Home of The Fighter Pilot

My money's on: non-fighter pilots were offended.

Or even non-pilots...like navs or services folks or something.

As a bomber nav I am OFFENDED.... that somebody took down the sign. Nellis has ALWAYS been home of the fighter pilot. Fuck sensitivity. Let the people who need a hug have their own base and label it "Home of the whiners." Make it an AETC base, or maybe the Academy.

Edited by SuperWSO
  • Upvote 7

I had a DO once, graduate if WIC that told me 6 years ago this would happen. He said, "One day it will say home of the pilot, and a few years later, just home.". By god, what is the AF doing. ANG = Home of the fighter pilot.

As a bomber nav I am OFFENDED.... that somebody took down the sign. Nellis has ALWAYS been home of the fighter pilot. ###### sensitivity. Let the people who need a hug have their own base and label it "Home of the whiners." Make it an AETC base, or maybe the Academy.

Actually, the Academy fell victim to a similar fate when the "Bring Me Men Ramp" suffered a name change due to knee-jerk reactions associated with a scandal.

Edited by Muscle2002
  • Upvote 1

Actually, the Academy fell victim to a similar fate when the "Bring Me Men Ramp" suffered a name change due to knee-jerk reactions associated with a scandal.

Bring me people that might wan't to fly (or control) and possibly injure people from other countries as long as it doesn't hurt feelings of said country.

Thats a lot to say at the Nellis gate.

UFB.

My money's on: non-fighter pilots were offended.

No way. All pilots appreciate heritage (well, I'd like to think we all do) and that was a piece of it. So is the way of the Air Force...

Not knowing much about said ramp, I googled it. The first return was the Zoo's Wikipedia page.

The ‘‘Core Values Ramp’‘ (formerly known as the ‘’Bring Me Men Ramp’’) leads down from the main Terrazzo level toward the parade field.

:vomit:

What did someone say about the AF just being a DMV with guns?

It's partially leadership's fault for encouraging the idea that chow hall cooks, lav servicers, navs, and finance clerks are all warriors and equally important. It's really getting out of hand.

Wow...putting fellow aviators in with these guys huh? Ballsy. As a Nav, I could give two shits what the sign says...I don't need a "home" to stroke my ego. I do however appreciate the heritage aspect of it and this is just another example of true heritage and tradition on the decline while being PC and making everybody feel happy is on the rise. This is only rumor (which I do need to explain to some people that means "not fact") but a little birdie "in the know" told me that the current (soon to be former) ACC Commander spearheaded that change.

Edited by b52gator

Perhaps Eielson will be the new fighter pilot home? Nah, that might offend the f@cking eskimos! If Nellis isn't home of the fighter pilot, then Creech isn't home of the UAV! Seriously, WTFO?!?! Who are these guys making these decisions, attempting to take away heritage and what rightfully belongs to fighter pilots!

This juts reminds me of my last squadron. When I showed up as an FNG, there were no more songs allowed because someone got offended and reported the whole damn squadron to MEO. Apparenty, he thought it was totally unprofessional. Oh, by the way... said person is on the leadership track and I bet he will pull more of the same shenanigans in the future. He must have missed the memo that people in bars smoke, cuss, drink, talk about women, sing songs, etc... Anyway, from that point on all songs were banned forever more and no one with enough rank had the sack to revive the tradition. I was actually looking forward to learning nasty, vulgur, funny, and ridiculous songs as part of the LPA. Instead I had to wait until the next assignment. Hey at least I can sing them at my current squadron, so f*ck the yellow belly who was offended. Someone in leadership please help! We are drowning in the kool-aid vomit of O-6s and above! Rant switch off while I sleep. It will auto activate when I wake up.

Edited by g2s

There ARE warriors in the Air Force beyond fighter pilots, but when you take that fighter pilot out of the Air Force, we lose a great deal of what made the USAF the dominating force it has always been.

Know your role, where you fit in the mission, and accomplish that role with pride, no matter what it is. I believe that everyone has a mission to play, and many, but not all, of them are important. I never was a fighter pilot, but I knew my role, and I never strapped a "Cyber Warrior", a "Finance Warrior", or a "Chow Hall Warrior" into a bombed up jet and set them off on a combat mission hoping - but never positive - that they were coming back at the end of the day.

This former "Speedhandle Warrior" is offended by this, and what would Frank Luke, Hub Zemke, Gabby Gabreski, or Robin Olds think today...?

Perhaps I should have posted the note about Robin Olds birthday, 14 July, here instead (he would have been 89). Shows just how much we need him today.

post-1551-0-98486400-1310707588_thumb.jp

• Upvote 2

Or even non-pilots...like navs or services folks or something.

Dude...NEVER fucking lump me in with a shoe like that again. Nellis is the home of the fighter pilot. Just like my Bone brethren, what pisses me off is the PC run amock. When does this madness stop?

... someone got offended and reported the whole damn squadron to MEO. Apparenty, he thought it was totally unprofessional.

It's an internet forum... try using a name rather than a vague "someone". A lot of others could use the SA.

ANG = Home of the fighter pilot.

Maybe so. But any truth to the rumor that many ANG fighter units have lost their bar?

Edited by Huggyu2

It's an internet forum... try using a name rather than a vague "someone". A lot of others could use the SA.

Maybe so. But any truth to the rumor that many ANG fighter units have lost their bar?

I have seen some funny rules across the states in ANG bars, that is true. I've also seen some epics ones.

As a bomber nav I am OFFENDED.... that somebody took down the sign. Nellis has ALWAYS been home of the fighter pilot. ###### sensitivity. Let the people who need a hug have their own base and label it "Home of the whiners." Make it an AETC base, or maybe the Academy.

A big "2" on that..

Dude...NEVER fucking lump me in with a shoe like that again.

Fucking navs.

They haven't been worth a shit since the Mather O'Club went away.

Yes it is quite true.

matmacwc is also correct, there are still some good ones...to include some out of control rocking NCO clubs/bars.

Like everything else, it all depends on the leadership.