What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Surely there is some part of you that wants to take a polygraph, if only to impress people on the internet.

I do t k ow why you would need that or all this other access.

According to him all you need to do is grow up "next too" an Army base and you'll know all the details of how Attack Aviation works and it's shortcomings.

That's how despite no actual experience I know how to assemble a GMC Sierra pickup. There was a GM plant in the town I grew up in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This stuff is falling exactly in line with the title of the post. I bet a lot of shit would get worked out if we were physically in the same place with some beers and zero retribution. People are afraid to fight but not afraid to post anonymous stuff. And regardless of which side you're on, we all let it happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

7 minutes ago, Guardian said:

This stuff is falling exactly in line with the title of the post. I bet a lot of shit would get worked out if we were physically in the same place with some beers and zero retribution. People are afraid to fight but not afraid to post anonymous stuff. And regardless of which side you're on, we all let it happen.

A man speaking the truth...word.

• Downvote 3

All bitches, dudes, bros, FGOs and wiggers go back to your corners.  cantfly is in time out, redirect all bitching towards the AF.

I wonder what his new screen name is going to be. It'll be easy enough to ID him. He'll be the guy liking his own posts and disliking anyone who offends his tender sensibilities.

Back to the topic, I think the AF really needs to stop picking future GOs on the basis of early "excellence." There are probably a handful of bros who land SOS DG, but I imagine they're in the minority and probably most punch out and never make it to any position of influence to enact change. We keep promoting yes-men who would never dare to challenge the status quo.

Back to the topic, I think the AF really needs to stop picking future GOs on the basis of early "excellence." There are probably a handful of bros who land SOS DG, but I imagine they're in the minority and probably most punch out and never make it to any position of influence to enact change. We keep promoting yes-men who would never dare to challenge the status quo.

The Peter principle. Read the fogleman chat posts.

18 minutes ago, ihtfp06 said:

I think evidence of risking one's professional advancement to do the right thing should be required.  Looking into flag officers generally regarded as "great:"

As a captain, MacArthur had his first Medal of Honor denied because his boss didn't know what he was doing.  As a captain, Eisenhower was threatened with court martial for aggressively advocating tank-centric tactics that looked a lot like Germany's successful blitzkreig scheme.  Nimitz was court-martialed as an ensign for running his ship aground.  George Washington gave advice to his general in the French and Indian War that essentially got him killed.

Mistakes and risks are what make a leader better, and should be forgiven (when they aren't crimes, of course), and rewarded (when appropriate).  Most importantly, they should be learned from.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

As a captain, MacArthur had his first Medal of Honor denied because his boss didn't know what he was doing.

Off topic, but do people really think MacArthur was a great general? He let basically the entire Far East Air Force get destroyed on the ground by the Japanese, ten hours after the attack on Pearl Harbor. He won victories later in the war, sure, but they were victories won with numerical superiority and an overwhelming material advantage.

37 minutes ago, sforron said:

Off topic, but do people really think MacArthur was a great general? He let basically the entire Far East Air Force get destroyed on the ground by the Japanese, ten hours after the attack on Pearl Harbor. He won victories later in the war, sure, but they were victories won with numerical superiority and an overwhelming material advantage.

10 hours was a pretty short time in those days...might as well have been simultaneous.

My point isn't how great he was, but that the system promoted him despite an earlier "blemish."

Admin Note: You may have noticed the removal of 35 off-topic posts in this thread.  Sorry if yours was one of them, but it either was offending or quoted an offending post.

As Toro stated, our instigator has been put in the corner and if/when he returns to the conversation, his comments will be moderated before showing up. 

Sorry for the interruption, please continue on with the (somewhat) productive discussion...

I learned something today about baseops during the recent shenigans on this thread prior to them being wiped:

You can only give four (4) feedbacks on any one (1) day.

I was going to town on the buffoonery of the NSA expert and got the notification.

Thanks, baseops! :flag_waving:

4 hours ago, M2 said:

Admin Note: You may have noticed the removal of 35 off-topic posts in this thread.  Sorry if yours was one of them, but it either was offending or quoted an offending post.

As Toro stated, our instigator has been put in the corner and if/when he returns to the conversation, his comments will be moderated before showing up. 

Sorry for the interruption, please continue on with the (somewhat) productive discussion...

I have a very important question: what happens to the fake internet points, because I had like 3 on a post that got deleted...

• Upvote 11

13 hours ago, Hacker said:

Toro, I don't know how you still manage to give a fuck about this monkeyshit fighting.

Much more of a passive observer these days, but said offender aggravated enough people to get the thread reported to all the mods.