What's wrong with the Air Force?

Catbox

If an elderly person sees you on your phone talking to someone, last time I checked its rude for them or anyone else to interrupt you unless its an emergency. Pretty sure I stated I was on the phone trying to coordinate for my own medical needs. Hell, I could have been talking to your wife and he didn't need to hear the things we talk about. Unless you are going to coordinate for the movement of my records for treatment, I don't see the point in your post at all. 

Flight medicine issued a referral off base. Why the hell didn't they have me sign a medical release form the same day? After trying to setup my appointment a week later, the off base doctor needed my records and the release form. You try talking to anyone after all that BS on multiple phone conversations. I'm embarrassed by our medical in comparison to my old lady's. 

My old lady saw me wait 2 hrs for a post operation prescription on base.  I guess it never registered to the pharmacy tech I was post op after saying it 5 damn times with a huge bandage on my neck. I had to go off base to have my prescription filled after waiting 2 hours.

And you want to take a shot at me trying to coordinate for my medical? If I were you, I would focus more on why your wife is always scrolling through FarmersOnly.com.

This is what's wrong with our Air Force and country. Self interest rules supreme! Instead of taking two seconds to talk to the old guy, who by the way probably served himself and is in part a reason for why you are free today, you choose to insert more sand in your Vag and grind it around till the point you need a Costco sized tub of vagisil. You're a douche.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network Forums

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, hatedont said:

If an elderly person sees you on your phone talking to someone, last time I checked its rude for them or anyone else to interrupt you unless its an emergency. Pretty sure I stated I was on the phone trying to coordinate for my own medical needs. Hell, I could have been talking to your wife and he didn't need to hear the things we talk about. Unless you are going to coordinate for the movement of my records for treatment, I don't see the point in your post at all. 

Flight medicine issued a referral off base. Why the hell didn't they have me sign a medical release form the same day? After trying to setup my appointment a week later, the off base doctor needed my records and the release form. You try talking to anyone after all that BS on multiple phone conversations. I'm embarrassed by our medical in comparison to my old lady's. 

My old lady saw me wait 2 hrs for a post operation prescription on base.  I guess it never registered to the pharmacy tech I was post op after saying it 5 damn times with a huge bandage on my neck. I had to go off base to have my prescription filled after waiting 2 hours.

And you want to take a shot at me trying to coordinate for my medical? If I were you, I would focus more on why your wife is always scrolling through FarmersOnly.com.

"Sir, can you give me just a minute?  I have to talk to these medical folks about a prescription".

Or, just give a guy the cold shoulder, not only making him think YOU are an asshole, but giving him a poor impression of the service overall.  Way to get involved with the community.

Guest LumberjackAxe
6 hours ago, hatedont said:

If I were you, I would focus more on why your wife is always scrolling through FarmersOnly.com.

Brutal. Get him again.

Guest LumberjackAxe
6 hours ago, hatedont said:

We're not danging you for your medical sob story, we're criticizing you for being rude to an old man who, from the sound of it, just wanted to thank you for your service, or maybe talk about what you do because he once served too. 

Now the old man probably thinks the rest of us young ins are a bunch of selfish pricks thanks to you. When you're in uniform, you represent more than just yourself, whether you want to or not--other people aren't as enlightened as you, hatedont.

Its always smart to tell people you at least appreciate them thanking you for your service. Couldn't you spare a few seconds for your elder to say that?

Kind of a dick move, dude. I'd say your actions represent what's wrong with America in general, more than what wrong with the Air Force.

So, here's how this works dude. First you listen. Then you ask questions. Then, a couple years down the road you contribute. (Then, much later, you bitch.)

Go back to step 1.

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Jaded said:

So, here's how this works dude. First you listen. Then you ask questions. Then, a couple years down the road you contribute. (Then, much later, you bitch.)

Go back to step 1.

Wilco

43 minutes ago, PilotCandidate said:

Wilco

I don't think he was talking to you. You haven't been the one running his man-pleaser in all of the relevant threads as of late.  

