Credit Cards / Cash Back & Rewards Options

If you’re under 5/24 (5 new cards in the last two years, including being an authorized user) Chase has a lot of good options. Marriott, IHG, Hyatt, and United are all affiliated with Chase, and the Sapphire Reserve and Preferred are good options. Citi also seems to be waiving fees under the MLA, so the citi prestige and AA executive are good options. Barclays does not waive fees, but it’s worth churning their AA cards. Their Wyndham card is a decent value even with paying the annual fee. US bank offers waived fees, and the Radisson card is a good value, especially if you travel to Europe and the Middle East. BofA has a great card if you want to move your brokerage accounts to them. I think you can get something like 2.5% on all spending if your investments with them top 100k. Derpreport is a great website for MLA/SCRA related info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

try giving them your real name instead of your BODN moniker...might help them locate your account.

Some of the best advice I ever heard Dave Ramsey give: "I've never talked to any millionaires that got rich by racking up reward points using a credit card."

Here's what I do, I find a card with a great deal (like $400 or $500 for spending $3,000 in 3 months) and I use that card exclusively until I reach the target dollar amount. Once I reach the target do

17 hours ago, GoodSplash9 said:

2 x AMEX Platinum (120,000 point signup bonus = $1200 / $400 in Southwest gift cards each year / $200 Saks credit each year)

New Platinum user here, so gift cards for the selected airline fall under the 200$ credit? I'd heard sometimes they honor it sometimes they don't. Unless it's airline based which I could see, but I chose Delta. 

New Platinum user here, so gift cards for the selected airline fall under the 200$ credit? I'd heard sometimes they honor it sometimes they don't. Unless it's airline based which I could see, but I chose Delta. 

Delta you have to stay under $50, which sucks because you can only apply 2 or 3 gift cards when buying a ticket. Southwest is still good at $200. No other airlines are working anymore. I always check flyertalk before setting my airline to see what still works.

4 hours ago, ihtfp06 said:

Delta you have to stay under $50, which sucks because you can only apply 2 or 3 gift cards when buying a ticket. Southwest is still good at $200. No other airlines are working anymore. I always check flyertalk before setting my airline to see what still works.

How are you able to get the SW gift card? The website never works for me 😞

7 hours ago, elvis said:

So I'd read the latest updates from ThePointsGuy or other credit card bloggers. This forum has recent data points as well (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1300482-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-wn-fl-southwest-only-118.html).

I think Southwest is the only airline left that works. I can personally confirm in the last 2 weeks that I was able to buy a $200 E-Gift card from Southwest on my AMEX Platinum and a $250 gift card on my Hilton Aspire. To me using these to buy tickets is way more valuable than other incidentals.