Viper incident at Oshkosh.

nunya

Dr. Rich Sugden's North American FJ-4B Fury went off the same runway and is apparently now sitting next to the 16. Reportedly little or no damage on the second one.

4459347690_e1ebf11c44.jpg

Bad juju, time to try another runway.

(Edit - add photo)

Edited by MKopack

The lack of deployed speedbrakes is kind of strange. Not trying to speculate. But that was one of the first things that caught my eye.

I thought the same thing. None in the aerobrake, none on the rollout, wonder if he had them out after the perch?

Edited by TAMInated

I thought the same thing. None in the aerobrake, none on the rollout, wonder if he had them out after the perch?

From talking with a friend (non-mil type) that saw it happen, it sounds as if he was chased through the landing...might be more to the story. Who knows what happened, i'm sure we'll be able to read all about it in our safety shops. Glad to hear the pilot is OK.

From talking with a friend (non-mil type) that saw it happen, it sounds as if he was chased through the landing...might be more to the story.

That makes sense.

Who knows what happened, i'm sure we'll be able to read all about it in our safety shops.

Not in my safety shop. Drone safety reports

Glad to hear the pilot is OK.

Same. Edited by TAMInated

From talking with a friend (non-mil type) that saw it happen, it sounds as if he was chased through the landing...might be more to the story. Who knows what happened, i'm sure we'll be able to read all about it in our safety shops. Glad to hear the pilot is OK.

"2" on the pilot. It seems there is more to the story based on the fact the pilot had yet to egress and the fire trucks was already there. It has been a few years since I was at Oshkosh, so they may have trucks standing by due to the number of mishaps they seem to have.

Looks to me like it may have been a formation landing judging by the other viper in the background.

That was really inconsiderate of the Viper guy to not tell the FJ-4B, who may have flying a trail recovery judging by the fact that he landed after the Viper, to go around.

Am hearing from a non-mil friend as well that there likely was a 'contributing cause'. He was able to detail it from "rumors" heard after the fact at the show (not that that's anything to go by) but has at least one photo that seems to corroborate.

Glad to see photos of the pilot stepping out of the cockpit safely.