What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

5 hours ago, SHFP said:

Aviators, My wife has politely instructed me to apologize to the Forum for posting inappropriate Aircraft Nose Art....so Aviators, accept my Apology for my being a relic of past times....

Check Six

Your apology is accepted. As a measure of good faith and to demonstrate your resolve, we will need you to hand over (post) all of your heritage material to remind us how we have evolved from crass killers to what we are today…whatever that is. 

Edited by Standby
  • Haha 5

7 hours ago, JBueno said:

It’s ironic how many times I’ve been told to just “play the game” by people who share your sentiment. 

I bet those guys got their promotions.  The time to "play the game" was in boot camp, Tech Schools, OTS (Zoo or ROTC) and UPT.   It should be ok to squash bs ideas that do nothing to help put bombs on target.  If you are too scared to tell your boss that this crap has gone too far you deserve this AF.   

"Yes sir, I'll have your slides green for the staff meeting." How many times have you heard this? 

Edited by Biff_T
It's 4 am and I'm typing on baseops

7 hours ago, SHFP said:

Aviators, My wife has politely instructed me to apologize to the Forum for posting inappropriate Aircraft Nose Art....so Aviators, accept my Apology for my being a relic of past times....

Check Six

Is your wife hot? You brought her up, so...

Edited by skibum
clarity

I had some really good leaders and some dbags.   Somehow, there were a few too many dbags in leadership positions.  Solve this problem and the strip clubs move back to the O Club (before my time).  Lol.  

I do know some solid dudes who were on the leadership track.  I hope they can stay cool and make things better when they get to the top.  

Haha. Yes she is.  Former Stewardess (not Flight Attendant) that reminds me of that and her forgone era of being fit and friendly.  And, she being of that era, also appreciates the past antics of pilots back then. I caught a great woman.   Oops I think I now have say a great One instead.  Wait, no I don’t I’n retired!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Biff_T said:

I bet those guys got their promotions.  The time to "play the game" was in boot camp, Tech Schools, OTS (Zoo or ROTC) and UPT.   It should be ok to squash bs ideas that do nothing to help put bombs on target.  If you are too scared to tell your boss that this crap has gone too far you deserve this AF.   

"Yes sir, I'll have your slides green for the staff meeting." How many times have you heard this? 

Fair, but that exactly my point. Everyone had to play the game to join the club or get that first promotion to second lieutenant. Why wouldn’t they keep it up to get the second, third, whatever promotion? These things start in the commissioning sources and UPT.

“You don’t graduate UPT…your grade book does.” That’s not too different than having those slides greened up, is it?

Edited by JBueno
  • Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, JBueno said:

Fair, but that exactly my point. Everyone had to play the game to join the club or get that first promotion to second lieutenant. Why wouldn’t they keep it up to get the second, third, whatever promotion? These things start in the commissioning sources and UPT.

“You don’t graduate UPT…your grade book does.” That’s not too different than having those slides greened up, is it?

That's a good point.  

I guess the good ones figure out when it's appropriate to play vs not.   

Anyone reading this on the leadership track.   Figure out when to play and when to say stop touching me where I pee.  

Edited by Biff_T
Enlightenment
  • Upvote 1

Former 1C in the squadron got out after his enlistment and became a police officer back in his hometown. He was killed in the line of duty two weeks ago. Some bros made a variant of the normal squadron pen tab with a thin blue line across it to honor his service and sacrifice. The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Edited by Ant-man
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Ant-man said:

The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Post the name.  That pronoun is a cuntfart and should be treated as such.  I haven't slapped something in a while and I'm due.  If you're a 2-star, you are no longer shielded by  the "military official" BS.  Who is it?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ant-man said:

Former 1C in the squadron got out after his enlistment and became a police officer back in his hometown. He was killed in the line of duty two weeks ago. Some bros made a variant of the normal squadron pen tab with a thin blue line across it to honor his service and sacrifice. The two-star on base saw it and instructed everyone to stop wearing it because it’s “too political.”

Did someone ask said two star when and why he got castrated? 

• Haha 2

Recruiting is down for all services and of course they are all lowering standards.  I could care less if you've smoked a blunt, given the shifting national attitude marijuana use will likely go the way of alcohol.  However, until then, the law is the law and we are a country of laws...oh wait.

Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants

48 minutes ago, ClearedHot said:

Recruiting is down for all services and of course they are all lowering standards.  I could care less if you've smoked a blunt, given the shifting national attitude marijuana use will likely go the way of alcohol.  However, until then, the law is the law and we are a country of laws...oh wait.

Aim high: Air Force green-lights waivers for THC-positive applicants

Didn't we get rid of questions about past marijuana use a while ago? 

12 hours ago, Ant-man said:

Generals can tell a lot of airmen (airlings woke verbiage?) to f themselves.  Who is the General scared of offending, cop killers?   Another useless “leader”.  I’m offended lol.  I think people in the future will discover the movie “Idiocracy” and give Mike Judge a Nostradamus like status.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Ant-man said:

Provide location & general -- or is that “too political.”

Provide location & general -- or is that “too political.”

Dillon Vakoff -a former 1C for the 96th BS at Barksdale- was something that was right in the AF, and a good person that the Red Devils enjoyed on their team.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/officer-vakoff-heart-of-gold-always-smiling/
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, SurelySerious said:

Dillon Vakoff -a former 1C for the 96th BS at Barksdale- was something that was right in the AF, and a good person that the Red Devils enjoyed on their team.

https://kdvr.com/news/local/officer-vakoff-heart-of-gold-always-smiling/

🍺 to Officer Vakoff.

But I think skibum, and other inquiring minds, wanted someone to out the General Officer that was chiefing people for their patches.