What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

39 minutes ago, Blue said:

Have yet to see what the larger goal was with the Covid vax for the military.  Sure hasn't seemed to do anything for military readiness.

This!   The DOD needs to just move on from this shit.  99.9% of my base being vaxed didn't stop the multiple outbreaks we had post vaxings.  In the case of the above posted article, it may have directly contributed to the death of an otherwise healthy pilot.  It sounds like that unit has a quite a few pilots who are not vaxed.  Doesn't seem to be impacting them all that much... 

Edited by SocialD
  • Upvote 2

if you got medically ed up by taking a mandatory vax and consequently told you'd never fly again in the AF and never hold a class I physical I think your thought process would be radically different.
i'm happy it didn't happen to you.

I’m lazy and don’t have time to chase down possible bullshit on the internet…where are the stories of being ed up by the vaccine and losing an AF medical?
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Blue said:

In theory, when the military makes people do things that could potentially cause them harm, there is some larger goal (supporting and defending the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, and all that good stuff).

Have yet to see what the larger goal was with the Covid vax for the military.  Sure hasn't seemed to do anything for military readiness.

On the other hand, sure has been a good method of clearing all the non-believers out of the force.  Maybe the Covid vax was nothing more than some loyalty test all along.

There was at the time. Even if it didn't kill you, CDC was recommending 10 days of isolation. Not to mention isolating close contacts for a week. 

Then there are the political considerations. Not the left-right politics... the politics of being able to move US military members into countries with full-on vaccine mandates for travelers. Sure, you could probably seek a waiver, but that's all time and effort you don't want to spend when you're scrambling to rapidly deploy assets across the globe. 

Do I think we could drop it now? Probably. Do I think people still refusing the vaccine over something petty like the wrong brand name are more likely to be troublemakers than people with actual sincere beliefs? Absolutely. 

Gonna be a moot point as this crop separates and/or retires. Current recruiting guidance is no vaccine, no enlistment/ commission. AFROTC won't even consider unvaccinated cadets for a commissioning slot. They can participate the first two years, then be on their way. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

something petty like the wrong brand name 

🙄  

I suppose people have wildly differing opinions on what constitutes "petty"..........

Either way, I am enthused about this latest development.  The leaves are falling, there is a brisk chill in the air, and the yearly Covid-related internet arguments are beginning anew. 

As much of a Fall tradition as when I pull in all my outdoor furniture for the season, and find the underside of one of the cushions full of black mold. 

Or how the leaves fall off the trees, allowing me to see my mentally-unhinged elderly neighbor who likes to walk around naked in front of his open living room window.

Glorious, glorious, propaganda and absurdity-filled Fall.  How I missed ye!

Edited by Blue

2 hours ago, ThreeHoler said:

I’m lazy and don’t have time to chase down possible bullshit on the internet…where are the stories of being ed up by the vaccine and losing an AF medical?

Well, the OK ANG pilot (referenced several posts back), who keeled over with a heart attack after the vax presumably lost his medical.  Due to being dead and all.

2 hours ago, pawnman said:

Current recruiting guidance is no vaccine, no enlistment/ commission. AFROTC won't even consider unvaccinated cadets for a commissioning slot. They can participate the first two years, then be on their way. 

I will be very interested to see if this policy is sustainable the next few years. Almost none of the kids starting fall 2023 freshman year of college with my son are vaccinated.  As colleges are rapidly dropping their mandates, the incentive for a fit 18-year-old in peak shape to take something which provides zero protection and potentially damages his heart forever just isn’t there.  This policy reduces the pool of available candidates, which ultimately is detrimental to national security

• Like 3
  • Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

I will be very interested to see if this policy is sustainable the next few years. Almost none of the kids starting fall 2023 freshman year of college with my son are vaccinated.  As colleges are rapidly dropping their mandates, the incentive for a fit 18-year-old in peak shape to take something which provides zero protection and potentially damages his heart forever just isn’t there.  This policy reduces the pool of available candidates, which ultimately is detrimental to national security

Not sustainable.  What is considered vaccinated now?  I got the first two shots when they came out but nothing since?  Am I vaccinated?  

