I'm Guard:

June 2016- Interviewed & Hired

August 2016- Sworn In

September 2016- FC1

September 30, 2016- Package Approved by Guard Bureau

January 2017- TFOT/OTS/Whatever they decide to call it now

Exempt- IFS

???????- UPT

Got the Preliminary dates from my unit today.  Apparently my orders have been cut all the way through B-Course, but I'll know for sure later this week.

Edited by UncleFunyun

4 hours ago, UncleFunyun said:

I'm Guard:

August 2016- Sworn In

September 2016- FC1

Exempt- IFS

???????- UPT

Got the Preliminary dates from my unit today.  Apparently my orders have been cut all the way through B-Course, but I'll know for sure later this week.

See you at Maxwell!  What unit did you get picked up by?

On 10/1/2016 at 6:40 PM, UncleFunyun said:

I'm Guard:

August 2016- Sworn In

September 2016- FC1

Exempt- IFS

???????- UPT

When did they actually submit your Packet to the Guard Bureau? From what I understand my recruiter is getting my FC1 results then putting the packet together. I would really like to go to TFOT in January... but who knows.

7 hours ago, Ang135futurepilot said:

When did they actually submit your Packet to the Guard Bureau? From what I understand my recruiter is getting my FC1 results then putting the packet together. I would really like to go to TFOT in January... but who knows.

I wish I could tell you.  I finished the FC1 on Sept. 13, and I called my recruiter and the head of formal schooling that day. That's the best I can do. 

20 hours ago, UncleFunyun said:

I wish I could tell you.  I finished the FC1 on Sept. 13, and I called my recruiter and the head of formal schooling that day. That's the best I can do. 

Damn man, that's awesome. I finished my FC1 in August, and my recruiter still hasn't put it in. I think I am going to keep calling and see if I can't nudge him to finish it. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Ang135futurepilot said:

Damn man, that's awesome. I finished my FC1 in August, and my recruiter still hasn't put it in. I think I am going to keep calling and see if I can't nudge him to finish it. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat.  The generals need to sign at the wing level and higher (eventually even up to the TAG).  I finished my FC1 in July and my packet hasn't gone to NGB yet.  I just hope the January TFOT classes don't fill up by then. 

12 hours ago, Ang135futurepilot said:

May want to mention to your recruiter that he can submit the packet to the NGB without the FC1 results back yet. My recruiter was waiting on my medical results to submit mine, but he found out that he could submit the package for approval without the FC1 results. Mine was was submitted last week for what its worth. Hope to hear something back soon.

Not sure if my dates are getting to be a little too out of date to be helpful to anyone but since I'm mid pipeline thought I'd post. I'm guard FWIW.

April 2015: Interviewed/hired

June 2015: Swore in

August 2015: FC1

October 2015: Received OTS/UPT dates

January 2016: OTS (grad March)

IFS: EXEMPT

April 2016: UPT

October 2016: Track to Phase 3

????: MWS

????: Seasoning

By looking at past posts its hard to tell what my timeline will look like. I'm currently AD enlisted crossing over to the guard.  The recruiter/unit has never delt with this situation before so hopefully there won't be any major bumps in the road. If anyone has completed this process in the past some insight would be appreciated. No one can tell me what I should expect since this is a first for them. I've completed my FC1 here at my current base but I still have to eventuly complete the MFS.  

Sep 2016: Interview/Hired

Edited by Vixty

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, UncleFunyun said:

My dates dropped today!

I'm Guard:

August 2016- Sworn In

September 2016- FC1

January 19 2017- TFIT

January 26 2017- TFOT

Exempt- IFS

June 14 2017- UPT ENJJPT!

Always wondered how the Guard and ENJJPT combined class worked... Do all guard fighters go through Sheppard, or is that just the luck of the draw?

2 hours ago, tk1313 said:

Always wondered how the Guard and ENJJPT combined class worked... Do all guard fighters go through Sheppard, or is that just the luck of the draw?

From what I learned at the 187th FW's meet-and-greet a few weeks ago, it just depends on if Sheppard has a class available sooner than anyone else. Not all Guard fighters go there, and you don't have to do a special application for it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, sforron said:

From what I learned at the 187th FW's meet-and-greet a few weeks ago, it just depends on if Sheppard has a class available sooner than anyone else. Not all Guard fighters go there, and you don't have to do a special application for it.

I personally think it would be cool to meet foreign allied pilots. By the way, did you enjoy the 187th airmen? I'm super bummed I wasn't able to go meet them, as well as other guard applicants.

Edited by tk1313

5 hours ago, tk1313 said:

Luck of the draw depending on when your dates match up. I went to Columbus. We have dudes in our unit that went to Vance and Del Rio as well. 

7 hours ago, mp5g said:

Luck of the draw depending on when your dates match up. I went to Columbus. We have dudes in our unit that went to Vance and Del Rio as well. 

That's what I figured.  The dude I got hired with is the class ahead of me at ENJJPT, but the other dudes in the pipeline are at Vance and Del Rio

On 10/19/2016 at 4:57 PM, tk1313 said:

I personally think it would be cool to meet foreign allied pilots. By the way, did you enjoy the 187th airmen? I'm super bummed I wasn't able to go meet them, as well as other guard applicants.

Yeah, the 187th was great, they actually took the time to sit down and talk with us (there were about a dozen prospects there).

• Upvote 1

On 10/11/2016 at 7:31 AM, Vixty said:

By looking at past posts its hard to tell what my timeline will look like. I'm currently AD enlisted crossing over to the guard.  The recruiter/unit has never delt with this situation before so hopefully there won't be any major bumps in the road. If anyone has completed this process in the past some insight would be appreciated. No one can tell me what I should expect since this is a first for them. I've completed my FC1 here at my current base but I still have to eventuly complete the MFS.  

Sep 2015: Interview/Hired

You are fairly behind...The process does not take that long. I was Reserve and hired in Nov 2015 to the Gaurd...although i didnt "palace chase" which is the process you might have to go through, I am graduating OTS in a week. The MFS appointment can be made through your active unit potentially...but definitely start calling around and asking questions. The process can stall easily if you dont stay on top of it.

Edited by DeltaTango

49 minutes ago, DeltaTango said:

You are fairly behind...The process does not take that long. I was Reserve and hired in Nov 2015 to the Gaurd...although i didnt "palace chase" which is the process you might have to go through, I am graduating OTS in a week. The MFS appointment can be made through your active unit potentially...but definitely start calling around and asking questions. The process can stall easily if you dont stay on top of it.

I just realized I put 2015 instead of 2016.  My paperwork should get submitted to the GB soon but the recruiter said he doesnt think there will be any dates assigned until I actually palace chase and swear in.  I won't be able to palace chase until after Aug17 due to my wife deamanding that she wants to have her ankle pins taken out from a previous injury before we lose our tricare prime.  The problem is I turn 29 in May and they want to push me thorugh ASAP.    

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/17/2016 at 9:20 PM, Kilabe26 said:

Guard non-prior:

August 2015 - Selected

September 2015 - MEPS

December 2015 - Sworn in

July 2016 - FC1/MFS

August 2016 - FC1 approved by AETC

January 2017 - TFIT/TFOT

June 2017 - IFS

August 2017 - ENJJPT

PM me if we might be in the same class!