I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

I did use the excuse once to someone asking me where my reflective belt once that I did not wear it when going to fly because I wouldn't want to forget taking it off and in the event of an ejection I wouldn't want to reflect my position to the Taliban but that was total BS on my part, I just forgot it in my room.

If you can't wear reflective belts properly, how can you fly an airplane and blow up Al Qaeda properly?!

That's the same aggravating stupid logic my parents would use on me! "If you can't clean your room, how can you expect to drive the car?" Apples =/= oranges. Yes, if a dude is dumb enough to flunk lunch he's dumb enough to flunk any task; however, if you're in the AOR, that means you're a qualified MR crew member on an airplane that costs more than you will make in a lifetime. Chances are you've proven to one or many people that you are more than capable of walking and chewing gum, so even if you aren't wearing socks with your finger shoes, you probably can be trusted to do the job that the US taxpayers have invested millions of dollars into training you to do.

I think it got the point across.

Some shoe will respond about how if you can't follow the simple regulations then you clearly can't fly an airplane or some dumb shit like that.

I printed a copy of the letter written by the E-9 for our section. It is now properly displayed under the glass of the biggest table in our section. It is there to remind us of how rediculous this so called leadership has become in todays Air Force. Hopefully this letter will serve as a reminder of how not to treat your people.

For example, look at the tremendous, negative impact the situation at Abu Grab had on the war in Iraq.

Wait, what?! Did we get our asses kicked in Iraq when I wasn't looking?

Reflective belts on the prisoners, guards and dogs would've won that war for us. Let's not let that happen again.

That is all. Carry on.

Sign on every table in the chow hall at ORKK states "No one (military or civilian) will be allowed into the DFAC without a reflective belt on their person."

So does that mean if your reflective belt is in your pocket, you're good?

So does that mean if your reflective belt is in your pocket, you're good?

My take on this: who exactly is "their person"? Can I have one dude carry all our reflective belts?

Chief: "hey were is your RB?"

us: "on my person....he (point at dude with all the RBs) is my person"

• Upvote 4

Tough to say, but he did grow up as a cop, so that might have something to do with it. Not all shoes work indoors.

Have a friend who was there when they medivac'ed him out after getting hit on the convoy in Iraq that swears he's the real shit.

Who knows, maybe it was the Ranger training. Some Army friends tell me that the Ranger school in a lot of ways is almost an indoctrination into "ears on & brain off" discipline. While maybe that "don't ask questions" / "go take that hill" thing is necessary in the Army (or with Air Force cops?), I like to think that since we recruit from at least a little closer to the top shelf we might as well use some of the brains that the Air Force always brags about us having. Then again he's been trying to beat SP's into line for twenty-plus years, and that's got to take a little objectivity out of you...

Edited by MKopack

Have a friend who was there when they medivac'ed him out after getting hit on the convoy in Iraq that swears he's the real shit.

Who knows, maybe it was the Ranger training. Some Army friends tell me that the Ranger school in a lot of ways is almost an indoctrination into "ears on & brain off" discipline. While maybe that "don't ask questions" / "go take that hill" thing is necessary in the Army (or with Air Force cops?), I like to think that since we recruit from at least a little closer to the top shelf we might as well use some of the brains that the Air Force always brags about us having. Then again he's been trying to beat SP's into line for twenty-plus years, and that's got to take a little objectivity out of you...

He put on E-9 4 years ago, he's been a chief longer than many members of this board have been in the air force. Being an E-9 and not eventually drinking the kool aid has got to be like being the only sober guy at the party-- after long enough, you're going to want to give in.