2 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Not sustainable.  What is considered vaccinated now?  I got the first two shots when they came out but nothing since?  Am I vaccinated?  

According to DoD policy, yes.

Do you guys even read the policies before you bitch about them?

53 minutes ago, pawnman said:

56 minutes ago, uhhello said:

Having the original shots (or single J&J) is considered fully vaccinated.  Boosters remain under EUA and are not required per DOD policy.  However it gets weird when it comes to deployments, because some countries have boosters or a shot within the past 180 days as entry requirements, which turns into unenforceable job requirements.  I have a lot of visibility on this in my current role; suffice to say we are turning ourselves in knots for something that is useless.

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, pawnman said:

Two points of order...the policy shifts like the wind and it not being enforced uniformly.

POTUS stated in an interview "the pandemic is over."  That moment should have been the end of any experimental vaccine mandate, yet it continues.  Nearly all religious exemptions have disapproved and thousands are still being separated including the Coast Guard rescue swimmer Biden personally called to thank him for his efforts and service.

Also, civilian DAF employees have a different "policy" everyday.  At Warner Robins for example DAF employees who were threatened with termination now face a different circumstance depending on which squadron they are in.  In one squadron vaccinated are treated normally, face no testing and are allowed to go TDY with no restrictions.  In other squadrons on  the same base, unvaccinated face continued testing (despite guidance that says follow local community conditions), and recently had all TDYs not only cancelled but individuals were threatened and counseled they would be PROSECUTED for wasting government resources.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, pawnman said:

Sure, you could probably seek a waiver, but that's all time and effort you don't want to spend when you're scrambling to rapidly deploy assets across the globe. 

If they need us there bad enough, I'm sure "special waiver," will miraculously appear at record pace... 

14 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

My nephew graduated high school last year and most of the kids in his class have not been vaxed, nor is there any reason for them to be vaxed (especially since the pandemic is "over").  They're certainly not the only ones, so it will be interested to see how if the "policy of the week" stands the test of the time.  Either way, the DOD is wasting a lot of man-hours and money on this bullshit, not to mention forcing out what are otherwise fine additions to the service (ref: rescue swimmer above).   

Edited by SocialD

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

Two points of order...the policy shifts like the wind and it not being enforced uniformly.

POTUS stated in an interview "the pandemic is over."  That moment should have been the end of any experimental vaccine mandate, yet it continues.  Nearly all religious exemptions have disapproved and thousands are still being separated including the Coast Guard rescue swimmer Biden personally called to thank him for his efforts and service.

Also, civilian DAF employees have a different "policy" everyday.  At Warner Robins for example DAF employees who were threatened with termination now face a different circumstance depending on which squadron they are in.  In one squadron vaccinated are treated normally, face no testing and are allowed to go TDY with no restrictions.  In other squadrons on  the same base, unvaccinated face continued testing (despite guidance that says follow local community conditions), and recently had all TDYs not only cancelled but individuals were threatened and counseled they would be PROSECUTED for wasting government resources.

Imagine thinking every off-hand comment from POTUS (especially our current POTUS) is the same as official DoD guidance. 

And only the experimental vaccines...so the fully-approved ones would be good to go? Turns out Pfizer has one...

4 minutes ago, pawnman said:

Imagine thinking every off-hand comment from POTUS (especially our current POTUS) is the same as official DoD guidance. 

And only the experimental vaccines...so the fully-approved ones would be good to go? Turns out Pfizer has one...

The COMMANDER IN CHIEF saying the Pandemic in a focused interview with 60 minutes is over is HARDLY an off-hand comment.  He was specifically asked if it was over, it wasn't one of his rambling musings about Corn Pop or being raised Puerto Rican. Please don't spin and back track like KJP trying to clean up his mess.  I sincerely hate it when EITHER side does that from the podium.

