Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

On 3/22/2021 at 7:00 PM, Terminator5 said:

Must be nice lol. Mine took from the time my recruiter said my MEPS packet was at the surgeon general to the time he said it was approved was just over 2 months. YMMV

It was refreshingly quick, but it doesn't matter since the entire process is so slow. For every quick 2 weeks, there's a 3~6 month wait for something else. 👎😑

Positive thinking though! 

On 3/30/2021 at 1:11 PM, JabroniWizard said:

Roger, appreciate it.

I tried to get you and I answers for this, but I'm empty handed. I've called everyone I can reasonably think of. My Officer Accessions Recruiter, the unit's recruiter, the finance unit, and the squadron's point-of-contact for me. From what I gathered, it's all up to the finance unit for travel payment/reimbursement. The Airman in charge of the finance unit seemed squared away, but the civilian employees who run it full-time, not so much. Unfortunately the only workers who know how to potentially process travel payment/reimbursement for me are the civilian employees. I called last week, spoke with a civilian employee, and was told it was being worked on. Called today and was told I'd be called right back after the civilian employee went into a neighboring office to get more information. Was never called back, and after an hour I called again. I was told by someone else that the civilian employee that was previously speaking with me is no where to be found, gone, vanished. Still no call from said employee. Went to my squadron's point-of-contact after that who was as helpful as he could be. I'm going to pay for all this out of my own pocket, keep receipts/track mileage, and hope I get reimbursed at some point. As a heads up for you, I was told if for some reason the lodging at Wright-Patterson AFB is full when you arrive, get an unavailability letter from the staff at lodging so you can get reimbursed by your unit for paying out of pocket for a hotel off-base.

Has anyone run into trouble trying to get their unit to pay for FC1 travel? The finance dept. at my unit says I have to complete OTS before I get travel benefits.
I hadn't even enlisted in my unit hey and they paid for my travel. They booked my flight and hotel. Only thing I had to be reimbursed for was per diem.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Baseops Network mobile app

On 3/30/2021 at 12:42 PM, JabroniWizard said:

Has anyone run into trouble trying to get their unit to pay for FC1 travel? The finance dept. at my unit says I have to complete OTS before I get travel benefits.

Something good happened. Nearly last minute for office workers, I got orders for the flight physical and the order document addresses travel reimbursement up to a certain amount of money, what is authorized for reimbursement, and how to get reimbursed (submit two forms) along with all receipts.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, yervis said:

Something good happened. Nearly last minute for office workers, I got orders for the flight physical and the order document addresses travel reimbursement up to a certain amount of money, what is authorized for reimbursement, and how to get reimbursed (submit two forms) along with all receipts.

That sounds like a good sign for me. Admin is currently fighting for reimbursement and I just recently got my Citi GTC Travel Card. Appears as though I should be fine.

• Like 1

Hello, my name is Evan Stahl. I am making an inquiry to see if anyone knows the director of operations or base commander at Seymour Johnson Air Force Base . I applied to the USMC PLC program (commissioning route for college students) and was not granted a guaranteed aviation contract. I am a rising junior in collage. I can reapply next quarter (June 1st), but the contract is still not guaranteed until I am accepted. I heard from my brother that reserve squadrons can offer pilot slots and decided to reach out. Thank you. 

• Downvote 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2021 at 7:00 PM, Terminator5 said:

Must be nice lol. Mine took from the time my recruiter said my MEPS packet was at the surgeon general to the time he said it was approved was just over 2 months. YMMV

SG waiver approved. Took 2 months exactly like @Terminator5 

Timeline Update: 

• selected: Aug 2020 @ Guard fighter unit
  • MEPS: Feb 2021
  • MEPS 2.0 (liked it so much I went twice): Mar 2021
  • SG Waiver Approval: May 2021
  • Cond. Enlistment: Soon, date still TBD
  • FC1: was told 1-2 months from today but date still TBD 
  • TFOT: ?
  • UPT: ?
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2021 at 12:34 PM, glockenspiel said:

SG waiver approved. Took 2 months exactly like @Terminator5 

Timeline Update: 

• selected: Aug 2020 @ Guard fighter unit
  • MEPS: Feb 2021
  • MEPS 2.0 (liked it so much I went twice): Mar 2021
  • SG Waiver Approval: May 2021
  • Cond. Enlistment: Soon, date still TBD
  • FC1: was told 1-2 months from today but date still TBD 

The real holdup right now is NGB approval

If you live close to your base, its in your best interest to enlist and start going to drill. It counts towards your time in service so any extra you can get will only benefit you. And it's usually a chill weekend getting paid. 

