What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

8 minutes ago, tac airlifter said:

..I recommend elevating this past the front office to an actual commander...

Per the reg (AFI 36-2905), paragraphs 2.25.8 and 9, which have to do with being current when PCSing and also having a 42 day acclimation period following extended (>30 days) TDY, fall under the responsibility of your unit/squadron commander.  This person shouldn't get a say in it if your commander is good with it.  There's also nothing in AFI 36-2905 (Assignments) saying that you have to do this...in fact paragraph  2.40.3.9 says being out of standards does not affect your assignment, in and of itself.

• Like 1

"Large portions of the aircraft, including a wing and the fuselage, were found intact after the crash, allowing investigators to identify it as an F-16, police said at the time of the incident."

Incredible investigative skills at play here.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

A gem in my email:

"A change to the join spouse assignment policy has been approved allowing mil-to-mil couples to serve together at Osan AB, Korea, effective 31 March 2018.  This program has been approved for 36-monhts and implementation status will be reviewed in March 2020.  Because of limiting factors with MilPDS, follow-on policy implications and changing join spouse intent codes in the system, implementation will be by exception until the system is updated for normal operations."

Cool...if mil-mil couples wanted to get their short tours done at the same time...and the same location...sounds like a good deal.

"This change in policy is only for the military couples; dependents are still not authorized to accompany the Airmen to Osan.  Each Airman will be required to live in separate unaccompanied quarters; however, they will receive short tour credit and still be eligible for follow-on consideration."

Aaaaaand that's where the AF goes and fucks it six ways from Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Duck said:

If you fail a PT test the week before you PCS, does the AF still PCS you? Just wondering how that would effect you.

They still pcs you, if it was your first fail, at least that was the case of a lt in my unit. The fail would just be remediate at your next base.

To note: you would be required to take a test at your current base if your test expired within 30 days after you pcs as well to accomodate for climate acclimation issues etc.

2 hours ago, Buddy Spike said:

Image result for wat

50 minutes ago, Weezer said:

I think he was responding to a post I made in another forum following up on the F-16 crash in DC back in April.  Somehow ended up in the wrong forum.

Dudes, I'm ing dying over here laughing at work.

How the **** did that happen?

Bonus points Buddy Spike.

Edited by VMFA187

8 hours ago, epsilon said:

Since this deals with PT tests (which we all hate)I figured it could fall under "what's wrong with the Air Force" category.

I'm PCS'ing next week with an approx 4.5 month enroute Conus TDY.  My MPF is telling me I have to retake my PT test prior to leaving even though I am current through Jan.  My interpretation of the reg was that I fell into an extended TDY exemption.  They were citing a newish policy that says you have to be current at gaining PCS location plus 42 days.  However, unless I get excellent there is no way the math would work out anyway based on the length of my TDY.  I would still not have the 42 days after RNLTD even if I took one day prior to my class start (assuming only a SAT score).

I really don't want to quibble but I don't want to unnecessarily take it because of a WOM.  Any thoughts or experiences on this?

Thanks

I had a similar situation at an oversees location trying to PCS in a few days while MPF was refusing to do my final out (I would have been current through a 4 month TDY enroute plus ~20 days after RNLTD.) I pleaded and convinced them I would do my PT test at my TDY location.  They agreed to sign the paperwork and I was on my way.  When I got to the TDY location I conveniently forgot about the PT test and just took it at my new base.  No questions asked.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=3491

Anyone have any insight on this? This was the first I’ve heard of this case. Apparently the Col had an issue with signing a spouse appreciation certificate for a gay member at their retirement. A Maj Gen signed it while the Col submitted a religious accommodation request, but apparently that wasn’t enough for the retiring NCO who took offense and filed an EO complaint.

1 hour ago, xaarman said:

I had a commander that didn't want to sign a certificate for a gay spouse citing religious beliefs. The OG said sign it or you're fired. Then he signed it. Over in about an afternoon.

I don't understand why people feel like taking a stand on something as simple as signing a certificate.  I'm not a fan of someone shoving their religious beliefs, sexual orientation, or political views in my face though. 

I have found a lot of believers have a real problem understanding where their religious freedom ends and where the rights of others begin. Given teh amount of lies they're fed from those seeking to control them, it's not much of a surprise.

Here's the Cliff Notes version:

We're a secular democracy, not a theocracy. The Constitution does not have the word God in it. The men that founded this country wrote extensively about the separation. Jefferson went so far as discuss building up a wall between the church and state.

Your beliefs are for you. Our laws and our public institutions are for everybody. Christians, Jews, Atheists, Muslims, Cargo cults, etc.

You may not hold up your belief system as an excuse to not abide by the law or deprive others of their due process or equal access. If you could, then these "church of no taxes" would be the most wildly successful new religion ever, and their members wouldn't be in jail or on the losing end of a huge tax bill and lien form the IRS.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 10/27/2017 at 6:00 AM, epsilon said:

Since this deals with PT tests (which we all hate)I figured it could fall under "what's wrong with the Air Force" category.

I'm PCS'ing next week with an approx 4.5 month enroute Conus TDY.  My MPF is telling me I have to retake my PT test prior to leaving even though I am current through Jan.  My interpretation of the reg was that I fell into an extended TDY exemption.  They were citing a newish policy that says you have to be current at gaining PCS location plus 42 days.  However, unless I get excellent there is no way the math would work out anyway based on the length of my TDY.  I would still not have the 42 days after RNLTD even if I took one day prior to my class start (assuming only a SAT score).

I really don't want to quibble but I don't want to unnecessarily take it because of a WOM.  Any thoughts or experiences on this?

Thanks

I'm curious what their reaction will be when you take the test, and you still won't be current 42 days after your arrive at your gaining location.

7 hours ago, LJDRVR said:

I have found a lot of believers have a real problem understanding where their religious freedom ends and where the rights of others begin. Given teh amount of lies they're fed from those seeking to control them, it's not much of a surprise.

Here's the Cliff Notes version:

We're a secular democracy, not a theocracy. The Constitution does not have the word God in it. The men that founded this country wrote extensively about the separation. Jefferson went so far as discuss building up a wall between the church and state.

Your beliefs are for you. Our laws and our public institutions are for everybody. Christians, Jews, Atheists, Muslims, Cargo cults, etc.

You may not hold up your belief system as an excuse to not abide by the law or deprive others of their due process or equal access. If you could, then these "church of no taxes" would be the most wildly successful new religion ever, and their members wouldn't be in jail or on the losing end of a huge tax bill and lien form the IRS.

In general I agree with you but.....

We are not a secular democracy, we are a constitutional republic, God and Creator are all over the Declaration of Independence, and if the writers wanted the separation in there I believe they would have put it there, at least 6 people signed both.  The ones that wrote about it in letters wrote about separation of religion, not from religion.  I would also argue that a one persons rights are not more important than another persons.  All that being said the military is a different animal, those higher ranking than another can tell you to shut up and color.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

So, if say, there was a signed treaty from that time period that said, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion," would that be enough to convince you of the founder's intent? 

11 hours ago, Fud said:

I don't understand why people feel like taking a stand on something as simple as signing a certificate.  

Yeah, I'm with you.  He was a great f'ing dude when I knew him.  Sad to see him end his career over something like that.

12 hours ago, Fud said:

I don't understand why people feel like taking a stand on something as simple as signing a certificate. 

I'm sure there are things you will stand for on principle... and that others may not understand.