Normally I would say if it is a fully tested and vetted vaccine and there is a true military readiness need then service members should be obligated (as long as religious exemptions are truly processed rather than given a blanket no, but that is another topic).  In this case the Pfizer vaccine received EUA, now 19 months later they "say" it has been thoroughly tested.  I have NEVER been a conspiracy theorist and I want to believe in and trust my government, but right now I simply do not.  We have seen lies, obfuscation and deceit through the pandemic and I don't have any faith in Fauci and the gang.  He refuses to tell us if anyone on the approval committee is receiving royalty payments from the vaccine companies but I am to believe a brand new type of vaccine (mRNA), is good to go?  I am sorry there are still too many questions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ClearedHot said:

In other squadrons on  the same base, unvaccinated face continued testing (despite guidance that says follow local community conditions), and recently had all TDYs not only cancelled but individuals were threatened and counseled they would be PROSECUTED for wasting government resources.

If some squadron cc has put this kind of guidance down on paper / e-mail, they should be named and shamed on social media.  Here, or the Air Force amn/nco/snco facebook page, or elsewhere.

24 minutes ago, Blue said:

If some squadron cc has put this kind of guidance down on paper / e-mail, they should be named and shamed on social media.  Here, or the Air Force amn/nco/snco facebook page, or elsewhere.

I know for certain legal action is underway but will likely take years to adjudicate under the EEO process.  I can tell you the Warner Robins folks that take care of SOF platforms have a completely different and VERY restrictive set of directives that is completely out of alignment with the folks that work helicopters and C-5 at Warner Robins.

38 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

The COMMANDER IN CHIEF saying the Pandemic in a focused interview with 60 minutes is over is HARDLY an off-hand comment.  He was specifically asked if it was over, it wasn't one of his rambling musings about Corn Pop or being raised Puerto Rican. Please don't spin and back track like KJP trying to clean up his mess.  I sincerely hate it when EITHER side does that from the podium.

Normally I would say if it is a fully tested and vetted vaccine and there is a true military readiness need then service members should be obligated (as long as religious exemptions are truly processed rather than given a blanket no, but that is another topic).  In this case the Pfizer vaccine received EUA, now 19 months later they "say" it has been thoroughly tested.  I have NEVER been a conspiracy theorist and I want to believe in and trust my government, but right now I simply do not.  We have seen lies, obfuscation and deceit through the pandemic and I don't have any faith in Fauci and the gang.  He refuses to tell us if anyone on the approval committee is receiving royalty payments from the vaccine companies but I am to believe a brand new type of vaccine (mRNA), is good to go?  I am sorry there are still too many questions.

So, do you have the same suspicion for every new drug on the market? 

1 hour ago, pawnman said:

45 minutes ago, pawnman said:

So, do you have the same suspicion for every new drug on the market? 

So, question the Commander in Chief, but don't question Big Pharma.  Does that about cover it?

Aren't you involved in AFROTC in some fashion?  I can only imagine what kind of quality guidance you're providing to those cadets.........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10/8/2022 at 9:58 AM, Boomer6 said:

09B10B05-608D-4FE4-BE40-566C2B9A7409.gif.fd3c8cd28c5806804bac04691705740a.gif

I guess. I’m pretty indifferent about the vax but some of y’all are just as bad attacking the vax as your meme about people defending it.

Edited by MCO
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 10/8/2022 at 6:14 PM, Lord Ratner said:

Here's an attack, if you wish to interpret it as such.

90% of your posts make you sound like a moron or a Karen. You are a detriment to any cause you support, which annoys me because I agree with most of your underlying points.

But you're the shittiest spokesperson imaginable. It's to the point I wouldn't be half surprised if you were actually Donald Trump's secret baseops account.

Hey Ratner, would you prefer I post under this account of mine instead??

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1