What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

I'm more of the mindset that a real shooting war would actually just reveal how broken the air force actually is.

Bullshit.

A real shooting war would actually highlight our capabilities as an all around killing machine. We would shitcan queep and focus only on tactics. History has proven this decades ago as well as recent times.

When bullets are flying, nobody gives two shits about reflective belts. Ops tested.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

It's not about a focus on reflective belts or the silly PM system. It's about outdated weapons, worn out equipment, a broken command and control concept in the AOC , and inadequate training and manning. Are we a better or worse air force than the one that went to war in Gulf war 1 almost 25 years ago?

• Upvote 2

No, but I would say that it was my during my first deployment where I started to lose faith in the USAF as a service. "Combat" did not miraculously fix our problems.

Edited by Jaded
  • Upvote 1

Bullshit.

A real shooting war would actually highlight our capabilities as an all around killing machine. We would shitcan queep and focus only on tactics. History has proven this decades ago as well as recent times.

When bullets are flying, nobody gives two shits about reflective belts. Ops tested.

And how many people would unnecessarily die before we highlighted those capabilities as an all around killing machine?

Look at that history you speak of...how many people died unnecessarily in 1942 or the last six months of 1950 because we weren't as prepared as we should've been when a real shooting war broke out? How many people died unnecessarily flying Rolling Thunder missions because we didn't fully shitcan stupid shit and focus only on tactics once we were in a real shooting war?

• Upvote 1

It's not about a focus on reflective belts or the silly PM system. It's about outdated weapons, worn out equipment, a broken command and control concept in the AOC , and inadequate training and manning. Are we a better or worse air force than the one that went to war in Gulf war 1 almost 25 years ago?

The only point I would say is valid is training. The AOC in its current form didn't exist in Gulf War - having worked there for three years (to include Odyssey Dawn) I can say we are light years beyond where we were 25 years ago. Manning might suck on a daily basis, but when the shit hits the fan we pull resources from wherever we can.

And how many people would unnecessarily die before we highlighted those capabilities as an all around killing machine?

Look at that history you speak of...how many people died unnecessarily in 1942 or the last six months of 1950 because we weren't as prepared as we should've been when a real shooting war broke out? How many people died unnecessarily flying Rolling Thunder missions because we didn't fully shitcan stupid shit and focus only on tactics once we were in a real shooting war?

Sorry - when I said "decades" I didn't mean a half century ago, I'm talking about the Air Force in its mostly current state. Look at how quickly and efficiently we spun up for the Gulf War, ODF, OIF. It was rapid and efficient and we didn't give two shits about queep until things started to settle down.

No, but I would say that it was my during my first deployment where I started to lose faith in the USAF as a service. "Combat" did not miraculously fix our problems.

We are not in combat. Not to take anything away from the good work we have done over the last 10+ years, but it ain't combat.

When there's a real question of whether you or your wingman will come back from a sortie - that's combat. The reason for all the queep and lack of focus is because there are very few individuals left in the Air Force who have experienced that.

• Downvote 1

This is the exact reason that ADOs should not be allowed to do shit without the DO's oversight. S/He is, after all, the A-DO. The problem starts to emerge when you have "assholedouchebagfuckstains" that the DO doesn't mentor because he's too busy doing "important stuff" like flying and teaching academics no one NEEDS. There is the possibility that he is merely overwhelmed with his own responsibilities, doesn't realize that being a good DO takes a lot of energy and A LOT of time, simply has no fucking clue what he's doing, or is literally incapable of mentoring anyone because he literally has O-5's that are ADOs (some of which are definitely "assholedouchebagfuckstains").

And before you think that an O-5 ADO has any motivation to "mentor" other O-4 ADOs or an O-4 DO, I'm not sure I can agree with the way you think. There are exceptions to everything.

Did I mention that I think having O-3 DO's isn't a bright idea?

This reminds me of the conversation on flyers being CC's of other units on base. I don't remember if I liked it or not, but I'm starting to think not.

Bendy

Recieved via PM:

Bendy/Bender.

My goal next week is to expose whom you are. Should not be to difficult as on Monday I will send a mass e-mail to the 427th/489th at Beale. Your lack of discipline and professionalism is disgraceful. Bendy...thanks for the personal attack "he literally has O-5's that are ADOs (some of which are definitely "assholedouchebag######stains").

Although you posted this on a civilian webpage, its absolutely unprofessional. As I am to you an "assholedouchebag######stain"... I will do everything I can to assure you never continue to serve/fly with professional Airman at your deployed location.

LtCol xxxxxx xxxxxxx, xxxRS/ADO

Response PM:

LtCol xxxxxx,

I am sorry that you felt that comment was directed at you. It certainly was not, as we have never met. If you feel the need to seek me out for what you feel is a personal attack, I do not pretend to this I can disuade you.

The post was a follow on to having a Major as a DO and his difficult situation he placed in with having O-5 ADOs. I will not pretend that I believe that all O-5 ADOs are good people, although I will say that I know a large number of them that are very good people and an asset to the squadron.

