What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

17 minutes ago, pawnman said:

I don't think so.  This guy was talking about recent job gripes in the AF.  I thought PYB was removed from the Air Force after some conscientious objecting/protesting related to drone strikes.

That and he has to mention how his wife graduated Harvard Law every 6-9 seconds.

19 minutes ago, pawnman said:

I don't think so.  This guy was talking about recent job gripes in the AF.  I thought PYB was removed from the Air Force after some conscientious objecting/protesting related to drone strikes.

I love how these rumors are born and bred.

For one, Rick actually *won* his case where he objected to what he found to be an unconstitutional order to kill an American citizen, and was reprised against by his local chain of command for that objection.

Second, he just retired....not any "retirement in lieu of" or any of those shenanigans, but a regular ol' retirement.  IIRC it might have been a couple years less than 20, when they were offering early retirements 5-ish years ago.

Dude had/has his issues, but wasn't kicked out.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Hacker said:

For one, Rick actually *won* his case where he objected to what he found to be an unconstitutional order to kill an American citizen, and was reprised against by his local chain of command for that objection.

Second, he just retired....not any "retirement in lieu of" or any of those shenanigans, but a regular ol' retirement.  IIRC it might have been a couple years less than 20, when they were offering early retirements 5-ish years ago.

Fair enough.  I just remember him using the legal system a bit...zealously, and that he was no longer in the Air Force.

I retract my previous statement about him getting kicked out.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:51 AM, Hacker said:

Correct. TERA program of fy 14 and 15. Lot of eligible folks took the 15 year retirement and hit the airlines at a great time. It was high cotton for a couple years.

And you're also correct on the reprisal accusation wrt the signature strike extrajudicial killing of a us citizen, he prevailed on that one. The one that got him more notoriety was the uvalde exchanges with the CBP during his days at DLF, complete with the accompanying youtube fame. Argument could be made he was the first baseops influencer before it became fashionable to have "I love me" channels lol. 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Danger41 said:

Oh shit! Now you’ve done it...

I looked at a few articles he posted. Didn’t know there were so many “traitors” in our midst.

When everyone you disagree with is a traitor, that's what tends to happen.

I'm seeing a lot of it among my Trump-supporter friends as well.  Now the VP, Mitch McConnell, and every congressman who voted to certify the election are traitors.  

• Upvote 3

Been living rent-free in this man's head for years and I didn't even know it haha. Kinda sad when someone goes off the deep end like he did TBH.

Proud traitor* over here, glad to be in the company of so many others in this august forum :flag_waving:

*normal person

Edited by nsplayr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, MyCS said:

I start terminal next February. Was working in Wing Safety then got moved to XP under 2 civilians. I wanted the safety certifications that's why I was working in safety. The wing king moved me after 2 months and my continuation paperwork debacle which resulted in 2 Maj Gens scolding his @$$. I don't get along with one of the 2 civilian bosses. Let's call one of them ex AF captain micromanager. My civilian boss in the safety office was cool asf. I'm tired of doing civilians work and being a PROJO. 

I have a chance to move over to the OSS and be an ADO. The OSS/CC said he is going to have an O-6 call over to ask for me. Am I just bitching or should I be allowed to do a job I'm proficient at doing prior to retirement? Not to mention the OSS/CC said I won't have to worry about queep...lol.

Advice please.

What OSS is that? OSS ADO is nothing but queep..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You should take a job with the least amount of work/stress/queep to help you focus on your transition (i.e. writing a resume, job applications, interviewing techniques, moving logistics, VA claim, etc.).

Helping the USAF in any type of way your last year in should be the last thing on your mind.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, MyCS said:

So the OSS/CC asked to house me from my toxic wing (tenant). I am already double billeted in my squadron, but work at the wing. The wing told the OSS/CC, yeah you can have him if you billet him. I kind of begged the OSS/CC to see if he can pull some strings or have them double billet me anywhere. 

You guys know a lot on this site. Probably understand what can and cannot be done with billets better than me. Is there any way to have someone billet me until I start the Skills Bridge program in January before I retire? Just trying to escape a toxic wing! 

There's all kinds of magic bullshit you can do with billets.  However, it really depends on what he's doing with the unit, and what the unit needs.  If he's low in your grade/exp he is not at an advantage doing it because you won't be off the books until you've got that blue ID card.  Which is an eternity in Sq time.

