AMS (Academy of Military Science) Questions

Guest lazy26

• 2 weeks later...

I graduated last month from 14-01. The instructors kept saying to expect AMS to go to 8 weeks soon, but it wasn't combining with BOT yet. I saw one of our curriculum instructors a couple weeks ago. According to him, starting with the January class it's extending to 7.5 weeks.

New dates are now 23 March - 14 May as opposed to 31 March - 9 May. Looks like they have increased the amount of time we are there but it is not BOT, still AMS.

I recently got my RIP's and my dates are 31mar14 to 09May14... class 14-04 It aslo still says those dates on the website...

Do you have orders that include travel?

I recently got my RIP's and my dates are 31mar14 to 09May14... class 14-04 It aslo still says those dates on the website...

Do you have orders that include travel?

I do not have those orders yet. I received two seperate emails from base training letting me know that my dates have been changed. Another new hire, who is heading to the same AMS class as me also got his dates changed. I will give you guys more information after this next drill, I'll see if I can get more information as to why, but from what I have heard they just simply increased the amount of training days for AMS.

I just got the same thing from my base training, 23 Mar to 14 May. See you there!

I do not have those orders yet. I received two seperate emails from base training letting me know that my dates have been changed. Another new hire, who is heading to the same AMS class as me also got his dates changed. I will give you guys more information after this next drill, I'll see if I can get more information as to why, but from what I have heard they just simply increased the amount of training days for AMS.

I called the number for "AMS questions" on the website and asked... I was told its still a rumor nothing is set in stone yet.

My luck, it will be 7.5 weeks...

I called the number for "AMS questions" on the website and asked... I was told its still a rumor nothing is set in stone yet.

My luck, it will be 7.5 weeks...

Not sure why they are telling you its a rumor when its came down the pipeline already. NGB sent an email to base training, saying that my dates have changed. That is set in stone to me. Now I suppose they could go back and switch it to the original dates but as of today I am leaving 24 March not 31 March

I am going to the 14-03 AMS class (12 Jan- 21 Feb). I had not heard any such news about AMS lengthening and my orders have not changed.

I am not privy to the happenings of the 14-04 AMS dates, but if the date expansion for 14-04 is true, you will be 1.5 weeks better trained officer than I (glass half-full) and have fun with that extra 1.5 weeks of suck (glass half-empty).

• 3 weeks later...

For all you guys' sakes, I hope not... Six was more than plenty.

I agree. Though the academics were so jam packed, stretching it out a little would have been more relaxed lol. But hey, 6 weeks of academic hell ain't bad!

Don't count on retaining much... Major brain dumps after each test lol

My packet was approved shortly after I was fc1 qualified ... I got AMS dates and UPT dates all at once, they even sent me orders with what airplane I'd be flying during phase 2. Two other guys from my unit got their dates within a few days after completing the fc1 though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they usually wait until you've finished the FC1, just to make sure you're going to be continuing in the process.

My wait was about 1.5-2 months after getting back from W-P...

At what point were you given your AMS class date?

Was it after your flying physical?

Did all of you go to Wright-Patt for your flying physical?

When were you given your flying training start date?

It's pretty situational. I got mine after FC1, but I got AMS and all MQ-9 TLNs at once. Others I've talked to, wait time varies.

From what I have seen and experienced, there are no standard answers for most of these questions.

they are making me wait until I am done with my FC-I to get my AMS date, but on the other hand the guy that was selected with me received his AMS date before his physical. I have no idea why.

All flight physicals are given at Wright-Patt these days.

Some people receive their UPT dates with their AMS date and some people get their UPT dates seperately. Again there is really no standard answer.

Hope that helps.