The Rise and Fall of Captain Holly Graf (USN)

M2

That "next senior officer" has been identified as being named "Destiny Savage" (AP News).

With that name if the whole Navy boat thing doesn't work out, she's still set for a career.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Edited by MKopack
  • Upvote 1

That "next senior officer" has been identified as being named "Destiny Savage" (AP News).

With that name if the whole Navy boat thing doesn't work out, she's still set for a career.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Her husband has taken to defending her from the internets. Hilarity ensues

4ezu5e8e.jpg

At least the Navy ran an investigation BEFORE firing the commander...can't say the same for Rat and the Blair Kaiser case. That f*ck stain will keep on ruling with an iron fist.

I'm not comparing the use of F-bombs, as I could give 2 shits less. I'm just comparing the Navy's leadership doing something about a problem as opposed to our limp dick AF "leaders" who keep kicking the can down the road until they put on a ing star.

"Command Master Chief Gabriel Keeton was also dismissed from his position..."

article-2719187-2059211800000578-499_634

article-2719187-20592B5A00000578-943_634

"...however the Master Chief's mustache was retained both for it's superb command presence and as an inspiration to the downtrodden men and women of the USS Cowpens."

Seriously why would you give your daughter a name like that? Is that her in the top photo? She is mini sized. I did once have a commander in Iraq who did not get picked up on a list he wanted. So he stayed in his hooch for two weeks. We would have been happy for him to stay in the rest of the deployment.

The report is in the public domain if you do a search for it. Some of it is redacted, but it paints a picture that really is embarrassing to the reputation of the military and the Navy in particular. Very sad. And, it does reinforce the point in my mind that people serving in the military are not "super-human". Perhaps the public wants to see us that way, and that we are above the vulnerabilities inherent in the human condition. Military people are held to a higher standard by society and our leaders. However, it seems that press takes great interest in the negative vs. the positive things that people in the military every day.

• Upvote 1

Words, words, words... However, it seems that press takes great interest in the negative vs. the positive things that people in the military every day.

Because in some ways the press still thinks its the Viet Nam era and all military members are just mindless robotic baby killers that can't think for themselves who are just one tick away from the next Mi Lay massacre or similar type event. And because, and we all know the truth is very different, the only reason we join the military to start with is because we all to stupid to do anything else.

"...however the Master Chief's mustache was retained both for it's superb command presence and as an inspiration to the downtrodden men and women of the USS Cowpens."

This one surprises me the most. Why did someone (likely an O-3/4) tell the MCPO to go engage the outside world vice doing it himself.

I just can't get past it, "Now....on stage...." I mean you could not come up with a better stage name. Maybe you could (could have just named the topic for a new thread there) but it is still one for the hall of fame.

• 6 years later...

As a former public affairs officer who worked with the USS Winston Churchill, I heard she grabbed the navigator(who was a UK officer) and said, "I'll cut off your balls if you ran us aground."

Nothing like remaining calm under stress!  Simply harassment by a poor leader...

• 3 weeks later...