What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

23 hours ago, StoleIt said:

Glad every Agency Superintendent agreed...but what did the Agency OIC's say? WTF were the Chief of IG (generally a pilot), Chief of Safety (pilot SQ/CC in waiting), Chief of Command Post (pilot), and the DS (a disgruntled pilot who hates their job) doing when this was rolled out?

Probably auto deleting nonner BS emails like this.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, di1630 said:

Well, for the umpteenth time in my 20+ yrs, AETC is cracking down on patch wear. I guess the big problems like mishaps and retention are solved. Always disappointed when generals push this stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Anything you can link to?  Or just stern words flowing down from "leadership"?

5 hours ago, Shakermaker said:

A certain 2 Star came to a small base in Oklahoma to deliver the message in person.

Is this the same guy who said (on FB) that airlines won't be hiring for "a long time."  Same guy that said he had no details on the bonus, but then proceeded to give a "do it for God and country" speech, as a precursor to the release of a shitty bonus?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, SocialD said:

Is this the same guy who said (on FB) that airlines won't be hiring for "a long time."  Same guy that said he had no details on the bonus, but then proceeded to give a "do it for God and country" speech, as a precursor to the release of a shitty bonus?

I enjoy seeing people like that on “blacklists” companies have when they get out and assume they’re a shoe-in to be hired.

5 hours ago, Sua Sponte said:

I enjoy seeing people like that on “blacklists” companies have when they get out and assume they’re a shoe-in to be hired.

I doubt the current 19 AF/CC is going to try and get hired to fly for an airline anytime soon, but I could be wrong.

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Notice how I said “companies” and not “airline.”

Fair enough, but if you don’t think Wills or any other GO isn’t going to find a high paying job at a “company” then you’re fooling yourself. 

22 minutes ago, HeloDude said:

Fair enough, but if you don’t think Wills or any other GO isn’t going to find a high paying job at a “company” then you’re fooling yourself. 

By high paying company, you mean the bullshit consulting LLC they’ll make themselves CEO? Sure.

22 minutes ago, Sua Sponte said:

By high paying company, you mean the bullshit consulting LLC they’ll make themselves CEO? Sure.

High paying is high paying, is it not?  Either this or with a company with more than a few employees.  

I don’t have to like it, and neither do you, but these GOs will have zero problems getting hired by a legitimate business if that’s what they want.  They have more influence and connections than you or I could ever dream.  And with the defense industry/military industrial complex only getting larger, those businesses are even that more hungry for retired GOs.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Helo is right, no matter how big of a douche canoe they are, they'll have zero problems finding something on the outside.  Douche canoes take care of douche canoes...there is no justice.  I've saw an O-6 black-balled from pretty much everywhere he tried to go, and one of the (many) people he fucked over, flat out told him it was happening.  He deserved every bit of it.  

Edited by SocialD
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, SocialD said:

Helo is right, no matter how big of a douche canoe they are, they'll have zero problems finding something on the outside.  Douche canoes take care of douche canoes...there is no justice.  I've saw an O-6 black-balled from pretty much everywhere he tried to go, and one of the (many) people he fucked over, flat out told him it was happening.  He deserved every bit of it.  

I wish for more of this type of justice 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I haven’t been in AETC since 2011 but see Gen Wills interaction across the various Facebook groups so that’s all my knowledge. Why the hate for the guy? UPT evolution decisions or something else?

I haven’t been in AETC since 2011 but see Gen Wills interaction across the various Facebook groups so that’s all my knowledge. Why the hate for the guy? UPT evolution decisions or something else?

I personally really like his act. I disagree with him in topics and have seen him interact with people in the bar who call him out. He’s polite, respectful and will share his view and admit it’s not infallible. Some people just love to hate leadership regardless. I respect the fact he’ll engage with the peasants. That’s more than many generals would do.

They probably saw your AFRC patch and knew saying anything would be a lost cause.

I’m not a reservist...AD, although I’m post 20, no bonus with the ability to call it quits anytime I like with 4 months notice and I let that be known.

Do you want to allow me to wear the patches I want or do you want to lose a 4,000 hr 11F?

I’m usually left alone.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, di1630 said:

I’m not a reservist...AD, although I’m post 20, no bonus with the ability to call it quits anytime I like with 4 months notice and I let that be known.

Do you want to allow me to wear the patches I want or do you want to lose a 4,000 hr 11F?

I’m usually left alone.

That’s the equivalent of being “made” in a Mob family. Untouchable.

• Upvote 1