What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Nah, you guys are just confusing my apathy for opposition. But I’m still reading your measured responses and promise as soon as my lightbulb goes on that this is a national emergency and not just some anecdote that’s getting blown out of proportion then I’ll be fangs out too.
In both the unit and the airline I’m yet to have a single person tell me their preferred pronoun, but daily I’m listening to someone’s rant about wokeness, so I guess my perspective of what we’re spending too much time talking about differs from y’all. 

5 hours ago, Biff_T said:

Have fun calling people "Genderfluid".   Tell me again how this kills more bad guys?

I don’t plan to, so I just…won’t. No objection to the “won’t kill more bad guys” sentiment though.

5 hours ago, dream big said:

A former Squadron Commander forced their Flight CCs to take part in a book club on “White Fragility”

I had a former squadron commander tell me it was more important to go to SOS than IPUG. CCs say dumb stuff all the time. And if that gets under the skin of a Flt/CC then maybe they’re being too, uh, fragile. 

4 hours ago, HuggyU2 said:

If it's true... and even if the cadets ignore it... it is a very concerning shift of the AF Culture for many people.

You’re right it is true, but lots of things are simultaneously true while also not being that big of a deal. Where did the leap occur that a single slide titled “What Can I Do?” is the same thing as a concerning AF culture shift? We’ve all complained for years that the suicide awareness training hasn’t done anything to stem suicides, and I’ll be the first to confess that if I ingested a biological agent my 80% SABC test score wouldn’t save my bacon….why are we running with pitchforks to the internet as if this is any different? 

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

If the CBT is forgettable, let’s not do it.  If it’s genuine, our elected leaders have a duty to debate the content before new ideology is mandated upon the force.

Amen to your first sentence. Second one is interesting. Could be wrong but I’m unaware of politicians having a direct hand in debating and deciding on our courseware slides. You’re in favor of that though? I see unintended consequences of setting that precedent.

3 hours ago, tac airlifter said:

And nice dig at a past generation of war fighters who answered the nations call.

I never intended a dig and upon further reflection still don’t see where the disparagement of those who answered the call occurred, but I’ll apologize for however you took it. Would you feel less sensitive if I changed it to “great aunt who retired from Wells Fargo?” Kind of have to tip my hat to the irony of you reading into my words and getting offended by something I neither outright said nor intended though. Maybe someone should put together some training so I can recognize inadvertent microaggressions and avoid triggering any groups? Oof!

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Ignore and downplay this garbage at your own peril. This is not some annoying side show of worthless CBTs. 

Ever since 2020 and George Floyd the extreme far left is not afraid to show that a pillar of their political agenda is racial and identity politics. These people are now in positions of power all over the govt and the DoD. They are not doing this out of some goodwill gesture to have a more accepting military force. These folks hate the military; the entire mil structure is a giant sucking chest wound of money that they believe would be better served being poured into social programs. What better way to weaken an entity you hate than degrade it by instilling and indoctrinating as many people to your agenda as possible while simultaneously turning off the main base of talent that the military used to recruit from. 

A chief of diversity for the Pentagon has legitimately and openly racist tweets from not that long ago towards white people. This is not some FoxNews fantasy, it’s really happening.

• Like 7

Hugo, they are going to make you say (perhaps drink) genderfluid. Either big blue or the airlines.  Both places have ways to make you conform.  

Wait until it becomes a hate crime to call someone the wrong pronoun.  

It looks like wokeness has changed to the AF's number one priority. Once again, why?  

Edited by Biff_T
Not Exec

I think the “why” with a lot of these life changes is that folks at varying levels of authority think this is the way this country is going. A small, vocal, lunatic fringe wants to go this way and they know how to amplify their voice via social media and other key areas. However, the VAST majority of people don’t care for this stuff. Has anyone ever met a chick that actually cares if the group is addressed as “guys”? I’ve flown with several gay folks and they never made the slightest bit of a deal out of any of this stuff. 

Honestly, the root cause of alot of this is well intentioned (but wacky) liberal, upper class white women. This is not a new phenomenon. They’re so sure they’re championing marginalized communities (Latinx anyone?) that they can’t be bothered to actually learn anything about the issues. I knew this was all bullshit when we had the meetings after George Floyd and I took it upon myself to try to really learn about the issues. I brought up discussions of civil rights going back to the Civil War up through Malcolm X vs MLK Jr, recidivism with black men, war on drugs, crack cocaine epidemic and the effects on the above, disenfranchisement, etc and got blank stares. Someone brought up “white people bad” and we were back on timeline. 

