What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

The big DLF scandal a few years ago was an MWS IP

Yeah, I’m talking about other stuff. Unrelated to what happened at DLF. I’m just saying it happens more than the AF likes to admit. I’m not excusing it, nor am I going to talk about specifics, I’m just speaking truth for those that may be heading to UPT as an IP. Seriously watch yourselves and your buddies.

I find it odd the AF goes scorched earth on these people when there are officers and enlisted getting married it seems like every other month. I'm not talking about both prior enlisted and one gets commissioned either. It's cool though, because one of them is getting out soon... Not saying either is right, it just seems like big blue turns a blind eye to a lot of other inappropriate relationships.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, hindsight2020 said:

If by that you mean a lack of civilian women who are white just like the prevailing AF officer pilot population, then yes, that very much is a primary reason why "shitting where you eat" is more common at DLF than the other UPT bases. I don't know why people tip toe so much around this demographic self evident truth. 

Wtf? I don't think that's what he means at all. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, MooseAg03 said:

I’m wondering if the rate of unprofessional relationships is higher at Laughlin than it is at Vance or Columbus (both are much closer proximity to university campuses). If so, too bad we didn’t keep Reese instead of Laughlin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be awesome, but I don't think I would've graduated if I went through Reese....

2 hours ago, hindsight2020 said:

If by that you mean a lack of civilian women who are white just like the prevailing AF officer pilot population, then yes, that very much is a primary reason why "shitting where you eat" is more common at DLF than the other UPT bases. I don't know why people tip toe so much around this demographic self evident truth. 

....come on man.  Why’s it gotta there

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Go on

He was married with a pregnant wife. Dating a student. When investigations were ongoing, he buried his cellphone outside a hangar at DRT. Kept it up and brought his student girlfriend to San Antonio while his wife was at the maternity appointment.

He was court martialed in 2015.

Edit: 

Here's a link.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expressnews.com/news/local/amp/Air-Force-pilot-given-45-days-in-sex-obstruction-6636968.php

Edited by LookieRookie

37 minutes ago, di1630 said:

For f-s sake....there is banging a student drunk on XC and then there is that situation. Sounds straight outta the trailer park.

I’d love to see pics of the women involved. The wife had to be a real piece of work to have self esteem that low to try and stick it out with that dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

You don’t remember the married flight commander bangin the married female instructor in the O club parking lot while we were there.  He wasn’t a flight commander on Monday.  I could go on forever, Del Rio is ripe with it.

You don’t remember the married flight commander bangin the married female instructor in the O club parking lot while we were there.  He wasn’t a flight commander on Monday.  I could go on forever, Del Rio is ripe with it.

I do. I also remember the 2 x female T-38 IPs banging students. I remember the married FAIP banging the enlisted chick and more. Lots of sketchy stuff.

But all that was nothing compared to the stuff I saw in CAF squadrons.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

On 9/14/2018 at 3:58 PM, Duck said:

I will say this, it’s tough for the FAIPs. They are closer to the students age then the “wife and 2 kids” MWS guy who is at a minimum 5 years older than him. You put them in towns where the talent is tough to find. Then along walks in this LT who starts to feel like you taught her to fly and you were the cool IP and now she wants to go XC with you. Then everyone is drinking and... it isn’t hard to see how two adults end up in this situation. Not saying I agree but it’s reality.

I copy the frailties of human nature.  However, I have zero sympathy for an officer who puts their personal passions above the mission.  I get it,  not many dating options in del rio.  Also not many options in Bagram.  Get used to it.  

• Upvote 3

I copy the frailties of human nature.  However, I have zero sympathy for an officer who puts their personal passions above the mission.  I get it,  not many dating options in del rio.  Also not many options in Bagram.  Get used to it.  

Isn’t that society these days though? How many times have you seen a dude in the public eye with MUCH more to lose than a 1LT in the USAF and he can’t keep it in his pants.

3 hours ago, BashiChuni said:

Preach it. And cry me a river (see what I did there) about Del Rio not having women. San Antonio is 2.5 hours away. And there’s tinder, bumble, grinder. Never been a better time in history to be stationed at remote places with a thing called el interneto. 

Spoken like a RND baby. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

BTW, this goes beyond gossipy drama, the DoD wastes tons of talent every year on preventable retention losses over point blank basing/PCS decisions. It's not like there is a shortage of middle managers....oh wait a minute.

But you warrior monks keep talking about personal moral bankruptcy being the problem. lol

Edited by hindsight2020

Guess what? There were plenty of "unlawful" options in Bagram too. And they were exploited far more than in UPT. I don't think anyone is asking for sympathy, it's just a fact of life in a coed organization. Always has, always will.
  • Upvote 1