What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

KCHS has (had) Key Spouses parking spots at the commissary.

Ft Carson has spots for Housing mayors and family members of POWs.... And they are closer to it than the "expectant mother" spots which is just funny.

I might be able to understand parking spots at a busy work place....but spots at the commissary or BX where the person MIGHT go once a week is beyond ridiculous. Is anyone really that fucking lazy to walk the extra 50m from a parking spot in the back? I mean, didn't those guys make their rank based off their excellent PT scores anyway? It is about as funny as those front row parking spots at the gym people will sit and wait for instead of just walking the extra distance. YOU'RE GOING TO THE FUCKING GYM!!

• Upvote 1

http://www.spi.dod.mil/ewizard_down.htm - DoD produced Java encryption tool - approved for download on DoD or personal computers. Run it, encrypt the roster with a password, then email the encrypted file to your email and decrypt it on your laptop. Longer process but decent workaround.

There is a better work around... if anyone cares.

Being on an Army network I have issues with sending Encrypted emails all the time since they use a different GAL. Solution, if the individual sends you a digitally signed email you can select the certificate, click on "details" and then "Trust the Certificate". You will then be able to send encrypted to that individual.

There is a better work around... if anyone cares.

Being on an Army network I have issues with sending Encrypted emails all the time since they use a different GAL. Solution, if the individual sends you a digitally signed email you can select the certificate, click on "details" and then "Trust the Certificate". You will then be able to send encrypted to that individual.

• Upvote 2

The enlisted promotion system is incredibly screwed up. Because it's all career field specific it's possible that some doofus with a 28 on the asvab can make chief just because he's a cop but wouldn't even be allowed into tech school in a bunch of other afscs.

There are horrible people that study their asses off and score 90s on both tests and get promoted. It really is a horrible system. Since everyone gets 5s on their EPR and everyone has relatively the same amount medals, the only way to get promoted is to do awesome on the tests, rack up TIG points, or by being a big enough kiss ass to get step promoted. The most fucked up part about step promotions, they usually go to someone that has been stuck at TSgt forever and doesn't do well at testing. They very rarely give it to people based solely on merit.

PII fix question...if I print it as a PDF and password protect it, can it be read by the cyber dorks?

1) Print your document

2) Staple a PII coversheet over it

3) Place the document with coversheet in scanner

4) Email the scanned coversheet.

You should be good.

• Upvote 1

1) Print your document

2) Staple a PII coversheet over it

3) Place the document with coversheet in scanner

4) Email the scanned coversheet.

You should be good.

Works every time. Also remember to scan in the highest resolution possible and e-mail it to the greatest number of people possible. Don't want any white space on the e-mail exchange server.

ProTip: When I need to send PII shit out of the .mil domain I just log into my gmail, draft a message, then attach the file. I don't send it, but I can still access the draft and any attachments from anywhere I have access to gmail.

So you're the guy that got gmail blocked on NIPR.

I know it varies by base, but many have www.gmail.com blocked, but mail.google.com is not.

You know, because I'm sure Google is less secure than our cracker jack assembly of 1990s-era websites.

Remembers in the 90s when people were making awful websites on Geocities and Tripod....

Those people work for the DOD now. Which is why it takes 9 months to get a SIPR token in he Army.

Remembers in the 90s when people were making awful websites on Geocities and Tripod....

Those people work for the DOD now. Which is why it takes 9 months to get a SIPR token in he Army.

At least the simple HTML pages were much easier to navigate than the new AF portal maze.

It's like trying to solve a puzzle every time I log-in to get something done.

Edited by PanchBarnes
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gen Welsh's "initial feedback" to the commanders...

http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/484930/csaf-provides

WASHINGTON (AFNS) -- All supervisors are required to provide subordinates with an initial feedback, outlining expectations, standards and goals they can both work together to achieve.

Air Force Chief of Staff Gen. Mark A. Welsh III led the way by introducing the new Air Force Instruction 1-2 “Commander’s Responsibilities” May 8 for commanders Air Force-wide.

AFI 1-2 is a six-page document that details the general’s priorities and expectations for those officers who hold command positions. Topics range from conduct and responsibilities to Welsh’s overall intent

New AFI here: http://www.af.mil/Portals/1/documents/csaf/afi1_2.pdf

Good on Gen Welsh for trying to hold commanders accountable, but it's kind of sad after spending tons of $$ on PME we still need a new AFI to tell people how to lead the right way.

No, the sad part is that some commanders still won't lead correctly, even with an AFI telling them what's expected out of them.

agree. the horrible commanders will continue to be horrible and purposefully disregard this AFI. maybe the ones that are new/in over their heads could get something out of it? that's probably too hopeful.