I was not directly referring to Shadey, the sister squadron has Doesn't anyways, so it's not possible to know who I was reffering to if I was indeed referring to someone specific...which I was not. You are connecting dots (i.e. O-5, ADOs, "some of which") and translating that into "thanks for the personal attack". I humbly submit that you are stretching too far, again I have never met you...not even by reputation.

I'm sorry you feel the need to go out of your way like this, I will try to not let it influence my first impression when we do have the opportunity to meet.

Sorry for the confusion. I could definitly have decided to make it clear that the post does not represent my personal thoughts on any specific O-5 ADO.

Bendy

I guess the witch hunt is on. There are a handful of you who know me, not that it's ever been a secret. Please share with the good LtCol if you see fit.

Bendy

Recieved via PM:

Response PM:

I guess the witch hunt is on. There are a handful of you who know me, not that it's ever been a secret. Please share with the good LtCol if you see fit.

Bendy

The best way to prove you're not a "assholedouchebagfuckstains" is by threatening people on the internet. :salut:

917245643_internet_serious_business.jpg

this-is-dog-vs-taken-meme.jpg

Edited by Buddy Spike
  • Upvote 4

We are not in combat. Not to take anything away from the good work we have done over the last 10+ years, but it ain't combat.

When there's a real question of whether you or your wingman will come back from a sortie - that's combat. The reason for all the queep and lack of focus is because there are very few individuals left in the Air Force who have experienced that.

Pretty sure the guys who have dodged bullets and missiles in the current conflicts, and ESPECIALLY those that returned without their wingmen, would tell you to go fuck yourself.

Well, that escalated quickly.

The matter has been professionally resolved (thank you for that). All just a misunderstanding...expect no email on Monday, you'll need to find your entertainment elsewhere.

That said, I would have +1'ed all the "Cripple Fight" comments if I wasn't out of upvotes. Nothing to see here...back to debating the combat nature of combat.

Bendy

Pretty sure the guys who have dodged bullets and missiles in the current conflicts, and ESPECIALLY those that returned without their wingmen, would tell you to go ###### yourself.

Easy now, bro. I said I'm not taking anything away from those that have done good work in the shit, and especially those that have paid the price. But how many enemy-caused combat losses have we had in the last 10 years?

My point is that the intensity of combat for the Air Force in the aggregate has been relatively low in comparison to WWII, Korea, Nam, and Desert Storm. As a result, we've had plenty of time to become the queep machine that the Air Force is today.

We will continue to be lost in the wilderness until the next no-shit shooting match happens. It will cost lives as we shrug off the decades of risk-aversion and shit-can the queep-master weenies who have no place in a fighting force, but we will quickly regain our focus and morale.

The matter has been professionally resolved

Jesus, how does an embarrassment (kindest word I could come up with) of that magnitude get "professionally resolved"? Did the offender offer to commit seppuku...?

• Upvote 1

So, let me get this straight....a Lt Col sees a post on a civilian interweb forum, gets butt hurt because he thought someone was talking shit about him, so he tries to pull rank and makes threats to expose someone?? REALLY? That is professional?!? Makes sense. These are the kinds of "get-your-feelings-hurt" types we have in our military...such a sensitive Lt Col. (where in the fuck do we find these people??)

• Upvote 1

So, let me get this straight....a Lt Col sees a post on a civilian interweb forum, gets butt hurt because he thought someone was talking shit about him, so he tries to pull rank and makes threats to expose someone?? REALLY? That is professional?!? Makes sense. These are the kinds of "get-your-feelings-hurt" types we have in our military...such a sensitive Lt Col. (where in the ###### do we find these people??)

If you/we do it, it's unprofessional and out of line. If they do the same thing, it's leadership.

egaju2a7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

We just have a sensitive force these days....

I wonder how that "mass e-mail" would have gone over. I've seen a Jr FGO try to embarrass a new LT with a mass e-mail for a mistake the LT made...it did not end well for the Major.

If the Lt Col was even remotely offended or thought the comments were directed at him, he should probably take a look in the mirror. Most professionals I know would have blown those comments off...especially coming from a civilian interweb site nonetheless. The real leader would have taken the mentorship path instead of pulling rank and making threats. If you have to pull rank to get your point across, you are not a leader...you're just higher ranking than the person you're talking to, and by today's standards it doesn't mean much.

• Upvote 2

I got in trouble back in school because I wrote a blog at the time, and included a post describing AFPC in a derogatory manner (we were a couple weeks out from commissioning and no one had received EAD orders yet). Fast forward a couple of days and I had multiple O-6s calling for my head due to, in the words of my spineless Det/CC, my "unprofessional profanity laden tirade."

This all got brought to light because someone from a randolph.af.mil domain searched the phrase "AFPC sucks" and that blog post happened to be within the top couple of hits. So yes, AFPC has someone who sits around googling the phrase "AFPC sucks" to smoke out people bitching about their incompetence.