Another tradition down the drain

Guest Lockjaw25

Guest Lockjaw25

Was going through the news the other day and saw this. Not only no more lard for the monument climb, but the superintendent is thinking of dumping it altogether because of "unnecessary injury risk" and thinks that it will eventually "not be very interesting."

Eventually we'll all be filling out hurt feelings reports, and maybe allowed to have some cookies and milk (although that may be a choking hazard) after flying our most recent sortie on Microsoft Flight Simulator. I'm sick and tired of the war against traditions in the name of PC or "safety" issues. I suppose I'm not the only one out there though...it's just not the same AF (or military, for that matter) I had read about and heard stories told about prior to joining up, and it's just gone too far.

I have a buddy from HS that went to Annapolis, and I remember him talking about what a big deal this whole right of passage was. I'm with aero in that I don't really get the point of getting everyone lubed up, but I don't think they deserve to just have the rug pulled out from under their tradition.

Guest Lockjaw25

True...it is the Navy, after all...what did you expect? But yeah, anyways, the robbing of the tradition is just as :rainbow:

Some quotes from the article concerning the lubed up phallic symbol.

"They should grease it, though, make it a lot harder," Albi, of Eugene, Ore., said.

"It happened way too fast," Linda Albi said, noting she hardly had time to take pictures.