What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

Between the two firings, that are now extremely public, how is the CSAF going to have the audacity to say there's no ethical problem within the ranks?

These are being discussed in my own little part of the Comm world. This is a real discussion point for use lowly CGOs.

Chist.. now I have to document, document, document when I want to fire someone. And do it when I'm a CC just to make sure if I'm relieved of command for no reason I can start a Congressional that'll go nowhere.

At least the Maj who created a toxic environment this dude got blamed with will be handled appropriately. :banghead:

• Upvote 1

Between the two firings, that are now extremely public, how is the CSAF going to have the audacity to say there's no ethical problem within the ranks?

At least the Maj who created a toxic environment this dude got blamed with will be handled appropriately. :banghead:

Agreed on the first point.

On the second, I'm hoping that's sarcasm, considering this person apparently showboats about the then 18th AF/CC now AMC/CC being his personal mentor.

These are being discussed in my own little part of the...world.

Dear lord...good. The people working out here appreciate it when critical thought gets applied. Just be careful, we don't always know the whole story, so discuss at will...accuse carefully.

Chist.. now I have to document, document, document when I want to fire someone.

You were, and still are, supposed to do that. Just because he crashes his Porsche...

Bendy

Oh my, they changed his push line to MAJCOM staff, the horror.

We are seriously retarded when we are still inserting secret push line code words into a referral OPR.

Interesting that it says he failed to create a good climate...yet he's still #2/9 SQ/CCs. WTF are numbers 3-9 doing?

From what I gather, it seems he was given a performance review with the below Draft OPR, then blindsided with the Referral OPR.

#1 of 20 SQ/CCs

10304641_735866263151544_624037795317445

The "People skills unrivaled" is what killed him there. Everyone knows you have to be socially awkward to be a great commander these days. Why in the world would we want commanders with a personality?!?

• Upvote 2

The comment thread on JQP's blog article about the firing is mind-blowingly amazing - and still going. Highly recommend cooking up some jalapeno popcorn and sitting down for a read....

zb

• Upvote 2

The comment thread on JQP's blog article about the firing is mind-blowingly amazing - and still going. Highly recommend cooking up some jalapeno popcorn and sitting down for a read....

zb

Damn...crazy stuff on those comment threads. You could pitch that sh*t as a reality show.

People are getting called out by name. Crazy. What is amazing is that some of those names I haven't seen in a while, but they were trouble makers back when I knew them 5 years ago. The whole thing comes full circle. The AF had probably better fix the perception out there because this will likely make the AF Enquirer since news has been slow lately.

I do find it funny about the character assassination attempt by "someone" talking about how the "commander would drink beers and have fun...I didn't realize commanders couldn't drink and have fun anymore (not that you have to drink to have fun). Times have changed...and that is why clubs are failing...but I digress

The TFSC gave me a number to some office that was supposedly somewhere in AFMC A1. The number had a DSN prefix that belonged to Scott. I then emailed them back and explained that they sent me to the right office but in the wrong MAJCOM. TFSC rep didn't know that AFMC and AMC were not the same thing. I'm sure glad our AFPC dudes are knowledgable about such things.

Today I used the MPF at a Marine base and was shocked. I honestly felt like I was in a different military. After weeks of dealing with inept, lazy USAF support personnel and civilians to PCS, I was utterly amazed at the difference in professionalism and work that I saw. I was not in uniform so no indication of rank. Makes me really think the USAF has a SEVERE culture problem (on the support side that is)

But at least most guys in Ops know what their job is and how it fits into, or actually is, the mission. If you had asked those Marines how they supported the mission, I bet they could give you clear, concise, and correct answer. Try that at an AF MPF and you'll just get the RCA dog look.

Answer to above question when I was in MX: Our purpose is to do whatever it takes to get jets ready and meet the flying schedule.

Answer to above question in medical: Our purpose is to max out our PT scores and work really hard on rewriting our bullets for awards packages.

Answer to above question when I was in MX: Our purpose is to do whatever it takes to get jets ready and meet the flying schedule.

Or.....ask a crew when they drop dead before you give an ETIC. And base said ETIC on the drop dead time ...so they have to CNX and no delay code is recorded....OPs CNX

And/or....do the above...stare at a jet in the next parking spot...and say we have no spare....

Sorry couldn't help myself......

Hate hate hate

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

What kills me about MX playing stats games is that those stats should help highlight things like under-manning and acquisitions problems. Guess it's better to hide the problems and kick the can down the road.

You mean they don't have a bigger perspective than "it's not our fault"? Shocker.

What kills me about MX playing stats games is that those stats should help highlight things like under-manning and acquisitions problems. Guess it's better to hide the problems and kick the can down the road.

THIS. HOLY SHIT, THIS SO FUCKING MUCH, DUDE.