What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

1 hour ago, bfargin said:

I'd argue you can tell he's a dumbass just by his decision to transition to the B-2 from the A-10.  Are you kidding me, from having a blast flying low and shooting shit to flying at altitude with 30 degree bank angles.

Just like I'm immediately suspect of a guy whose been in 2+ Guard squadron, I'd be suspect of someone with that many airframes in their career.  Maybe he was transitioned...

If I would "try" to find justification for the General, I would look into AFI 1-1 ( AFI that is ignored by everyone all the time) 

2.13.4. You may support or endorse a particular political candidate, party, cause, or issue through displaying a bumper sticker on your personally owned vehicles. No larger vehicle signs are permitted. You may not display any type of political sign, banner, poster, or similar device in your office or work area or at your on-base residence, even if that residence is part of a privatized housing development.

https://static.e-publishing.af.mil/production/1/af_cc/publication/afi1-1/afi1-1.pdf

But morally, it's a douche move. 

3 hours ago, SocialD said:

Just like I'm immediately suspect of a guy whose been in 2+ Guard squadron, I'd be suspect of someone with that many airframes in their career.  Maybe he was transitioned...

Ha, you’d be suspect of most senior leaders at AMC. Can hardly make GO unless you do a touch and go on every fat girl aircraft.

13 hours ago, bfargin said:

I'd argue you can tell he's a dumbass just by his decision to transition to the B-2 from the A-10.  Are you kidding me, from having a blast flying low and shooting shit to flying at altitude with 30 degree bank angles.

I hope it wasn't Buffy as it does not match his character (I've been wrong before).   I've known him since we were WIC instructors, legit good dude back in the day.  As I recall the decision to transition to the B-2 was not his and he did make the most of it by being initial B-2 WIC Cadre.

I hope it wasn't Buffy as it does not match his character (I've been wrong before).   I've known him since we were WIC instructors, legit good dude back in the day.  As I recall the decision to transition to the B-2 was not his and he did make the most of it by being initial B-2 WIC Cadre.

You’re wrong here.

Not saying he did it. But it absolutely matches him.

But I think skibum, and other inquiring minds, wanted someone to out the General Officer that was chiefing people for their patches.

Yeah, and if this is true, there’s only a singular two star at Barksdale right now so the inquiring minds are probably smart enough to figure it out. I mean, it honestly wouldn’t surprise me if he did.

On 9/30/2022 at 5:40 AM, mp5g said:

Quick sidebar: I wanted to point out that PA or the esteemed editors over at Airforcetimes.com have once again absolutely nailed their reporting. 

1BD4AF7B-74FC-48BB-9DB0-D18D027EA441.jpeg

An enlisted colleague of mine told me they used to teach Vis Recce in Basic, but don’t anymore? 

On 9/29/2022 at 8:40 PM, mp5g said:

Quick sidebar: I wanted to point out that PA or the esteemed editors over at Airforcetimes.com have once again absolutely nailed their reporting. 

1BD4AF7B-74FC-48BB-9DB0-D18D027EA441.jpeg

Those Vipers had to lie to get hangar space.   

- "Sir, I can assure you that we're all F-22's": says the F-16

- "Well come on in boys": exclaims the Hangar 

Edited by Biff_T
Pleasure and hangar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Those Vipers had to lie to get hanger space.   

- "Sir, I can assure you that we're all F-22's": says the F-16

- "Well come on in boys": exclaims the Hanger 

The F-16s identity as F-22s you bigots!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I saw the post about the AF Times Thursday, I dropped the reporter a quick note. 
She replied back, obviously embarrassed, and said she corrected it as soon as she saw my email. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, HuggyU2 said:

When I saw the post about the AF Times Thursday, I dropped the reporter a quick note. 
She replied back, obviously embarrassed, and said she corrected it as soon as she saw my email. 

Huggy is the type to get shit done.  I just laugh and ridicule.  Good job 👏 sir!

There's not much that bothers me more than Air Force PA / journalists botching aircraft visrecce. I can understand the occasional nonner poster with flanker clip art but the people whose literal core job is to report factually on the mission we do is a bridge too far. @HuggyU2 you're a far better man than I.  FFS the F-22 has never been stationed at Shaw and Looks absolutely nothing like a viper 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

This is what is wrong with the Air Force (and the Air National Guard)

Oklahoma Air National Guard and Air National Guard leadership conspire to break the law after pilot dies

‘Yes men’ at work…nothing to see here, move along (accessions/attrition that is)…

a deep level of mistrust exists, one for some that has been brewed for at least 2 decades…that will not buff out for a few generations, that is the accessions’ headwind senior leaders are facing. A headwind of their own manufacturing by decisions past, many from ‘yes people’

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ClearedHot said:

This is what is wrong with the Air Force (and the Air National Guard)

Oklahoma Air National Guard and Air National Guard leadership conspire to break the law after pilot dies

Working out a messaging strategy to reduce vaccine hesitancy isn't breaking the law. I didn't see anything in these emails that breaks the law. I see senior leaders recognizing the cultural and legal hurdles they have to overcome and trying to find solutions. Like getting the branded vaccine so that service members can't claim its the experimental version. 

The vaccine has definitely fallen short of what was promised, but painting any discussion of how to move people towards taking it as "breaking the law" isn't helpful to your cause. 

• Like 5

Great headline, was looking forward to the smoking gun. Now I’m wondering if the possibility might exist that it has nothing to do with the evidence it presents. The email screenshots literally say: 

Person 1: “We’re struggling to meet this requirement because of reasons. Can you answer some of these questions?”

Person 2: “We’d love to help you.”

Person 3: Answers one of the questions.

Where did the law-breaking conspiracy occur?

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Upvote 3