Bottom line, educate yourself on this stuff and you’ll learn something and also realize how much of our national discourse is fueled by the sound byte and online engagement. But that’s not where real people actually exist.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

I've been floating around baseops for a while and now figure I can speak to the fox news article. First this isn't something new this year we have had these diversity and inclusion briefs/discussions at the academy for a few years but it sounds like now someone decided to leak the stuff to the press. I can say that when this stuff happens 69% of cadets don't agree but also don't dare to speak up, because how dare you contradict the gospel in front of someone who believes it (especially leadership) and don't be the douche who makes a brief go longer than needed. But behind closed doors most people don't believe it, agree that it is stupid a waist of time and possibly more divisive than cohesive. 

Most cadets are not buying in to this but they know the thing to do is just nod your head and stay out of the spotlight.   

• Upvote 1

This whole thing is happening because everyone thinks it's not a big deal.  It's pure insanity.  What's next?  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Now, we must all fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil, which we must fear most, and that is, the indifference of good men

I agree, and maybe its people like me too blame for not speaking up. I think the majority of people agree that its all stupid but nobody wants to fall on the sword in a public setting and say this is a waste time and effort and is ultimately counter productive. 

36 minutes ago, Lockjaw said:

Reportedly said at a recent SOS appearance, along with something along the lines of "the mission isn't killing bad guys and breaking their stuff, it's people and homeland defense."

Wasn't there but...believeable.

Not to worry - the (checks notes...) AMC Commander's got the read on what the actual operational personnel in the service consider "the mission" ... (I think this is a great turn of messaging for the command by the way)

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3167080/win-or-die-amc-commander-presents-mobility-manifesto/

"The world turned upside down..." 

Chuck

Edited by Chuck17
  • Like 7

33 minutes ago, Chuck17 said:

Not to worry - the (checks notes...) AMC Commander's got the read on what the actual operational personnel in the service consider "the mission" ... (I think this is a great turn of messaging for the command by the way)

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Display/Article/3167080/win-or-die-amc-commander-presents-mobility-manifesto/

"The world turned upside down..." 

Chuck

It gets better.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/air-force-general-mike-minihan-mobility/

“Lethality matters most,” he said. “When you can kill your enemy, every part of your life is better. Your food tastes better. Your marriage is stronger,” Minihan said.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Lockjaw said:

Reportedly said at a recent SOS appearance, along with something along the lines of "the mission isn't killing bad guys and breaking their stuff, it's people and homeland defense."

Wasn't there but...believeable.

Non combatants leading the Enlsited force.  "We have too many fighter pilots?".   Lol, this is what happens when you let the non flyers make decisions.   

Fly, fight and lose.    

Maybe we need a few more finance troops to show "those dirty fighter pilots" how to fly? 

I'm not sure what her message is, if she said anything remotely close to this.  

How do we defend the homeland without killing bad guys and breaking their stuff?   

Apparently by changing all of our pronouns.   Lol

• Haha 1

It's hilarious watching everyone get spun up for one single question and so far nothing to back it up.  I'm not a current Chief defender in the slightest but holy shit.  

First time here…welcome to the Internet. Wild speculation based on second hand, unconfirmed statements. Enjoy my friend

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, uhhello said:

It's hilarious watching everyone get spun up for one single question and so far nothing to back it up.  I'm not a current Chief defender in the slightest but holy shit.  

Oh the Air Force has been amplifying this message loud and clear for years now. It’s not just one single question/answer. Fortunately pilots have been voting with their feet in droves. 

The reason I get spun up is that I spent 17 years flying in the AF.   In those 17 years, I witnessed a bunch of clowns (yes men) take leadership positions.  When I first started flying, it was OK to be proud of being an aviator.  When I left, it was like everyone was against fliers.   I could feel the penis envy (sts) whenever I went into the support squadrons.  

I spoke up against bullshit to my leadership and got passed over multiple times (yes I'm jaded). How the fck we went from Robin Olds to the current form of spineless leadership is beyond me.  

This is what happens when people are concerned with their promotion and let the stupidity continue to fester.  

If you sit back and just "play the game" you are part of the problem.  

Edited by Biff_T
More hate to add
  • Upvote 3