Best Grill

fastnumber15

The Charbroil finally rusted itself useless and with the new Infrared grills out there, anybody have advice on a good grill. Been sticking to gas because of convenience but thinking about trying out wood/charcoal or the infrared.

This is my new grill. Not infrared but that's ok. It's a Huntington Patriot. Relatively new and not many reviews on the interwebs. I went full retard and spent the $1000 because I grill 3 times a week and wanted a quality product. For a grand, you get a 6 burner grill (4 on the left side, 2 on the right), the side burner for your pot o' beans, and a rotisserie burner that runs horizontally across the back of the left side (4 burner section). The lids are quite heavy, and feel VERY sturdy. There are lights on the top, so you can see your meat in the dark (STS). The propane tank sits on a sliding tray, for ease of replacement when the tank runs dry. I've had this grill for a month, and have thus far been very pleased with the product. Made in the USA.

Edit: How does it actually GRILL FOOD, you ask? I haven't had a bad experience yet. Steaks, burgers, pork chops, chicken, kebobs...all turned out fantastic.

http://www.huntingtonbbq.com/patriot.html

post-8648-0-68217100-1313609891_thumb.jp

Edited by LL Windshear

Something from the Weber Genesis series. I've had mine since 2004 and used it hundreds of times. I replaced the steel grates with cast iron ones about two years ago. The thing is an extremely well engineered beast and makes great food. No complaints.

My grill you can pick up at Lowes. It's a gas and a charcoal grill. I don't have any complaints, other than the retarded movers strapping my grill on the back of the truck and moving it from P'cola to Vance like that. Now it stands with a slant to the left and the grill won't shut...but when it's not broken, it's awesome!

Char Griller duo 5050. It runs for $299 but you get the mil discount...so not too shabby!

BL

I got a lowe's master forge brand. Cooks well, but not nearly as heavily constructed as my circa 2000 kenmore. It's cheap Chinese stainless (magnet sticks to it) but it looks pretty and has the bells and whistles (rotis. Burner, sear burner, gas Bottle on a sliding tray, lights, bottle opener). I'm not expecting a lot for durability/mover resistance for $600.... But we'll see.

I got this infared last year. Have a small patio so needed something that wasn't so damn huge and this fit the bill.

The infared has been surprisingly awesome, cooks a mean steak. I like it a lot and a buddy of mine just got the bigger version and has enjoyed it as well.

This thread is delicious. It inspired me to fire up the Weber and grill two 18oz 1.5" thick boneless choice Black Angus ribeyes.

Also, I can recommend the WeberQ 320 without reservation. I purchased it as a gift for a family member a few years back and have cooked on it a few times. It's lasted for a few years, and gets really hot. Even though you lose some flexibility of the giant genesis for indirect cooking, I think it may sear even better than mine. It also costs quite a bit less.

The little Weber Q type grills are actually really good for what they are, easy to clean and make some damn good burgers. That said, I'm really interested in what guys with the infrared type setups have to say. I need to get a real grill, and the interwebs seem to be all abuzz.

My grill you can pick up at Lowes. It's a gas and a charcoal grill. I don't have any complaints, other than the retarded movers strapping my grill on the back of the truck and moving it from P'cola to Vance like that. Now it stands with a slant to the left and the grill won't shut...but when it's not broken, it's awesome!

Char Griller duo 5050. It runs for $299 but you get the mil discount...so not too shabby!

BL

Yes! I have the same one. It goes on sale pretty often for $200 which is a good deal. The two sides seems ridiculous at first but it's actually pretty handy. Usually what I do is get some charcoal going on the right side, and at the same time throw a pot of beer and brats on the side burner. Then cook the brats on the charcoal side, and whatever else we're having on the propane side. THEN once the brats are done I can use one of the propane burners on low to keep them warm. Works great! :beer:

51YUW5dKh4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by spaceman

I got this infared last year. Have a small patio so needed something that wasn't so damn huge and this fit the bill.

The infared has been surprisingly awesome, cooks a mean steak. I like it a lot and a buddy of mine just got the bigger version and has enjoyed it as well.

2 on this awesome grill. Not the same sturdy construction of a $1000 weber but makes grilling almost fool proof.

Got this one at Academy a few months ago. They had one with a few dents on it from shipping and I got it for $150 out the door. Very happy with it. It's nice to have the gas side for when I want to cook up something quick like a steak for breakfast, and still have the charcoal side for when it's time to take pride in a meal.