Edited by FUSEPLUG
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, FUSEPLUG said:

I don't think he was talking to you. You haven't been the one running his man-pleaser in all of the relevant threads as of late.  

I wasn't sure who it was directed at but I figured it was quality advice for a newbie regardless

• Upvote 11

OPR yes.  Fitness test, not sure.  Depending on your SR he/she may withhold your retirement medal if you are not current on PT test.

Went to write a retirement medal for a guy. The CC told me not to waste my time since the Wg/CC would never approve it for the guy who failed his final PT test.

I know another guy who failed a test once because he was dumb (follow up test a few days later >90). The Wg/CC wanted to deny his MSM for "not meeting standards during the period of the medal." Thankfully the Sq/CC won.

Our focus is so ed.

On 6/1/2017 at 7:14 PM, PilotCandidate said:

I wasn't sure who it was directed at but I figured it was quality advice for a newbie regardless

The fact that you were willing to think the advice may have been relevant to you guarantees that it probably wasn't directed at you. It's a contradiction.

That is the toughest part of an"unrecognized loss of SA"

• Upvote 3

Great exchange, thanks for posting. 

Side note: as much as I vehemently disagree with Sen. Cotton on a variety of issues, it's really good to see veterans like him in Congress. They tend to retain more of the"making shit happen" attitude that's common in parts of the military and demonstrate a higher level of reasonableness than many of the more traditional politicians. We desperately need more veterans of all political persuasions in the halls of Congress.

Edited by nsplayr
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

F'n A Cotton

Very nice!

Two notes

1.around 40 seconds mark, SC saying I can triple the bonus and hardly make a mark on takers.

Dear fellow avaitors meeting Civilian leaders in the future,

Thank you for representing US at this important meeting. Please stop telling these heads that we do not care about the bonus or other financial allowances. I get it is not JUST about the money, but who in 11F will not consider taking a $105K per year for 2 years? You are downplaying what you bring to the table and leaving out a (IMHO) key part of the equation to correct course. Thank you and please continue to talk up all the other stuff too (365s, cbts, addl duty, etc). 

P.S. can you also ask when they are going to raise OUR flight pay? My $650/mth should be north $1K.

V/r

(11F used for e.g. only since they have the highest bonus figures)

2. Around the 3 minutes 10 second mark Fingers comments on we need to keep the dream alive for folks to have the possibility to make it higher into those "leadership" positions.

honest question, do you read that as Fingers believing that most pilots can make it up the chain higher than a tactical track that tops out at O5?

I have yet to be in a community that did not pick their winners (leaders) early. So either stop that practice or create a tactical track that aligns with reality at a point when it is clear you will not be going higher (maybe O4 time frame).

Edited by Guest

If they were really to attempt a "tactical track" for those not interested in leadership, I wonder if it would be possible to do some kind of "reverse brevetting." Pay and benefits of a higher rank, but wear the lower one.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, sforron said:

If they were really to attempt a "tactical track" for those not interested in leadership, I wonder if it would be possible to do some kind of "reverse brevetting." Pay and benefits of a higher rank, but wear the lower one.

Hah, I am sure DFAS could handle that.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, FourFans130 said:

F'n A Cotton

1:30 to 3:00

One of these people speaking get it, the other does not.

Goldfein's stance of "I know what's good for you" is absolutely infuriating.  As a senior major and having been a (real) flight CC in charge of 60 people, I can absolutely say I never want to lead a group again.  It was good, I enjoyed it, learned a lot from the E2-E8s under me, and respect the career field i led greatly, but all I want to do is what I said I wanted 13 years ago when I signed up, to be a damned pilot.  F you dude.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, MDDieselPilot said:

...but all I want to do is what I said I wanted 13 years ago when I signed up, to be a damned pilot.  F you dude.

Well... 

that'll just about cover the fly-bys...

Edited by HuggyU2
  • Upvote 7