What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

I know it was years ago, but whenever I went TDY I always wore a TN Air Guard patch and never got hassle from anyone (even the guys who knew the active duty base I was tdy from). I'm sure the patch helped deter comments from those who might have tried to "chief" me outside my chain of command. Plus, I DNGAF what anybody said anyway outside my direct chain of command (and most of the time even within).

6 hours ago, di1630 said:

Do you want to allow me to wear the patches I want or do you want to lose a 4,000 hr 11F?

They probably just swapped them out for you knowing your neck and back are wrecked with that level of experience and you can’t see them anyway.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, 12xu2a3x3 said:

https://www.facebook.com/AFamnncosnco/posts/137126501869098

happened just like it says, can confirm, smdh.

Hope this blows up on social media and this OG/CC gets publicly raked across the coals and fired by ACC leadership backed up by the CSAF.  

No offense to my ABM bros but is this OG/CC an ABM that has zero concept of aviation hazards and fatigue? Unless you’re in combat, an ABM not being able to do their job doesn’t kill lives.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, 12xu2a3x3 said:

https://www.facebook.com/AFamnncosnco/posts/137126501869098

happened just like it says, can confirm, smdh.

Please tell me this was in an unclass setting and someone had their cell phone recording this?!?  But seriously, if true, everyone in the room should have left the building and immediately filed an IG complaint.  

3 minutes ago, dream big said:

Hope this blows up on social media and this OG/CC gets publicly raked across the coals and fired by ACC leadership backed up by the CSAF.  

No offense to my ABM bros but is this OG/CC an ABM that has zero concept of aviation hazards and fatigue? Unless you’re in combat, an ABM not being able to do their job doesn’t kill lives.  

Wait, this dude is an ABM?  Oh man...lol, someone should have asked if he had come to that viewpoint from is vast experience as a pilot? :thefinger:

• Like 1

It’s true I heard it myself. Flight deck dudes and dudettes are a unified front and we’re handling it. 

He’s an ABM, there’s only ABMs in charge of anything here. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 12xu2a3x3 said:

It’s true I heard it myself. Flight deck dudes and dudettes are a unified front and we’re handling it. 

I knew it!! Fuck that guy!! Remember how a social media campaign torched that 2 star who called those supporting the A-10 traitors and subsequently got fired? Let’s hope the same heat gets brought on this DB. 

Don’t cave, if you are not rested to fly for a BS ex, don’t! If you get persecuted, go to your IG.  Worst case, your senator Tom Cotton has your back.  Combat?..different story.  Either way, LTs start the corn machine because I can’t wait to see this unfold. 

Good thing we have a metric fuck ton of E-3s and can afford to lose a few so some WG/CC can get his next promotion. Not like those jets are a precious and finite national asset or something…..oh wait. Oh yeah, playing fast and loose with the lives of 20 some odd crewmembers per jet is also bad. Feel for you guys that continue to ride out bad leadership (and/or have no choice). FWIW, I know quite a few good dudes and dudettes that stuck around after I left and seem to be making a difference. Hoping that’s a trend. If not, airlines will be continuing to hire for a bit & the water’s nice. 

2 hours ago, dream big said:

Remember how a social media campaign torched that 2 star who called those supporting the A-10 traitors and subsequently got fired? Let’s hope the same heat gets brought on this DB. 

Fired?  Barely. 
He became Director of Current Ops for the Depity CoS for Ops. 

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Regardless of the OG/CC’s actions, wtf was the exercise white cell team thinking planning that exercise that way? That is some piss poor exercise planning.

My guess is that the White Cell put the sorties on the schedule, then left it to the squadrons to fill.

In all the exercises I planned in the IG, I never told commanders when to start the deployment line.  I told them what time their first "deployed" sortie should be in the air and left them to back out the timeline. 

• Upvote 3

Agreed. Either way it’s a fail on SQ for not either pushing back against White Cell schedule or setting a better schedule. I’m sure that the SQ CC or DO will be the only ones fired on this.

OG and Vice will likely be promoted. Crews will likely get out because of anger and be replaced.

This AF is so upside down. Was hoping Goldfien wouldn’t do much damage to the AF. But I guess that was too much to hope for. Here’s to fingers…..

14 hours ago, 12xu2a3x3 said:

Ask him what UPT base he washed out of?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, pawnman said:

My guess is that the White Cell put the sorties on the schedule, then left it to the squadrons to fill.

In all the exercises I planned in the IG, I never told commanders when to start the deployment line.  I told them what time their first "deployed" sortie should be in the air and left them to back out the timeline. 

Interesting. Thanks.

On 7/15/2021 at 7:02 PM, SocialD said:

Please tell me this was in an unclass setting and someone had their cell phone recording this?!?  But seriously, if true, everyone in the room should have left the building and immediately filed an IG complaint.  

Wait, this dude is an ABM?  Oh man...lol, someone should have asked if he had come to that viewpoint from is vast experience as a pilot? :thefinger:

RUMINT is someone recorded some audio..

comacc is visiting early next week, at least a few peeps are expecting some changes. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, 08Dawg said:

Kicking the safety team out is a massive red flag. If I’m the wing chief of safety and I hear that, the answer is “Uh, no”

Lol, you don’t have to be a WCoS to know that’s a foul.  Hell, I’ll bet the LTs in the room knew it was fucked up like polio as soon as it was happening.

This is like busting a rule on a checkride; from the WG/CC’s perspective, his hands are probably tied with respect to the outcome at this point.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Scooter14 said:

I’m trying to find his official bio online. I’m willing to bet he spent the majority of his career checking boxes as an exec and going towards schools vs. being in an ops squadron hacking the mission.

The culture in the AWACS community pretty much guarantees this is the case. Their priorities are often misaligned with the rest of the CAF.