Little Rock info

Guest pilotpm

• 6 months later...

Questions about the C-130 initial qual courses have you start at Little Rock for 4 months (TDY), and then have you go elsewhere to finish up:  

Do they authorize you the travel days, and you bring your own car?  Or does the AF authorize you a rental car?  

And, being there only 4 months, any specific recommendations (or Wing restrictions) for lodging?

Edited by GoGuard

Legacy course I take it? I did the J course so it was a PCS for me anyway, but I have a bunch of friends who did the H course. Everyone brought their own car and family if they had one, and everyone lived off base. I don't think there are any restrictions on where you can live. I can tell you I haven't met a single American officer who stayed in the dorms!

I don't think you'll get a rental car.

Out of the eight or so buddies I had TDY here, they all stayed in one of three places:

The Links in Sherwood - pretty close to base, okay apartments with a par 3 golf course between the buildings.

The Enclave in North Little Rock - pretty big apartment building with newer/mostly smaller apartments, right next to a foot bridge to the bars downtown, and close to the freeway towards base.

Block 2 Lofts (I think that's what it's called) - pretty cool but more expensive industrial style apartments on the main drag downtown.

There are plenty of other options but those just happened to be where all my bros ended up!

• Upvote 1

• 3 years later...

Where are the single dudes TDY to LRAFB staying these days? Back in '16 I was at the Metropolitan (former Enclave) and liked it, so I'll go with that again unless anyone has an awesome alternative to suggest. Thanks! 

On 5/7/2019 at 1:37 PM, Splash95 said:

Where are the single dudes TDY to LRAFB staying these days? Back in '16 I was at the Metropolitan (former Enclave) and liked it, so I'll go with that again unless anyone has an awesome alternative to suggest. Thanks! 

Strong recommendation for the metro (enclave), if you are single, lots of attractive med student ladies there.  Now that the former rape bridge is lit up, easy walk downtown.  

Edited by dream big
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/28/2015 at 12:55 AM, 747 said:

Is there a URL you can use to access the LRF grade book from any government computer, or do you have to be at LRF?  

Thread revival:  Anybody aware of a current weblink to access GTIMS?  Specifically, my C-130H training schedule.  The "GTIMS web reports" functionality might work if I knew the correct URL for Little Rock.  I've hit a dead end spelunking on the MAF GTIMS download site.

I'm using VMWare Horizon Client on my MacBook Pro.  Regular GTIMS keeps crashing the virtual desktop.  TIA.

• 10 months later...
On 12/30/2015 at 7:35 AM, spaceman said:

Legacy course I take it? I did the J course so it was a PCS for me anyway, but I have a bunch of friends who did the H course. Everyone brought their own car and family if they had one, and everyone lived off base. I don't think there are any restrictions on where you can live. I can tell you I haven't met a single American officer who stayed in the dorms!

I don't think you'll get a rental car.

Out of the eight or so buddies I had TDY here, they all stayed in one of three places:

The Links in Sherwood - pretty close to base, okay apartments with a par 3 golf course between the buildings.

The Enclave in North Little Rock - pretty big apartment building with newer/mostly smaller apartments, right next to a foot bridge to the bars downtown, and close to the freeway towards base.

Block 2 Lofts (I think that's what it's called) - pretty cool but more expensive industrial style apartments on the main drag downtown.

There are plenty of other options but those just happened to be where all my bros ended up!

Bump. Heading to Little Rock next year for the H course TDY. This seems to be the most current gouge. I’m a married guy going solo. Don’t need to be close to bars but would like to be near good restaurants and not in the hood. Looking for recommendations. 

Edited by CDAWG

37 minutes ago, CDAWG said:

Bump. Heading to Little Rock next year for the H course TDY. This seems to be the most current gouge. I’m a married guy going solo. Don’t need to be close to bars but would like to be near good restaurants and not in the hood. Looking for recommendations. 

I think I stayed at the Enclave with lots of other guys while there. It's a 2 min walk across the bridge to downtown. Plenty of restaurants. 

It is a bit of a hood but the property itself is gated and nice. I don't think you'll find a lot of areas downtown that aren't a hood. You may look in the burbs.