More Uniform Changes!

Flare

I challenge folks to not be fucking pussies and put their money where their mouth is.

Sounds good. I'll quit now and take a 35% pay cut, 'cause I'm so racked with anger about the 36-2903 changes. I'll explain to my family that I'm not a pussy.

I propose a few solutions to this problem:........

Let us know how this works out.

Edited by Huggyu2
  • Upvote 2

The only way that this stupidity will stop is to vote with your feet. I challenge folks to not be fucking pussies and put their money where their mouth is. Leave in droves and shit WILL change, but not a moment sooner.

Unfortunately, you're wrong.

I find it hilarious that you guys still don't realize that you are getting stabbed in the back by your own community. About half of your "bros" that talk a good game right now are going to promote and then use their new found power to impose "shoe" rules on you. You guys keep referencing this aircrew versus the world situation...but in reality you are eating your own. In the CE world, our SNCOs always greet these new policies with a "I guess now they expect us to enforce this bullshit, too" attitude. I expect that is true in the MX world and about half of the support world.

The reality is that everybody in the Air Force works for a pilot. It is in your hands to change it. Stop bitching and do something about it. Please, for the rest of us that will never have any real power. If some pilot O-9 out there put his foot down on uniform regs, they would change. If some O-6 flyer said that the "Home of the Fighter Pilot" sign at Nellis will stay up, it will stay up. Trust me. I'll take all of the negative ratings as a reflection of how close to home this hits.

Edited by frog
  • Upvote 20

The reality is that everybody in the Air Force works for a pilot. It is in your hands to change it. Stop bitching and do something about it. Please, for the rest of us that will never have any real power. If some pilot O-9 out there put his foot down on uniform regs, they would change. If some O-6 flyer said that the "Home of the Fighter Pilot" sign at Nellis will stay up, it will stay up. Trust me. I'll take all of the negative ratings as a reflection of how close to home this hits.

Can I get an AMEN!?

I find it hilarious that you guys still don't realize that you are getting stabbed in the back by your own community. About half of your "bros" that talk a good game right now are going to promote and then use their new found power to impose "shoe" rules on you. You guys keep referencing this aircrew versus the world situation...but in reality you are eating your own. In the CE world, our SNCOs always greet these new policies with a "I guess now they expect us to enforce this bullshit, too" attitude. I expect that is true in the MX world and about half of the support world.

1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping.gif

Found these "gems" in the new 36-2903 "hot of the presses" today:

1. "Wear only desert sand (tan) undershirts (effective 1 November 2011, black or brown undershirts will no longer be authorized for wear with the FDU or DFDU). Effective immediately, wear of any other color undershirt and/or undershirts is prohibited when wearing the FDU/DFDU (wear of designated unit standardized undershirts with the FDU/DFDU is no longer authorized)."

I wonder which poor bastard is going to get "chiefed" first this coming Friday for wearing a unit t-shirt under their flight suit? God forbid we show any sort of unit pride or attempt to establish any semblance of tradition. This is just what the Air Force needed - giving ammunition to the shoes to stick it to aviators once more for being "different". Freaking crybabies.

Don't even think about wearing a "pen patch":

2. "8.3.6. Morale Patches. Not authorized. Morale patches include, but are not limited to aircraft, specialty, competition or recognition patches"

Was that in the "old" version? And FYI:

3. "The phase out date for the black combat boot with the BDU and FDU is 1 November 2011"

Thoughts? :darkcloud:

An email went out last night after I left the bldg so I came in wearing a morale tab, friday nametag, friday shirt, and friday morale patch like everyone else. At the step desk to fly today we all had to take them off so we all stepped with just the AETC patch and our class patch. :bash:

An email went out last night after I left the bldg so I came in wearing a morale tab, friday nametag, friday shirt, and friday morale patch like everyone else. At the step desk to fly today we all had to take them off so we all stepped with just the AETC patch and our class patch. :bash:

I went to work today with my Friday shirt, nametag, patches, and pencil patch and didn't get a word from anyone. I even strolled by my SQ/CC, DO, WG/CC, OG/CC, and OG/CV and they didn't bat an eye. I felt like such a rebel. I doubt I'll have the same results next Friday if I do the same thing. I found it interesting though that so many of my bros were already thinking of ways to counteract this and how a lot were saying that it is only a matter of time before it gets changed back because it is such a morale killer.

I showed up today in my red shirt expecting to get an earful and didn't hear a peep...as a matter of fact we never heard anything about the change all week.

Same. My SQ/CC was wearing his, along with most of the aircrew I saw.

Guest Ponis

Remember, when you make a decision, ask yourself "is this good for the company". And oh by the way, next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day, so you know, if you want, feel free to wear a Hawaiian shirt to work.

I can't believe they took away the shirts and patches. I suppose next they'll ban callsigns and squadron bars...

• Upvote 2

And oh by the way, next Friday is Hawaiian shirt day, so you know, if you want, feel free to wear a Hawaiian shirt to work.

nice Office Space reference...

I can't believe they took away the shirts and patches. I suppose next they'll ban callsigns and squadron bars...

My guess is leather jackets and wings are next.

We'll all then be awarded the Air Force Warrior duty badge and a one-size-fits-all sage green jacket of varying sleeve lengths...

I didn't notice it mentioned when I scanned the thread, but I saw that all Majors and up have to wear wheel caps with service dress and I believe blues as well? (not 100% on the blues part, but I thought I read that...)

I did notice that you can wear ABU boonie hat or patrol cap with the DFDU now. I knew a flying crew chief on my last deployment who was always taking shit from the local shoes about his ABU boonie hat.

Hummm...didn't know that. I've seen dudes wear that combo for 2 years in a high-risk-of-getting-chiefed environment downrange with no repercussions.

Wait for it. It's only a matter of time....

Post-defecation Rectal Hygiene (Wiping). Upon completion of bowel movement duties, Airmen will thoroughly clean the rectum and surrounding areas. Cleaning materials are limited to the Standardized Air Force Rectal Sanitation Paper (SAFRSP). The Joint Service Post-Defecation Cleaning Tissue (JSPDCT) may be used in lieu of the SAFRSP until 31 October 2011. Compliant SAFRSP or JSPDCT rolls must be white, single-ply, unscented, non-absorbent, and of sandpaper texture. Ultra-soft, multi-ply, and papers with Aloe Vera are not authorized. Moistened cloths, such as baby wipes, are strictly forbidden. Within the continental United States, authorized paper rolls will be stored on the centerline of the stall, slightly to the toilet’s right. When inside a combat theater, paper rolls may be stored in appropriate locations as determined by the installation commander. When utilizing the above outlined paper, Airmen will conduct a front to back “sweeping” motion to remove any associated debris. Airmen are limited to two (2) feet of paper (approximately 6 squares) per cycle.

Please stop giving the shoeclerks any more ideas...