What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

What a total asshole. If an ADO, who is a Major, sent this out in our squadron he would be hated from that point forward and would get every single bad deal that could be given.

He's in an MC-12 squadron...I think he's already been given every bad deal his previous squadron could find.

I saw the original e-mail (I have not connection to the Bone, T-6 FAIPs or MC-12s... good news obviously travels fast since I got a copy the day he sent it); both his Sq CC and DO were CC'd on the e-mail... interested to hear what (if anything) they had to say about it. That would be very telling.

THIS is what's wrong with the AF. From a MC-12 squadron. If six on, six off deployment cycle wasn't bad enough; now pre-deployment leave is not allowed outside of the local area and sex life must be coordinated with the ADO.

Subject: Outlining expectations and policy

XXXXXX,

A couple of recent incidents are prompting this squadron advisory email so please read and heed.

1. Leave beyond the local area WILL NOT be approved after BDOS. Local area is somewhat subjective but if you can't be recalled to the squadron within 2 hours then you will probably be denied. This is completely subject to my discretion so please be ready to explain your leave plan to me prior to approval. If I approve your local area leave and you have uncompleted pre-deployment prep or job related handoff then expect your leave to be cancelled at anytime.

2. Take charge of your deployment and major life events. Babies generally require 9-10 months to be fully operational post merge. There is plenty of time for you and your wife to execute the merge, deploy and return for your baby's solo flight. If you choose to advise me of your upcoming major life event with less than 7.5 months notice then you are failing to take charge of your deployment and are completely at my mercy. If you can't plan for your own future I have no pity. Come talk to me and I will help you evaluate your options. Bottom line, waive your dwell, deploy and return in time for your major life event and you have taken charge of your life and your wife and country will celebrate your sacrifice. If you desire to acquire a wife/husband with which to execute the merge then you should also consider taking charge of your major life event in a similar fashion.

I am quickly becoming the evil and soulless field grade officer that the Air Force desires.

XXXXXXXXXX, Maj, USAF

XXX RS Assistant Director of Operations

Beale AFB, CA

came here to post this

As for the DO comment...did you know that ACC has an experiment going where we pick Majors to be DO's now? I know of 3 "selected" individuals to fill that billet. Not the brightest idea I've ever heard, but I'm sure there are O-4's in the Air Force that are up for the task.

It's not just ACC, that thought experiment is spreading to AFGSC as well.

I think of it as a lead-turn to the mass exodus when there will be no one left to man the DO/ADO shops but Captains & Majors. However, that's giving a lot of credit where little is due.

2. Take charge of your deployment and major life events. Babies generally require 9-10 months to be fully operational post merge. There is plenty of time for you and your wife to execute the merge, deploy and return for your baby's solo flight. If you choose to advise me of your upcoming major life event with less than 7.5 months notice then you are failing to take charge of your deployment and are completely at my mercy. If you can't plan for your own future I have no pity. Come talk to me and I will help you evaluate your options. Bottom line, waive your dwell, deploy and return in time for your major life event and you have taken charge of your life and your wife and country will celebrate your sacrifice. If you desire to acquire a wife/husband with which to execute the merge then you should also consider taking charge of your major life event in a similar fashion.

I am quickly becoming the evil and soulless field grade officer that the Air Force desires.

XXXXXXXXXX, Maj, USAF

### RS Assistant Director of Operations

Beale AFB, CA

Someone who points with their elbows please translate this to English. I'm so confused and may up this guidance.

Someone who points with their elbows please translate this to English. I'm so confused and may fuck up this guidance.

said author of guidance lacks an understanding of basic science

Edited by tunes

What a total asshole. If an ADO, who is a Major, sent this out in our squadron he would be hated from that point forward and would get every single bad deal that could be given.

Did the required background reading. Not sure the complaint...if you're in a 6 on, 6 off job...wouldn't you want your 6 on to be during the "solo" ??

Edit: Posting while drinking. Disregard everything I said...he is an asshole.

Edited by ARIs 'R' Us

Good Lord, just when I have a "hey, the Air Force ain't so bad" day, I can always count on this forum to set me straight again. I seriously wonder how people become such self-aggrandizing, small-minded, narcissistic dipshits. Probably something along the lines of the nurture vs. nature argument, but who the hell knows. Personally, I'm a huge fan of the WIC shibboleth: "Knowledgable, Credible, Approachable." Too bad so few truly walk that walk (not saying that I'm the role model here, but I sure as shit make a concerted effort not to be a douche).

Finally, maybe I'm missing something here, "waive your dwell?" Didn't think it was up to the individual at this point. We just tried this and it takes 1 star approval, which was denied.

That guy's callsign isn't something you can buy at Home Depot, is it?

I didn't realize until you posted this just how many callsigns are actually just items you can buy at Home Depot: Tool, Toolbox, Hammer, Knife, Torch, Caulk, Rose, Grill, Padlock, Brick, Blade, Saw, Drill, Screw, Vise, Shovel, Hoe, Rebar, Board, Glue, and so many others. It's basically a callsign superstore.

It's not just ACC, that thought experiment is spreading to AFGSC as well.

I think of it as a lead-turn to the mass exodus when there will be no one left to man the DO/ADO shops but Captains & Majors. However, that's giving a lot of credit where little is due.

WAY too much credit...more likely just your need to attempt to make sense of non-sense.

Ceiling fan

WTF is going on in this thread right now?

Bendy

• Upvote 1

If you are screwing your spouse, there could be consequences and you will deploy anyway.

It's March... there just ain't that much spouse-screwing to be had.

Related, spouse of the year should just simply be given to the last wife to deliver a baby in December.

The quote from my real boss (sometimes I think we should promote her, but she's already the self proclaimed CINC of my residential address):

"If they want you to plan your life around the deployment, then your dates shouldn't change. "Uh, I'm deploying in like 3 weeks." "Um, my return date got pushed back" doesn't work if you are having a kid."

Yeah, I said both of those things this time around (although she's paraphrasing, I was much more charming then that recounting),

Bendy

• Upvote 1