Multi-generations that flew the T-38

Guest Sluf

If you know anyone who flew the T-38 and their GRANDFATHER flew the T-38, please drop me a msg. I'm looking for 2 or 3 generations of pilots in the aircraft.

Sluf

Send a PM to Huggy. He and Huggy are the only two consecutive generations I know of that have flown the 38....ZING!

Seriously though, PM him. He has more T-38 hours than any other active flyer - no bullshit.

BTW, nice signature block (sarcasm).

EDIT: Shit, I hate it when I have to edit.

Edited by Spoo

PM him. He has more T-38 hours than any other active flyer - no bullshit.

Is there something about having a lot of time in the T-38 that gives omniscient insight into knowing fathers/sons/grandsons who have all flown the T-38?

If so, at how many hours does one achieve that higher level of awareness?

Guest STOLSOONER!

I'm a third generatation USAF pilot but not all us flew T-38's...I was the one that did not but my grandfather did. He flew 43 different planes while in the Army Air corps and USAF...from the P-51 mustang thru the F-4.

My Dad and my uncle also flew T-38's

Anything for all of us flyign Tweets...all four of us shared that experience.

Oh by the way, if you have ever visited the Auger Inn...you can thank my grandfather for that...He opened that Bar back when he was the Group Commander and President of the Randolph Officers club back in the late 60's.

Boomer Sooner!

Small planes win wars!

Edited by STOLSOONER!

Man I was born in the wrong era...

Oh by the way, if you have ever visited the Auger Inn...you can thank my grandfather for that...He opened that Bar back when he was the Group Commander and President of the Randolph Officers club back in the late 60's.

Boomer Sooner!

Small planes win wars!

More importantly...I was born in the wrong era. I've heard great things about that bar!

Edited by SocialD

My grandpa was denied a 38 slot because of height, ended up in the KC-135 which he loved every minute of. When I talked to him he said it was the golden years where if you wanted to be a fighter pilot, you got to be a fighter pilot. No track select bullshit. Seems 6'5'' was too tall back then, maybe its still too tall now? I forget..

Dad did the T-37 and T-38, however I got the T-37 and T-44. However, my Grandfather, Father and I all did time at Vance. Three generations at one base, that might be a little rare.