What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

1 hour ago, VMFA187 said:

Pawnman, Pooter, Polarbear, Negatory - Go read The Real Anthony Fauci. It'll be good for you. I read White Fragility and realized it was complete and utter bullshit. Maybe you'll feel the same about the former, but I bet you won't. Or you can just keep reading reports that agree with your viewpoints that have been fed to you by big pharma and keep deepening your foxhole. 

Pass. I already think Fauci is a douche. That doesn't change the fact that the vaccines did drastically reduce the lethality of Covid among those most susceptible. 

I never wanted broad mandates for all Americans. I recognized that the president had the authority to make the military take the vaccine. That's very different than demanding the unvaccinated be kicked out of restaurants, schools, stores, hospitals, etc.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 4

20 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Pass. I already think Fauci is a douche. That doesn't change the fact that the vaccines did drastically reduce the lethality of Covid among those most susceptible. 

I never wanted broad mandates for all Americans. I recognized that the president had the authority to make the military take the vaccine. That's very different than demanding the unvaccinated be kicked out of restaurants, schools, stores, hospitals, etc.

I already knew the answer. But thanks for validating me.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, SocialD said:

Updated your list of concerns for service member health risks.   

Probably valid, but it made you non-effing -deployable because no other country on earth would let you in

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Pooter said:

Probably valid, but it made you non-effing -deployable because no other country on earth would let you in

That's strange, I hadn't gotten the shot and they still sent my ass to Afghanistan after a ridiculous quarantine in the deid in 2021.  The fucking black mold in the old (coalition compound) dorm rooms were probably a greater detriment to my health than the two bouts of covid I've had. 

I can guarantee you that if we were really needed somewhere, we'd have gone, with or without the shot.  

• Like 1

It may not be the entire Air Force, but I'll tell you something that's wrong with ACC:

ePEX. 

We've had it now for what... 20 years?  And it's getting worse. Holy shit, PEX is literally killing those that use it daily. Our entire Information Technology enterprise is a mess.

The AF puts the "IT" in "shit".  

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

10 hours ago, Pooter said:

Yeah, no.  Tell that to my buddy who was sent to Africa.  Nice try

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

It may not be the entire Air Force, but I'll tell you something that's wrong with ACC:

ePEX. 

We've had it now for what... 20 years?  And it's getting worse. Holy shit, PEX is literally killing those that use it daily. Our entire Information Technology enterprise is a mess.

The AF puts the "IT" in "shit".  

Nailed it.  The current version is hilariously bad.  It's down at least a few times a day.  Our base had a contractor who's job was PEX.  He knew EVERYTHING and could fix ANYTHING with a phone call.  They cut his contract last year due to apparently no complaints or issues with pex so no need for a local help desk 🙂  Now we have a remote help desk who I don't think know what PEX is.  

• Like 1

On 5/11/2023 at 5:11 AM, slc said:

Yeah, no.  Tell that to my buddy who was sent to Africa.  Nice try

Cool.. east bum-phuck Africa didn't have a vax mandate. Curious, what round of anthrax shot is your buddy on?

Deployments are to other places than Africa and in my community I directly witnessed people go non deployable

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Irrelevant, red herring argument. If we want to go somewhere and needed everybody, we’d do it, period. Exhibit B: entire navy ship goes NMC for a week because their 100% vaxxed crew all got COVID…but they all were green on a slide, how could this happen! Making an argument based on green slides and appeasing country X is nonsensical. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2023 at 7:14 AM, VMFA187 said:

Pawnman, Pooter, Polarbear, Negatory - Go read The Real Anthony Fauci. It'll be good for you. I read White Fragility and realized it was complete and utter bullshit. Maybe you'll feel the same about the former, but I bet you won't. Or you can just keep reading reports that agree with your viewpoints that have been fed to you by big pharma and keep deepening your foxhole. 

RFK is not a valid source.

Edited by Polar Bear
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

Go with your data. 

His book corroborates what my experience was with covid. I had my last flight in fighters, and any aircraft as PIC after I was diagnosed with epilepsy back in 2018. 

After being informed that I was going to be terminated from a major defense contractor in 2021 for choosing not to take the vaccine, one month after I was diagnosed and recovered from covid, I asked my doctor for a medical exception citing the only two studies done regarding covid vaccinations on individuals who had been diagnosed with epilepsy. Each demonstrated increased intensity or prevalence of seizure activity, approximately 18% and 23% for the two studies if I recall correctly - One of the studies I think was performed in Japan, the other in a northern European nation. I sent my doctor these studies and was told he was not allowed by the state to allow a waiver for any reason other than recorded allergic reactions to the ingredients in the vaccine but referred me to a neurologist and said speak with her. I called said neurologist and cited the documentation illustrating adverse effects and informed her I had, one month ago, had covid. She told me that no doctors in California were allowed to offer a medical exception and if they did their licensure would be revoked. I asked her to provide that information to me in an email and she said she could not. I then asked her if she could repeat what she said and she said that she could not. 

