Boss, I quit...

We had some kind of deal where our work for Haiti counted for an inspection last year. Anyone else at HRT remember better than I do?

Same thing happened for the SOG out at RODN this year. Phase II was cancelled due to doing real world stuff in response to Japan's Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear Reactor troubles

2) Fun w/ inter-Service bashing. Even as a bashee, this is funny....

Don't think of the the AF as functioning as a military force - it's more like the DMV with some guns.

So true that this is my new sig block....

The ORI: Pack up your sh*t, get out of town, kill bad guys, go home. I remember right after Gulf War I Langley was gonna get hit with a fly-away ORI. The wing asked TAC to reconsider seeing how they just did it for real, and that should count for that year's ORI. I was at Nellis at the time so I don't know how that ever worked out for them.

Can any old guys weigh in on this?

On another note, they had Seemore get home from the Storm and go to Red Flag shortly thereafter. OK sucks to go TDY after being gone so long but hey, it's Vegas! Great idea until they ended up basing their jets out of indian Springs and living in the forking crappy 1950s era run down barracks.

So this really isn't anything new.

EDIT: For spelling.

I was at Shaw in 94 when Iraq did the double pump fake that began the never ending Southern Watch. We were coming up on a Phase I ORI when this thing started and the wing generated 2 F-16 and 1 A-10 squadron plus an additional 6 or 12 (can't remember the exact number) A-10s that came from McChord and were in flyable storage prior to going to Moody. The two F-16 Squadrons launched, the A-10's did not but 6 Hawgs were transferred to Pope to cover a shortage and those guys launched. We asked Langley to come down and watch but they said it wouldn't work for an eval. WTF??

I was at Shaw in 94...6 Hawgs were transferred to Pope...and those guys launched.

A team. :thumbsup:

Phase II was cancelled due to doing real world stuff in response to Japan's Earthquake/Tsunami/Nuclear Reactor troubles

Canx or postponed? Big difference. I've seen this message miscommunicated before and folks weren't too happy when they saw us come back onto the in the near future.

Guest AFsock

CX and/or completed. SOG/CC said that enough gradable events had been inspected prior.

Side note - at the same 3 hour CC Call where he announced the ORI results - a JAG got up, told us he would be ensuring 100% compliance with DADT repeal training, and proceeded to re-read the group the entire CBT, whether we'd already done it or not.

*Edit* for clarity

Edited by AFsock

JAG got up, told us he would be ensuring 100% compliance with DADT repeal training, and proceeded to re-read the group the entire CBT, whether we'd already done it or not.

This is a PERFECT example of wasting thousands of man-hours (6,000 ppl in attendance x 30 min = 3000 wasted minutes hours). Just have the Wing Commander tell the squadron commanders to have their people complete the CBT before they leave on Friday. Then check on Saturday (you CAN check that online through ADLS, sir). Anyone Sq/CC who doesn't have 100% compliance comes back into work with the offending person(s) on Saturday morning. I guarantee you will have 100% compliance with all personnel by Saturday instead of a colossal waste of time for thousands of people...

..welcome to the 21st century...

EDIT: Off by a mere factor of 60

Edited by BQZip01

Guest AFsock

Truth. I walked out after the JAG. No clue if anyone came back for the Tomodachi slideshow...

Best post I've seen in a long time. These sentiments aren't only in the fighter community, they are in every (actual) operational unit out there.

At SOS our commandant told everyone in the auditorium to stand up if they thought they'd be promoted to Major, naturally everyone stood up. He then told everyone to sit down, noone would be promoted to Major. Only records get promoted.

This is our service and the messsage at formal PME. How can I tell my young pilots to be in the vault, studying systems, tactics, OPLANS, etc. when getting their masters and fluffing their OPR are the only things that get noticed?

I love my actual job and the people I work with more than anything, and so does my wife. But the queep and the family drain is mounting. Suddenly the ANG and a 9-5 makes a lot more sense...

Edited by Crown
  • Upvote 5

At SOS our commandant told everyone in the auditorium to stand up if they thought they'd be promoted to Major, naturally everyone stood up. He then told everyone to sit down, noone would be promoted to Major. Only records get promoted.

Awful attention step and it shows how highly we think of our officers. Now I don't disagree that your record at the board is what is considered, not you personally, but I'm pretty sure that if I get a promotion, I get to wear the oak leaf and enjoy that pay raise, not some folder at AFPC.

Bureaucracy is ruining the AF. Its not the perception that the AF cant support the war that is killing our image with the sister services, its our hollow focus and PT gear with reflective belts.

This is our service and the messsage at formal PME. How can I tell my young pilots to be in the vault, studying systems, tactics, OPLANS, etc. when getting their masters and fluffing their OPR are the only things that get noticed?

I love my actual job and the people I work with more than anything, and so does my wife. But the queep and the family drain is mounting. Suddenly the ANG and a 9-5 makes a lot more sense...

I hope that one of you USAFE fighter pilots takes this post and forwards it to Boomer.

It's not brilliant, per se,... but I like it.

Edited by Huggyu2

Bureaucracy is ruining the AF. Its not the perception that the AF cant support the war that is killing our image with the sister services, its our hollow focus and PT gear with reflective belts.

You know we got the idea for mandatory PT gear and reflective belts from the Army, right?

While I agree there are elements of senior leadership whose focal plane is seriously fucked, you're nuts if you think the AF is the only service with a crushing bereacracy and an assload of queep.

You know we got the idea for mandatory PT gear and reflective belts from the Army, right?

While I agree there are elements of senior leadership whose focal plane is seriously ######ed, you're nuts if you think the AF is the only service with a crushing bereacracy and an assload of queep.

Actually you are nuts. Much less bureaucracy and queep in the rest of the military. Big Blue Air Force is a CANCER.

Actually, Spoo and Kuma,... you two are both nuts.

Supposedly the new U-2 CC at Al Dhafra convinced the Wing CC there to implement double reflective belts on his first day there...

and all of the interservice transfer guys in the unit supported this, based on their previous Dept of the Navy experience.

Things are just getting weirder everywhere...

Supposedly the new U-2 CC at Al Dhafra convinced the Wing CC there to implement double reflective belts on his first day there...

and all of the interservice transfer guys in the unit supported this, based on their previous Dept of the Navy experience.

Things are just getting weirder everywhere...

YJCMTSU!!