Last Beer You Drank and Rate It

Masshole

Anyone have any decent recommendations for good beer places around Okinawa? The Okinawa Brewing Company is pretty good, but has a semi limited selection. The shoppette's here SUCK. Anywhere else in the Pacific but here has a nice selection of IPAs, but every shoppette on this island has absolute garbage beer.

There's a legit pub called Beerrize in the Chatan area. Lots of localish brews and also hoegaarden on draft.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Japan,+%E3%80%92904-0113+Okinawa-ken,+Nakagami-gun,+Chatan-ch%C5%8D,+Miyagi,+1%E2%88%92464+%EF%BC%A2%EF%BD%85%EF%BD%85%EF%BD%92%EF%BC%B2%EF%BD%89%EF%BD%9A%EF%BD%85/@26.3270458,127.7471643,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x34e5130a857c2251:0xa65f05083586b4a7

Anyone have any decent recommendations for good beer places around Okinawa? The Okinawa Brewing Company is pretty good, but has a semi limited selection. The shoppette's here SUCK. Anywhere else in the Pacific but here has a nice selection of IPAs, but every shoppette on this island has absolute garbage beer.

If it's like Yokota (and from my experience stopping through I think it is), the shoppette will get a small amount of something interesting pretty regularly, but it won't be around for long. You just have to keep checking every week or so.

For a craft brew bar, this place in Naha came recommended, but I haven't been there personally:

Baku 21 on Tap

〒900-0015 Okinawa Prefecture, Naha, Kumoji, 3 Chome−9−21, UD Kumoji Bldg 2F (enter this into Google Maps to see the location, near Kenchomae station)
If you take a taxi, give this to the driver:

〒900-0015 沖縄県那覇市
久茂地3丁目9−21
UD久茂地ビル2F
Edited by Who?

• 5 years later...

America makes the best beer in the world.  You can find any style just about anywhere.  Some of my current favorites.

For those of you in the WI area, check out O'so Brewing.  Stuff sold in stores state-wide, tasting rooms in Madison and at the brewery in Plover, and for the FIBS, Woodmans in Kenosha of I-94 is your place to stop/beer shop.

Convenient_Distraction_Back.png                Beer_Comp_Back.png

O'so "Beer" is an OUTSTANDING lager.  Don't let the generic can fool you (its actually a cheeky joke).  The Convenient Distraction has been wonderful in these times.  And when it's made, Lupulin Maximus is a great West Coast IIPA.  Listen to the owner himself, Marc.  BTW, they used to put a hop cone in the bottle, but the lawyers said it was a choking hazard.  Who reads label warnings?

image.jpeg.6f7fb7f9fb05b23524a4b7db4cd0cec0.jpeg

For those in the Little Rock area, we have Lost Forty, recently awarded the Best Mid-sized US Brewery at the 2020 Great American Beer Festival.

My Daily Drinker                                            A very smooth, 9% well hidden, Porter.  This stuff is addictive!

image.png.366c85d291908a45532ef73089066798.png             image.png.8dd90ab96f3b94c85fa7aff344e5cd30.png

Recently had this Essence Ale Rosemary IPA in PHX.  I was intrigued by the mixture of two resinous plants, hops and rosemary.  It was a treat to try, and the brewery is an all-woman venture.  It would have gone great with Thanksgiving, but it was only on tap so I couldn't bring any home.

Essence Ale Rosemary - Greenwood Brewing - Untappd

Thread Resurrection Complete

Edited by disgruntledemployee
pic fixin

Just had a few of these Jai Alai IPAs and, damn, they’re awesome with a 7.5% ABV punch. I’m trying to mend my ways of being a multitudinous cheap Lights quantity over fewer quality beers kinda dude, so getting into better beers has been some work. But, these babies are tasty and available at the Class 6. 

Then again, since this thread was started (or even back to 2015), the beer world has drastically changed and it’s tough to get into too many shitty beers these days. 

13 hours ago, FDNYOldGuy said:

Just had a few of these Jai Alai IPAs and, damn, they’re awesome with a 7.5% ABV punch. I’m trying to mend my ways of being a multitudinous cheap Lights quantity over fewer quality beers kinda dude, so getting into better beers has been some work. But, these babies are tasty and available at the Class 6. 

I'll second Jai Alai from Cigar City Brewing.  Still can't beat Bell's Two Hearted, but definitely in my top 5.  

1 hour ago, FUSEPLUG said:

I'll second Jai Alai from Cigar City Brewing.  Still can't beat Bell's Two Hearted, but definitely in my top 5.  

I’ll add a third to that one as well. I really like their Tropical IPA as well.  

Yesterday I enjoyed a Victory Golden Monkey. Damn good Belgian style tripel, 9.5% ABV 

I'm not a fan of really hoppy/bitter beers personally. But if you want something with some kick, the Tank 7 from Boulevard Brewing is really good. 8.5% alcohol, Belgian style saison which admittedly some people hate. It's a KC brewing company but I can find it at my grocery store in NY from time to time so has pretty wide distribution. 

Saison / Farmhouse Ale Made in Kansas City

https://www.boulevard.com/beerinfo/tank-7-farmhouse-ale/