So again, go with your data. His book sounds really fucking accurate from my perspective. 

Edited by VMFA187
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Polar Bear said:

I agree man, he is questioning actual scientists who have been purely altruistic & transparent the last few years.  Can you believe RFK opposed mask mandates?  It’s proven they SAVED LIVES!  There’s no need to debate or think about any of it, we did what we felt was right and that’s all that matters in the end.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, VMFA187 said:

Go with your data. 

His book corroborates what my experience was with covid. I had my last flight in fighters, and any aircraft as PIC after I was diagnosed with epilepsy back in 2018. 

After being informed that I was going to be terminated from a major defense contractor in 2021 for choosing not to take the vaccine, one month after I was diagnosed and recovered from covid, I asked my doctor for a medical exception citing the only two studies done regarding covid vaccinations on individuals who had been diagnosed with epilepsy. Each demonstrated increased intensity or prevalence of seizure activity, approximately 18% and 23% for the two studies if I recall correctly - One of the studies I think was performed in Japan, the other in a northern European nation. I sent my doctor these studies and was told he was not allowed by the state to allow a waiver for any reason other than recorded allergic reactions to the ingredients in the vaccine but referred me to a neurologist and said speak with her. I called said neurologist and cited the documentation illustrating adverse effects and informed her I had, one month ago, had covid. She told me that no doctors in California were allowed to offer a medical exception and if they did their licensure would be revoked. I asked her to provide that information to me in an email and she said she could not. I then asked her if she could repeat what she said and she said that she could not. 

So again, go with your data. His book sounds really fucking accurate from my perspective. 

Why didn't you just trust the "Science"?  Lol.   

Science- American definition; Trust the government without doing any of your own homework.  They know what's best for you.  

I lost my flight physical in 2019, right before covid.  I'd do almost anything to get back into a flying machine of some sort (not experimental ones) but that door is pretty hard to open for me.  That being said, what will the FAA do when you have complications from the covid vaccine?  My bet is they will say so sorry, better luck next lifetime.  No waiver for you.  

Uhhh….what?!?!

Whenever there’s a big push on uniform stuff in AFSOC, I always think of the story of how they got the Air Commando hat (aka Jungle Jim aka Slouch aka Aussie Bush hat) approved by Curtis LeMay of all people to shut up the CINCPAC.

http://www.polkcounty.org/vn/dasf/4thdasf/robin/ausi_hat/aussihat.html

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

In the latest installment of how one acidic general officer can ruin a command...I present Unit PT and....Open Ranks Inspections...coming soon to an AFSOC near you!

I’m sure you were well loved so don’t take this personally but what is it with toxic AFSOC senior leaders?? You guys must want to compete badly with AMC to see who can run their pilots out of the Air Force faster. 

1 hour ago, dream big said:

I’m sure you were well loved so don’t take this personally but what is it with toxic AFSOC senior leaders?? You guys must want to compete badly with AMC to see who can run their pilots out of the Air Force faster. 

More and more, what decides who moves up in the AF is about who is willing to stick around, kiss the ring, put up with the abuse, and accept life/family thrash.  So it's really a self-selecting pool. Majcoms that subject their people to high amounts of life thrash and abuse will naturally elevate the people willing to put up with it. And those people once in power will, in turn, inflict it on others.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dream big said:

It’s the same few toxic leaders who were wing and group commanders 15 years ago. They just happen to have stars now. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

In the latest installment of how one acidic general officer can ruin a command...I present Unit PT and....Open Ranks Inspections...coming soon to an AFSOC near you!

Hey everyone in AFSOC, Delta desires to hire 200/mo “for the foreseeable future” (AA and UAL probably have the same goal). GTFO if you can.

Edited by brabus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Pooter said:

More and more, what decides who moves up in the AF is about who is willing to stick around, kiss the ring, put up with the abuse, and accept life/family thrash.  So it's really a self-selecting pool. Majcoms that subject their people to high amounts of life thrash and abuse will naturally elevate the people willing to put up with it. And those people once in power will, in turn, inflict it on others.

But why does AFSOC seem to be uniquely bad at leadership? I was largely left alone by AFGSC when I was at Dyess.