Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

Guest SuiSideburns

Bump. You hear anything? 3-6 mos is what I have in my head but don't have much info to go on, that's more of a guess.

Hey! I don't have dates yet but my squadron confirmed that 4ish months is the typical, but anything from 3-6 is the typical. I've been told that things are erring more towards sooner rather than later at the moment. 

Just got some dates. Seems like they are trying to get stuff going quicker. 

Hire: April 2015

Swear in: June 2015

FC1: July 2015

TFOT: January 2016

Del Rio: April 2016

No waivers. No Prior Service. 

you going ANG or Reserve?

Hey! I don't have dates yet but my squadron confirmed that 4ish months is the typical, but anything from 3-6 is the typical. I've been told that things are erring more towards sooner rather than later at the moment. 

Roger that, thanks! AFRC response should be soon, hopefully. 

Im scheduled for a Commissioning Physical DEC 05 with the Air Force Res (current enlisted) and should get an FC1 date shortly after...I got hired into the Guard NOV 2015, but im utilizing the ability to request physicals through the res to hopefully speed up the process. 

Il update accordingly. 

That is an important detail. ANG for Herks

Yup, the 3-6 months I quoted is for reserves. The people I know that have gone guard have been more like 1-2 years! 

Edited by bb17

• 6 months later...

Some updates...

Air National Guard

Hired Nov 2015

FC1 completed at local installation March 2016

Enlisted into unit April 2016

MFS only appointment (Wright Patt) May 2016

Packet submitted to ANG Bureau June 2016

TFOT Dates received: Waiting..

TFOT Date: Waiting..

UPT Date: Waiting..

13 hours ago, DeltaTango said:

Some updates...

Air National Guard

Hired Nov 2015

Packet submitted to ANG Bureau June 2016

I'll update as well:

Air Force Reserve

Hired Mar 2015

FC1 Nov 2015

AFRC Board approval Dec 2015

Sworn in Jan 2016

TFOT/TFIT: TBD

UPT: TBD

My current timeline:

Air Force Reserve

Interviewed Jul 2015

Hired Aug 2015

FC1 Dec 2015 - approved Jan 2015

AFRC board approval Dec 2015

Sworn in Feb 2016

Inprocessing for 340 FTG Apr 2016

TFIT/TFOT July 2016

UPT: Columbus, Oct 4 class start date

Edited by TriFlyer
Edit for confirmation of TFIT/TFOT dates

• 4 weeks later...

Got picked up this past April. 

Interviewed April 2016

Hired April 2016

Sworn in June 2016

FC1 August 22, 2016

No dates for anything else yet. Apparently I won't get any dates until my TS has been fully adjudicated... which apparently they are fairly backed up right now. I submitted my SF-86 about a month ago.

17 minutes ago, Ang135futurepilot said:

Got picked up this past April. 

Interviewed April 2016

Hired April 2016

Sworn in June 2016

FC1 August 22, 2016

No dates for anything else yet. Apparently I won't get any dates until my TS has been fully adjudicated... which apparently they are fairly backed up right now. I submitted my SF-86 about a month ago.

hm, maybe it is unit specific, but for me I just need my TS initiated to submit the package for dates. Also ANG, but on 130s

On 7/8/2016 at 11:59 PM, DeltaTango said:

hm, maybe it is unit specific, but for me I just need my TS initiated to submit the package for dates. Also ANG, but on 130s

Man, that would be awesome. I really hope that's the case. Maybe the guy I was talking to was wrong as he was just part of my in processing stuff since I wasn't prior enlisted.

On July 8, 2016 at 10:41 PM, Ang135futurepilot said:

...Apparently I won't get any dates until my TS has been fully adjudicated... which apparently they are fairly backed up right now. I submitted my SF-86 about a month ago.

FWIW my Secret clearance wasn't approved until literally halfway through UPT. I never had an interview, received a phone call or heard a peep about it until one day I checked vMPF and it was there...

Some updates...

Air National Guard

Hired Nov 2015

Packet submitted to NGB: July 1 2016

Packet approved NGB: July 14 2016 

Edited by DeltaTango

Some updates...

Air National Guard

Hired Nov 2015

Packet submitted to NGB: July 1 2016

Packet approved NGB: July 14 2016 

TFOT Dates received: July 16 2016

TFOT Date: 30 August 2016

UPT Date: 20 December 2016

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody know what the process is for the medical packet for guard guys after FC1/MFS at wright-pat?  

I know it goes from wright-pat (ACS) to AETC, but not sure if it goes to NGB for approval then your guard unit or what.  

Also, @DeltaTango, how did you find out when your packet was sent and approved by NGB?

6 hours ago, Kilabe26 said:

Anybody know what the process is for the medical packet for guard guys after FC1/MFS at wright-pat?  

I know it goes from wright-pat (ACS) to AETC, but not sure if it goes to NGB for approval then your guard unit or what.  

Also, @DeltaTango, how did you find out when your packet was sent and approved by NGB?

Your medical gets approved/denied by AETC SG, the process from the end of the FC1 and approval/denial should be about two weeks. Four weeks post appointment at wright patt should be plenty sufficient. The packet may be located in PEPP (the medical unit has access), I am prior enlisted, so im a little different. The recruiter should build your packet for approval at NGB. I was in contact with my recruiter and made sure to check on the status every two weeks to make sure things were moving. The flying class medical isnt needed for NGB packet to be sent/approved, but a commissioning physical is. You need a FC1 approved before attending UPT, but not to get dates.

Hopefully i helped a little.

14 hours ago, DeltaTango said:

Your medical gets approved/denied by AETC SG, the process from the end of the FC1 and approval/denial should be about two weeks. Four weeks post appointment at wright patt should be plenty sufficient. The packet may be located in PEPP (the medical unit has access), I am prior enlisted, so im a little different. The recruiter should build your packet for approval at NGB. I was in contact with my recruiter and made sure to check on the status every two weeks to make sure things were moving. The flying class medical isnt needed for NGB packet to be sent/approved, but a commissioning physical is. You need a FC1 approved before attending UPT, but not to get dates.

Hopefully i helped a little.

Got it.  I was under the impression that the NGB packet needed the AETC-approved FC1 with it to schedule dates.  

Thanks for clearing up the mud!

• 4 weeks later...

Currently lined up for a FC I on Sept. 19, 2016 at WP. If everything checks out I'll enlist sometime shortly after that. My question is do you need to be enlisted to get TOFT dates? Or just be enlisted before class starts? I see online that there's two dates in January of 2017. Do you see those as realistic to make? Next one after that seems like April 2017 (these dates are from the TOFT website) Much thanks!