What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

I say keep it up. Thanks for being a voice for those that have been told for so long "you volunteered", as if by volunteering I waived my ability to use common sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Moose said:

James Post too.

I've never met a single person who thought this. He was my wing CC at Shaw and was universally hated. Enlisted would openly insult him in front of officers. I heard the same from bros up in AK as well. He pulled the same shenanigans, trying to get a light bar on his Wing CC cruiser so he could pull people over, trying to ruin careers of anyone who questioned him, etc.

I know my post earlier didn't make this clear TC, but I echo tac airlifter's sentiments. Despite my issues with some of your content, you've been a net positive and in some cases really made a difference. I'm glad someone established enough of a presence to get inside senior leadership's OODA loop. Keep it up. 

TC, any idea on what's going on with the 08 Majors Board results? Rumors are something about stripping school selects/candidates off the board results. Seems strange this would happen within the last two weeks of the board being released causing them to push back the public release date.

Could this possibly be in response to Capt Byrnes promotion article that you shared?

TC, any idea on what's going on with the 08 Majors Board results? ...
Could this possibly be in response to Capt Byrnes promotion article that you shared?

It can't possibly be taking them that long to find his individual result and change it and line it out.

I kid. Good article.

TC, any idea on what's going on with the 08 Majors Board results? Rumors are something about stripping school selects/candidates off the board results. Seems strange this would happen within the last two weeks of the board being released causing them to push back the public release date.

Link to the article?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While I am sorry my 08 bros have to wait, if they are indeed getting rid of "school selects" then me says that is a very positive change in terms of promotion and career progression.  It may eliminate the unnecessary box checking leading up to majors board (exec, moving jobs every 6-9 months) and otherwise polluting the time of a critical demographic in the squadrons.  Instead, hopefully we can spread out the "leadership selection" over several years and maybe find better leaders, possibly "late bloomers."  I'm for it!

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, dream big said:

While I am sorry my 08 bros have to wait, if they are indeed getting rid of "school selects" then me says that is a very positive change in terms of promotion and career progression.  It may eliminate the unnecessary box checking leading up to majors board (exec, moving jobs every 6-9 months) and otherwise polluting the time of a critical demographic in the squadrons.  Instead, hopefully we can spread out the "leadership selection" over several years and maybe find better leaders, possibly "late bloomers."  I'm for it!

That's the sad thing, to me decoupling school selection from the O-4 board could be a good development. The problem is that the AF has done a shitty job of explaining any potential change, selling their folks on why the new policy is better, and communicating a timeline for change which they intend to live by.

In other words, big surprise... /sarcasm

• Upvote 1

That's the sad thing, to me decoupling school selection from the O-4 board could be a good development. The problem is that the AF has done a shitty job of explaining any potential change, selling their folks on why the new policy is better, and communicating a timeline for change which they intend to live by.

In other words, big surprise... /sarcasm

Exactly. Talk about Fire, Aim, Ready. What a time to choose to do this after the release date has gone and passed.

My guess is the board came back with a disproportionate amount of school slots for non-rated.

In fact the word on the street is that the delay is due to coordination with PA on how to explain and sell this thing. GMAFB.

So for those in the know, will decoupling (love the prop reference btw) school selects be for the 08 board or start with 09?

Word from the functionals is that it started after the 08 results came back from SecDef. So it will be this board. No school selects.

Maybe I'm skeptical, but I think this is just a way to keep the rank chasers "on the hook" until a little later down the road. So, instead of finding out if you're going to be a fast burner like 1 year before your commitment ends and bail, you stay in and find out once you've signed the bonus and they already own you.

Not that I'm sympathetic, since rank chasers can all go get fucked. I'm just surprised it hasn't happened earlier.

Maybe I'm skeptical, but I think this is just a way to keep the rank chasers "on the hook" until a little later down the road. So, instead of finding out if you're going to be a fast burner like 1 year before your commitment ends and bail, you stay in and find out once you've signed the bonus and they already own you.
Not that I'm sympathetic, since rank chasers can all go get ed. I'm just surprised it hasn't happened earlier.

Honestly I think it's genuine. He acts slowly, but the CSAF so far seems to legitimately want to push power down the chain. His squadron letter spelled it out, and this change is aligned with that spirit.

Will some wg/ccs use the HPO mindset with this new authority? Sure. But the old way did that to everyone, so at least now the good guys can now make a difference in their wings.

I think of it like States' rights. Some will abuse (CA, NY), but the system will benefit

Sent from my Vitamix 450x Professional using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Honestly I think it's genuine. He acts slowly, but the CSAF so far seems to legitimately want to push power down the chain. His squadron letter spelled it out, and this change is aligned with that spirit.

Will some wg/ccs use the HPO mindset with this new authority? Sure. But the old way did that to everyone, so at least now the good guys can now make a difference in their wings.

I think of it like States' rights. Some will abuse (CA, NY), but the system will benefit

Sent from my Vitamix 450x Professional using Tapatalk

Fingers goldfien doesn't give a crap about the individual or what goes on in the squadron. Unless he's in the squadron.

• Downvote 2

We all believed that Welsh was genuine and see how far that got us? Talk's cheap and so far Finger's has provided only talk and some minor change that is not worth mentioning yet.  If he makes bigger more meaningful steps all the more credit to him but so far I'm not entertained. 

• Upvote 1

This is totally fair. If I'm pushing stories that leave readers with the impression of inductive reasoning based on a single random email, I'm missing the mark. Appreciate the input.

TC, I just sent you a PM. I have a former student who has quite the story to tell you. Might need some JQP light shined on it.

Duck, you're a tease. If you were a hooker...you'd starve.

Bendy

True... haven't seen too many 6'4" 250lb hookers. One of my old students is going through some $hit with upper, high level management. We're talking FEB, strip your wings kinda stuff. As soon as it all settles I'll see if he minds me posting more.

On 7/11/2017 at 9:46 PM, ThreeHoler said:

Good riddance to a shit program (select via promotion board). Hopefully the new will be less shit.

Did anyone catch in Goldfein's text that it said all developmental education...does that mean O-5 and O-6 too?

I caught that. It would be a curious O-5 list, as the BTZers would already know they are SELs leaving the random few IPZers wondering about the last spots. At that point, who are they trying to kid?

I know we don't talk the Enlisted stuff too much on here, but the new CMSAF just shat all over the outgoing idiot's EPME "revolution."  Everyone should have gotten that email today.

Edited by 17D_guy
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, 17D_guy said:

I know we don't talk the Enlisted stuff too much on here, but the new CMSAF just shat all over the outgoing idiot's EPME "revolution."  Everyone should have gotten that email today.

Just saw that too.  Looks like a significant step in the right direction.

Transgender Awareness Training. I can't believe we are enacting policy to accommodate people with mental illness. I guess we learned nothing from Bradley/Chelsea Manning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 4