12 hours ago, glockenspiel said:

How long have you been waiting? And How long are you expecting to wait? 

I have been waiting just about 4 months was told to expect 6-8

Timeline: 

• selected: Nov 2020 @ Guard fighter unit
  • MEPS: Completed prior to hire Sep 2020
  • SG Approval: Jan 2021
  • Enlistment: After NGB approval
  • NGB Approval: Processing
  • FC1: ?
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 3:36 PM, ryleypav said:

Off the street hire at a Guard Tanker Unit.

March 2021 Update: inching closer. again....again

AFOQT/TBAS: July 2016

Board: November 2019

Hired:  November 2019

MEPS: Passed April 2020 amid the 'rona outbreak. 

Enlistment: June 2020.

FC1: September 29, 2020

FC1 Stamped Approved: November 2020

NGB approval: March 2021

OTS: ??? 

UPT: ???

FTU: ???

Off the street hire at a Guard Tanker Unit.

May 2021 Update: inching closer. again....again......almost there.

AFOQT/TBAS: July 2016

Board: November 2019

Hired:  November 2019

MEPS: Passed April 2020 amid the 'rona outbreak. 

Enlistment: June 2020.

FC1: September 29, 2020

FC1 Stamped Approved: November 2020

NGB approval: March 2021

OTS: August 2021

FTU: ???

• 4 weeks later...

How long does it take to get your final approval on your flight physical?

I did my FC1A back in early March and I am still waiting on approval before submitting everything to the NGB. I didn't need any waivers or anything so I figured it would be in and out pretty quickly.

is it pretty common to wait this long?

How long does it take to get your final approval on your flight physical?
I did my FC1A back in early March and I am still waiting on approval before submitting everything to the NGB. I didn't need any waivers or anything so I figured it would be in and out pretty quickly.
is it pretty common to wait this long?

It took only 2 weeks to get back to my unit. I figured afterwards out that medical at your home unit needs to sign off on your FC1 as well (YMMV). Took my med team to sign it off after about 3 more weeks due to technical issues. All in all just over a month for mine and that seemed long compared to others.

You should ask your recruiter if your unit received your paperwork from the FC1.

15 minutes ago, JabroniWizard said:

It took only 2 weeks to get back to my unit. I figured afterwards out that medical at your home unit needs to sign off on your FC1 as well (YMMV). Took my med team to sign it off after about 3 more weeks due to technical issues. All in all just over a month for mine and that seemed long compared to others.

You should ask your recruiter if your unit received your paperwork from the FC1.

I think my case is a little different. I did my FC1A, Not FC1. I actually did this physical at my home base so they have the paperwork. I am not 100% sure of the process but I think the physical gets sent somewhere externally and those flight docs make a final determination and send it back to my home base.

I think my case is a little different. I did my FC1A, Not FC1. I actually did this physical at my home base so they have the paperwork. I am not 100% sure of the process but I think the physical gets sent somewhere externally and those flight docs make a final determination and send it back to my home base.

That is a bit different and I haven’t come across anyone who’s done that yet. I’m sure that it’s just taking Wright Patt a little longer since you sent it in. If it turns out it’s not in by July, I would ask your recruiter to help get in touch with WP and check on its status. Since it’s an FC1A all they have to do is essentially look it over and sign you off, shouldn’t take this long. Hopeful for a speedy turnaround for you!
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hired: Jun 2019
FC1: Jan 2020 (rescheduled)
FC1: Jun 2020
FC1 Approved: Jul 2020
NGB Sent: Aug 2020
NGB Approved: Feb 2021

Finally an update!

TFOT: Aug 2021
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, tlaw99 said:

Finally an update!

TFOT: Aug 2021

See you at Maxwell!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mePilot said:

If during a rush I have one drink with the squadron would it look bad if I drove home an hour later?

Buddy this gets down to personal responsibility and something you should probably be figuring out for yourself and not asking an internet message board… 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2