Non Continuation for passed over Majs

pilot-99999

Retire/Rehire is completely valid...I personally know two folks who are doing it right meow and my current squadron is processing two apps as we speak for guys who just retires from AD, one of them via the TERA as a passed over Major.

Cap-10

Retire/Rehire is completely valid...I personally know two folks who are doing it right meow and my current squadron is processing two apps as we speak for guys who just retires from AD, one of them via the TERA as a passed over Major.

Cap-10

FTS

Not sure where this 84% keeps coming from. I'm hearing 72% across the AF...up from 67% last year.

Check out post #1812 in "promotion and PRF information"...someone saw an email stating 84%...where did you hear 72%?

Cap-10

How long is this process taking these days...ie retired active duty to reserve last I heard was at least a year to process.

Check out post #1812 in "promotion and PRF information"...someone saw an email stating 84%...where did you hear 72%?

84% was the promotion opportunity for the board. What I don't know is if it is combination of BPZ, IPZ, and APZ though as I never saw said email. Edited by Fifty-six & Two

Seeing as how the 01' year group in particular was decimated over the last umpty years by every form of force-shaping initiative out there, the stats and results should be interesting to say the least.

Chuck

84% was the promotion opportunity for the board. What I don't know is if it is combination of BPZ, IPZ, and APZ though as I never saw said email.

Usually opportunity accounts for bpz so really for the '01 group it'll be about 75% actually promoted if historical stats hold true. 99% for DPs, 45%ish for P's. We'll see in 6.9 days.

How long is this process taking these days...ie retired active duty to reserve last I heard was at least a year to process.

Unknown right now...the last one I know off back in the 2012 timeframe took almost 2 years, but I am told that was the first one in a long time for the group so lots of learning points during that one.

The current apps have only been running the wickets a few months, so we will have a better hack on time when these ones are approved/disapproved.

Cap-10

Know two guys that got early notification. One has to be out by Dec 1, and they continued the other guy 5 years, just before he would get sanctuary...

ETA: one Intel, and one space guy.

Edited by slackline

Know two guys that got early notification. One has to be out by Dec 1, and they continued the other guy 5 years, just before he would get sanctuary...

ETA: one Intel, and one space guy.

I don't understand the logic.. last year people get TERA when the AF is trying to cut left and right... this year cuts are not needed and they don't offer TERA. Why offer TERA last year and not this year? What are the critical skills this year?

Edited by Chicken
  • Upvote 1

No, twice passed over IPZ for O-5, meaning being a major is grounds for dismissal from the USAF according to the AFI. BTPZ does not count against twice passed over for next office. However, selective continuation will take you to 20 years of active service if offered, which is less than the high year tenure of an O-4, 24 years. If you are not selectively continued or choose not to accept, you're more than likely out on your keister at the beginning of the next FY. AD sanctuary is commonly confused for what it means in the ARC.

12M twice passed over guy. Was continued to 20; for me and my situation this was what I was hoping for. Other co-workers 11M were given TERA.

So what are the critical skills? I would think the CSOs are getting booted nowadays and pilots are kept...?