You're a year out...ftg (Fucks To Give) should be ≤ 0.  If you're coming in/leaving on time and not "out-processing" you're doing it wrong.  FYI - out-processing includes calling to get your old medical records from cold storage because they will not have them on base

If you're worried about a dec, that's a personal choice, but you've got the guns to back up getting a MSM...that's it.  It's damn near guaranteed.

I retired in Aug '20.  I work as a contractor on base. No one gives a shit about my last job, dec or rank. It's fantastic, but a def mindset change.  Start NOW with getting your cranium right for a very different world.  I might have been a little different since I enlisted at 18, but it's...totally different, and so much better than I could have imagined.

• Like 1

When I hit 20 I started looking for a job. I didn't look real hard because as the Group Stan/Eval guy I was still able to fly and do a lot of airplane shit, minimal queep. I still, for the most part, enjoyed going to work. Having said that I understand Gp stan/eval is not the great place to work it used to be. Finally got the phone call that put me where I am today, still doing airplane shit.

Edited by arg
Bacon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, arg said:

When I hit 20 I started looking for a job. I didn't look real hard because as the Group Stan/Eval guy I was still able to fly and do a lot of airplane shit, minimal queep. I still, for the most part, enjoyed going to work. Having said that I understand Gp stan/eval is not the great place to work it used to be. Finally got the phone call that put me where I am today, still doing airplane shit.

Same here. My degrees are in other things, but I still do airplane shit, but get paid a ton more without the queep, but also not the actual flying. My experience in OGV and the FTU is what helped me land my current role.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sua Sponte said:

Same here. My degrees are in other things, but I still do airplane shit, but get paid a ton more without the queep, but also not the actual flying. My experience in OGV and the FTU is what helped me land my current role.

Would love to hear more about these avenues, as someone who has made a career in the T11Kxx world with little interest or incentive (less than 10 years to self-imposed full retirement after .mil retirement) to dabble in the airline thing post .mil.

Are we talking GS jobs? contractor? OEM employer? flying, non-flying? PM if you don't want to divulge specifics. How did Stan/Eval affiliation helped you? Cheers.

Edited by hindsight2020

3 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

Would love to hear more about these avenues, as someone who has made a career in the T11Kxx world with little interest or incentive (less than 10 years to self-imposed full retirement after .mil retirement) to dabble in the airline thing post .mil.

Are we talking GS jobs? contractor? OEM employer? flying, non-flying? PM if you don't want to divulge specifics. How did Stan/Eval affiliation helped you? Cheers.

PM sent

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

Contract simulator instructor for me, Herk engineer. AC-130H,U,W/MC-130E,H,P,W Mission qual, sim refresher, system refresher, I even taught maintenance engine run for awhile. Ten years at Hurbie and ten at Cannon. Very cool job that I enjoy even after 20 years. That's what I meant by still doing airplane shit. Is it the same as sitting in the seat and doing the job? No, but it's close. I get to do several observation flights a year to evaluate what we teach versus what the guys are doing, hopefully it's close haha. Stan/Eval qual helped me get this job for probably obvious reasons.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 1/22/2021 at 7:13 PM, MyCS said:

She did say I can be out by 1300 on my one office day a week.

If you’re inside a year, come and go and do as you please. 

You’ve got to take care of you, because no one else will. 

what are they gonna do, fire you?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, ToHoldShort said:

Telling a one sided story blasting an airman without due diligence to research the other side of the story. And then editing the original post

W-T-F....

Good on the PJs shirt though for calling her out. 

• Upvote 3

So instead of removing the post and apologizing like a real leader would , she doubles down and says social media makes it look bad. No. That’s not what happened at all. You shared a story demoralizing the other side without knowing it whatsoever. 

if the tables were turned on a man he would be out the door quicker than the story surfaced.  This is what happens when the military tries to take a role in social norms. How about instead we promote a dual mil couple that was together for 20 years instead. 

• Like 5

A couple of my AF Facebook friends really like her as evidenced by their constant praising on her official Facebook. Personally she lost me at the “Bass or Bass” joke that she lost her mind on.

In my not so humble badass opinion, she is a complete joke and completely under-qualified for this job. She is a consistent embarrassment to the Air Force.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

• Like 3