It’s not just one single question/answer. Fortunately pilots have been voting with their feet in droves. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The reason I get spun up is that I spent 17 years flying in the AF.   In those 17 years, I witnessed a bunch of clowns (yes men) take leadership positions.  When I first started flying, it was OK to be proud of being an aviator.  When I left, it was like everyone was against fliers.   I could feel the penis envy (sts) whenever I went into the support squadrons.  

I spoke up against bullshit to my leadership and got passed over multiple times (yes I'm jaded). How the fck we went from Robin Olds to the current form of spineless leadership is beyond me.  

This is what happens when people are concerned with their promotion and let the stupidity continue to fester.  

If you sit back and just "play the game" you are part of the problem.  

Edited by Biff_T
More hate to add
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Biff_T said:

If you sit back and just "play the game" you are part of the problem.  

It’s ironic how many times I’ve been told to just “play the game” by people who share your sentiment. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aviators, My wife has politely instructed me to apologize to the Forum for posting inappropriate Aircraft Nose Art....so Aviators, accept my Apology for my being a relic of past times....

Check Six

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SHFP said:

Aviators, My wife has politely instructed me to apologize to the Forum for posting inappropriate Aircraft Nose Art....so Aviators, accept my Apology for my being a relic of past times....

Check Six

Your apology is accepted. As a measure of good faith and to demonstrate your resolve, we will need you to hand over (post) all of your heritage material to remind us how we have evolved from crass killers to what we are today…whatever that is. 

Edited by Standby
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, JBueno said:

It’s ironic how many times I’ve been told to just “play the game” by people who share your sentiment. 

I bet those guys got their promotions.  The time to "play the game" was in boot camp, Tech Schools, OTS (Zoo or ROTC) and UPT.   It should be ok to squash bs ideas that do nothing to help put bombs on target.  If you are too scared to tell your boss that this crap has gone too far you deserve this AF.   

"Yes sir, I'll have your slides green for the staff meeting." How many times have you heard this? 

Edited by Biff_T
It's 4 am and I'm typing on baseops
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, SHFP said:

Aviators, My wife has politely instructed me to apologize to the Forum for posting inappropriate Aircraft Nose Art....so Aviators, accept my Apology for my being a relic of past times....

Check Six

Is your wife hot? You brought her up, so...

Edited by skibum
clarity
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had some really good leaders and some dbags.   Somehow, there were a few too many dbags in leadership positions.  Solve this problem and the strip clubs move back to the O Club (before my time).  Lol.  

I do know some solid dudes who were on the leadership track.  I hope they can stay cool and make things better when they get to the top.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Haha. Yes she is.  Former Stewardess (not Flight Attendant) that reminds me of that and her forgone era of being fit and friendly.  And, she being of that era, also appreciates the past antics of pilots back then. I caught a great woman.   Oops I think I now have say a great One instead.  Wait, no I don’t I’n retired!

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I bet those guys got their promotions.  The time to "play the game" was in boot camp, Tech Schools, OTS (Zoo or ROTC) and UPT.   It should be ok to squash bs ideas that do nothing to help put bombs on target.  If you are too scared to tell your boss that this crap has gone too far you deserve this AF.   

"Yes sir, I'll have your slides green for the staff meeting." How many times have you heard this? 

Fair, but that exactly my point. Everyone had to play the game to join the club or get that first promotion to second lieutenant. Why wouldn’t they keep it up to get the second, third, whatever promotion? These things start in the commissioning sources and UPT.

“You don’t graduate UPT…your grade book does.” That’s not too different than having those slides greened up, is it?

Edited by JBueno
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, JBueno said:

Fair, but that exactly my point. Everyone had to play the game to join the club or get that first promotion to second lieutenant. Why wouldn’t they keep it up to get the second, third, whatever promotion? These things start in the commissioning sources and UPT.

“You don’t graduate UPT…your grade book does.” That’s not too different than having those slides greened up, is it?

That's a good point.  

I guess the good ones figure out when it's appropriate to play vs not.   

Anyone reading this on the leadership track.   Figure out when to play and when to say stop touching me where I pee.  

Edited by Biff_T
Enlightenment
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Anyone reading this on the leadership track. Figure out when to play and when to say stop...

See that's the thing, leadership track and stop, are mutually exclusive.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Former 1C in the squadron got out after his enlistment and became a police officer back in his hometown. He was killed in the line of duty two weeks ago. Some bros made a variant of the normal squadron pen tab with a thin blue line across it to honor his service and sacrifice. The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Edited by Ant-man
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ant-man said:

The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Post the name.  That pronoun is a cuntfart and should be treated as such.  I haven't slapped something in a while and I'm due.  If you're a 2-star, you are no longer shielded by  the "military official" BS.  Who is it?

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ant-man said:

Former 1C in the squadron got out after his enlistment and became a police officer back in his hometown. He was killed in the line of duty two weeks ago. Some bros made a variant of the normal squadron pen tab with a thin blue line across it to honor his service and sacrifice. The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Did someone ask said two star when and why he got castrated? 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Recruiting is down for all services and of course they are all lowering standards.  I could care less if you've smoked a blunt, given the shifting national attitude marijuana use will likely go the way of alcohol.  However, until then, the law is the law and we are a country of laws...oh wait.

Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Recruiting is down for all services and of course they are all lowering standards.  I could care less if you've smoked a blunt, given the shifting national attitude marijuana use will likely go the way of alcohol.  However, until then, the law is the law and we are a country of laws...oh wait.

Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants

Didn't we get rid of questions about past marijuana use a while ago? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Ant-man said:

Former 1C in the squadron got out after his enlistment and became a police officer back in his hometown. He was killed in the line of duty two weeks ago. Some bros made a variant of the normal squadron pen tab with a thin blue line across it to honor his service and sacrifice. The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Generals can tell a lot of airmen (airlings woke verbiage?) to f themselves.  Who is the General scared of offending, cop killers?   Another useless “leader”.  I’m offended lol.  I think people in the future will discover the movie “Idiocracy” and give Mike Judge a Nostradamus like status.   

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Ant-man said:

Former 1C in the squadron got out after his enlistment and became a police officer back in his hometown. He was killed in the line of duty two weeks ago. Some bros made a variant of the normal squadron pen tab with a thin blue line across it to honor his service and sacrifice. The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Provide location & general -- or is that “too political.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...