The Yeager Thread

flynhigh

All they need to do is sell a few of the $10,000 bronze statues of himself and they're back in business.

http://rightstuffstore.com/showitem.php?item_id=67

Wow. From the website...

"Description:

Full body - 12-13" tall of General Chuck Yeager in his flight suit, created by the world-renoun artist, Artist in - Residence at the White House under President Reagan, Doug Van Howd. Proceeds go to the General Chuck Yeager Foundation. Limited edition. General Yeager's signature is on the base of the sculpture."

I wasn't an English major, but that's embarrassing. "World-renoun"? 12-13" tall? I guess you might get a 12 inch or a 13 inch model (sts) depending on when you order. You pay $10,200 for the sculpture, but they still charge $200 for shipping. For a 12-13" statue? They must pack it in gold leaf. Or maybe he signs the shipping box. The Chuck Yeager foundation has a prodigy.net email address. I didn't even know Prodigy still existed. I wonder if you need a 2400baud modem to connect. I tried to click on the link to the Chuck Yeager foundation site and get nothing but an internal service error message.

OK, maybe the guy is a jerk, but he's still a national icon. Maybe someone should start a fund to Save Yeager from whomever is in the process of turning him into a Mexican souvenir stand laughingstock.

OK, maybe the guy is a jerk, but he's still a national icon. Maybe someone should start a fund to Save Yeager from whomever is in the process of turning him into a Mexican souvenir stand laughingstock.

Sorry, but from people that I've talked with who knew him "way back when", he's always been a prick. This money grubbing, and wife aren't the culprits. National icon, yes, good dude, no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Sorry, but from people that I've talked with who knew him "way back when", he's always been a prick. This money grubbing, and wife aren't the culprits. National icon, yes, good dude, no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This. A guy can be a national icon without being an ate up profiteering dick, reference Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin.

• Upvote 1

The website is crap. It's all just crap. There are typos all over the place. Can anyone tell me what the hell a "utem" is?

Full body - 12-13" tall of General Chuck Yeager in his flight suit, created by the world-renoun artist, Artist in - Residence at the White House under President Reagan, Doug Van Howd.

I've had to literally read that 8 or 9 times to conjure up some vague idea of what that sorry excuse of a sentence was describing.

By the way, his wife looks like a dude with a bad mullet... not that there has ever been a good one besides the one my boy, Joe, sports.

JoeDirt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I came across this little gem while doing some research for one of my masters papers on the Air Force crimes website. http://blogs.militar...to-white-house/ . Some of the comments are interesting to read.

The petition needs 100,000 signatures by Sept. 17 to get a response. As of Wednesday, it only had 78 signatures.

Very telling...

Very telling...

I read the article, don't agree, did some fancy flying and all but I've had the same experience with him that seems to prevail in this thread. Not worth all of the hoopla and fanfare that will go into pinning another star on him, it serves no purpose. Besides, rank is not given as a reward for past performance but rather as an acknowledgement of future potential. I dare say, he's tapped out.

• 5 months later...

I don't care who you are, do NOT fuck with a HOA.

Chuck Yeager sued by California homeowners group

SACRAMENTO, Calif. —Chuck Yeager, the first person to fly faster than the speed of sound, is facing a very different type of challenge - this one in a California courtroom.

A homeowners association is suing the retired Air Force brigadier general and his wife, saying they owe about $28,000 in fees on two units they own in a town house complex in Sacramento.

The Sacramento Bee reports that the 90-year-old Yeager was in court Tuesday for the case, which has gone to trial.

The Yeagers' attorney, Michael Thomas, says their properties were never annexed to the association, Park River Oak Estates.

Yeager told the Bee he has seen more interesting cases, such as the time he presided over the court-martial of a colonel who was charged with strafing a Soviet ship.

Yeager told the Bee he has seen more interesting cases, such as the time he presided over the court-martial of a colonel who was charged with strafing a Soviet ship.

Jack Broughton did not strafe the ship. He just stood up for his subordinates and destroyed the gun camera footage of the aircraft that did.

• 1 month later...

9 Incredible Achievements Of The 91-Year-Old Retired Air Force General Who Broke The Sound Barrier

screen%20shot%202014-03-20%20at%203.17.0

Lol @ the option "take this up with congress and change the law"...this dude has a serious hard on for the old guy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, the lack of a "shut the fuck up and live with it like the rest of us" option negates any reason to vote in this "poll"...

• Upvote 1