More Uniform Changes!

Flare

• 1 month later...

Of course, now the Navy had to have a new uniform as well...

DSC00701.jpg

Pretty much a combination of ACUs, MARPAT and MULTICAMs...

Well thank goodness all the services now look completely distinctive and we've spent how many MILLION$ to make it happen? Meanwhile our service fleet of aircraft and ships (read: "our national security") are living off of investments made in the 60s, technology from the 70s, and with these maintenance-intensive machines we are cutting the workforce

Good priorities!

I received my captain rank with my multicam uniform but the its brown, like you would expect for a 2Lt or Major. Does anyone know if this is correct or should it be black? I searched but could not find an AF uniform policy for multicams anywhere.

I saw a dude the other day wearing that uniform and his capt rank was brown. So, guessing that is correct...based off my sample size of two anyways.

Airmen are so in love with the Army’s lightweight MultiCam-patterned combat uniform that they went bananas when they spotted the Air Force’s top enlisted leader wearing it.

They wanted to know why he’s so special.

No shit. Why would he show up in that uniform?

Douchmanlike Conduct Penalty - 15 yards and loss of down.

I received my captain rank with my multicam uniform but the its brown, like you would expect for a 2Lt or Major. Does anyone know if this is correct or should it be black? I searched but could not find an AF uniform policy for multicams anywhere.

You'll notice in the above pic of CMSAF Roy's multicam's that his rank and name strips are brown. I guess it's the new blue!

But what in the hell do second lieutenants and majors wear?

• 1 month later...

So apparently with the end of BDU's the AAFES online store is no longer carrying bdu/flight suit rank. The nearest real BX is over an hour from me. Does anyone know of an online retailer that carries flight suit rank?

Thanks.

~NH

You haven't gotten the new sage flight suits yet? They switched so they could save HUNDREDS of dollars by not having to make two colors of rank (along with the associated shelf space at clothing sales). Besides, they match the puke green boots so much better.

7662-Rothco-Foliage-Green-Flight-Coveralls_xl.jpg

Edited by HU&W

So apparently with the end of BDU's the AAFES online store is no longer carrying bdu/flight suit rank. The nearest real BX is over an hour from me. Does anyone know of an online retailer that carries flight suit rank?

http://www.mardonco.com/

Look under "Military Patches & Stripes." You have to call to make an order, so it's not completely online, but I've always had good results.

• 2 years later...

Can anyone tell me what color Captains rank is supposed to be on the multicam/OCP two piece flight suit? I'm finding both brown and black rank and zero guidance. Yes very queepy but if I can figure this out hopefully I can save myself and everyone else at my unit from future Chiefings.

Exhibit A:

P_36993376_2327801.JPG

Exhibit B:

$T2eC16V,!)cE9s4PtnFlBQvi3)MJP!~~60_35.J