What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

This sounds like something right with the AF. Airman does something dumb. Senior NCOs roll in. Problem is solved.

That's how the system is suppose to work; but yes, it is still nice to see it doing so!

Funny, not once does she admit she fucked up and is sorry for it...

1897879_594653717283790_1817851555_n.jpg

All her post is about is how great she is. Sorry, as a SrA you should be a lot smarter that and I don't care if the photo is three years old and you've won a few awards, you are an embarrassment to the USAF. I've seen a lot of outstanding troops shown the door simply because of force reduction efforts, so why she should be allowed to continue to wear the uniform is beyond me.

That article pretty much sums up everything. I think my time here is done. It's been fun...and the airlines are hiring!

Sadly, I am with you. I so badly wanted to serve and make a difference, but I find myself on the road for the 15th time with no regard for my future or that of my family. From leadership, to opstempo, to equipment, we are losing on all fronts. We were once the greatest Air Force on earth, but sadly at the rate we are currently going we will be nothing more than a sad footnote of failure.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I think the line needs to learn from medical and separate the rated dudes from the non-rated dudes into different competitive categories. In medical we have five compcats: docs, dentists, nurses, MSCs (administrators), and BSC (every other medical officer job that doesn't fit into the other compcats). We have certain command jobs earmarked for each corps, so MSC always gets X number of sq and gp command slots and doesn't have to worry about the nurses, etc stealing our slots. We compete for promotion against other MSCs, nurses against other nurses, etc. Reason for that is we're all too different to fairly judge across career fields.

• Upvote 3

I think the line needs to learn from medical and separate the rated dudes from the non-rated dudes into different competitive categories. In medical we have five compcats: docs, dentists, nurses, MSCs (administrators), and BSC (every other medical officer job that doesn't fit into the other compcats). We have certain command jobs earmarked for each corps, so MSC always gets X number of sq and gp command slots and doesn't have to worry about the nurses, etc stealing our slots. We compete for promotion against other MSCs, nurses against other nurses, etc. Reason for that is we're all too different to fairly judge across career fields.

Take your logic and piss off!

Edited by ForgotPassword
  • Upvote 5

You guys must be in some really sad squadrons. I feel bad for you. Yes, things need to improve in places but WTF?

"We were once the greatest Air Force on earth, but sadly at the rate we are currently going we will be nothing more than a sad footnote of failure?"

?????

Thanks for your service. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy flying for the airlines. I hope you find the epic job satisfaction you've been looking for on the 320 from Newark to Chicago.

Beerman, I know you've been here for a while and your comments are usually spot on, I guess we just see things differently.

I am not looking for "epic job satisfaction", I joined to serve my country and I know that comes with sacrifice, but I can tell you what I have been doing and the pace I've been doing it at it for the past five years has very little satisfaction. It was not hyperbole to say my 15th deployment and the 1:1 bog dwell for years on end has taken a toll on my family. I am sure others have been working just as hard and I can keep running at this pace, but it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you see a double standard with some of our leaders.

As for the footnote, I was serious, I am not sport bitching just because my community is having a tough time. Look around, 750 Eagles to 189 Raptors, the F-35 will never be purchased in they numbers we want, our overall fighter numbers are at an all time low and going lower, TAMI 21, VSP X 2, a nuclear enterprise that can't stay out of the news, a nuclear enterprise that is old and worn out, general officers getting plastered in Moscow, a broken CSAR fleet, 60 year old tankers, sexual assault in the news every other week, Force Shaping to pay for more F-35s, our shit is broken and worn out and we are replacing about 1/3 of what we have. Our adversaries are investing and while they may not be there yet, they are building fast. So yes, at the current rate I think we are in trouble.

As for the airlines, flying the 320 from Newark to Chicago does not sound like a life fulfilling adventure, but I can't see doing what I have been for the next 12 years.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for your service. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Enjoy flying for the airlines. I hope you find the epic job satisfaction you've been looking for on the 320 from Newark to Chicago.

This is probably the standard commander's thought process when someone has the audacity to not give 40 years of their life to bah gawd the most wonderful job in the history of mankind. It's as if people get downright offended that someone doesn't want to be exactly like them.

Now that I think about it, the things commanders tell people getting out is strikingly similar to what wife beaters tell their abused spouses. "Don't you dare leave! You're nothing without me! You'll be sorry!" Interesting,

• Upvote 4

This is probably the standard commander's thought process when someone has the audacity to not give 40 years of their life to bah gawd the most wonderful job in the history of mankind. It's as if people get downright offended that someone doesn't want to be exactly like them.

Now that I think about it, the things commanders tell people getting out is strikingly similar to what wife beaters tell their abused spouses. "Don't you dare leave! You're nothing without me! You'll be sorry!" Interesting,

I got from my OG, 9 years ago: "....ever put any thought to service before self?"....after 16 years of just that and having 7-day opted a crap assignment.

Thank you for convincing me why it was time to leave that shit show called AD.

Edited by MD