I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

One of my motorcycle riding troops got told at the gate today here in sunny Cannon, that the extra reflective belt around his back-back no longer cut the mustard. The "new" requirement is that the horrible dark spot covering your back will now warrant it's own entire and full up reflective VEST.

Someone just got a OPR bullet for improving the safety of the Motorcycle Safety Program.

Probably the same safety jackass that dropped the speed limit on the perimiter road from 45 to 35.

If you see someone in an old dually doing 20mph it's me being extra safe. I slow down to 5 when I get on main base.

That's also standard at Little Rock. Infact they tried to push wrapping your vest around your backpack because the backpack wasn't reflective. They backed down when we pointed out we can't have any other color backpack in uniform. Booyah. I'd be half tempted to go get a bright pink reflective Hello Kitty pack and put some glitter on it.

That's also standard at Little Rock. Infact they tried to push wrapping your vest around your backpack because the backpack wasn't reflective. They backed down when we pointed out we can't have any other color backpack in uniform. Booyah. I'd be half tempted to go get a bright pink reflective Hello Kitty pack and put some glitter on it.

Save yourself the DIY and just spring for this.

Icon_Mil_Spec_Corset_zoom.jpg?1282010277

Is that an iPod/iPhone holder?

CAC holder.

It's an Icon vest from their "Mil-Spec" line; they're made to be "friendly" for .mil motorcycle riders and their requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

This rant may have been posted on here, but I haven't seen it yet, and It's too great to not share. Sorry if it's a repost.

Rumor is that it showed up at some chow hall a while back...

Yep, here's the 3-page

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So quasi-off topic but I had nightmares over this last night.....I was in the clinic for some shots yesterday, I look up and what do my eyes see, some SSgt walking down the hall with a reflective belt in. his. blues....please tell me this is not becoming a trend across the AF?!

God forbid a car comes driving through the clinic and the SSgt gets hit because he didn't have his disco belt on...

Too early in the week to start drinking?

Cheers :beer:

• Upvote 1

some SSgt walking down the hall with a reflective belt in. his. blues....please tell me this is not becoming a trend across the AF?!

Seen disco belts inside on blues and ABUs, multiple times at multiple bases. It is a trend...start your drinking!

Next we will all have dress shoes with those flashing red lights in the back

Dammit Guinea, how many times do we have to say don't give the shoes ideas! I can see it now, flashing shoes mandatory dusk-dawn, but not during daylight, so you actually have to carry a 2nd pair of shoes with you if your workday spans both daylight and night. Shit, now I just gave them an idea...ah fuck.

Here's another :vomit:-worthy gem I found checking my webmail today...thank God I'm TDY. Emphasis and bracketed comments mine.

Subject: Reflective belts...

XXXXXXX,

Per the XXXXXX Commander guidance, ALL personnel will start wearing their reflective belts beginning XXXXXXX and continue wearing them until XXXXXXX. This means that whenever you're here in the squadron or anywhere else on base, (i.e. Food Court, BX, Commissary, etc.), you'll be wearing your reflective belt.

If you don't have a reflective belt, [props if you've dodged it this long!] you can either talk to Life Support or go talk to the Group RA. Make sure you have your reflective with you when you leave work today because come Monday, you'll be expected to wear it when you report to work.

V/R,

XXXXXXX

So everywhere, all the time, indoors, outdoors, night and day. Hope the folks who live on base enjoy wearing their disco belts to sleep and in the shower. If I were back there I'd be choking myself...with my disco belt, of course. Oh wait, never mind, I wore mine to a rubiks cube party a little while back and traded it for a sweet orange sombrero.

Here's another :vomit:-worthy gem I found checking my webmail today...thank God I'm TDY. Emphasis and bracketed comments mine.

So everywhere, all the time, indoors, outdoors, night and day. Hope the folks who live on base enjoy wearing their disco belts to sleep and in the shower. If I were back there I'd be choking myself...with my disco belt, of course. Oh wait, never mind, I wore mine to a rubiks cube party a little while back and traded it for a sweet orange sombrero.

Wing exercise kicking off on Monday? If so I can see why the email was sent out. They're crazy (*ahem* crazier) when it comes to reflectivity during ORE/ORIs. If no exercise starting Monday... fuck me.

• 4 weeks later...