I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

I guess reflective belts can be useful...

So I'm TDY and my wife couldn't wait a week for me to get back to put up a Christmas tree. So when she called me in hysterics after the tree fell over for the second time, I told her she had to come up with some way to prop it up until I get home. Here is what she came up with...

post-6319-069004400 1291015600_thumb.jpg

Note: There will be no pictures of the wife

You spoke of the wife. I believe the ROE for that requires pictures of said wife.

There's nothing like having the whole (stateside) base wearing reflective belts 24/7 so we can "reflect" on alcohol awareness after our most recent DUI. Somebody craps their pants and now we all have to wear diapers.

You beat me to it...

How did this ever seem like a good idea? WTFO.

There's nothing like having the whole (stateside) base wearing reflective belts 24/7 so we can "reflect" on alcohol awareness after our most recent DUI. Somebody craps their pants and now we all have to wear diapers.

Story/background...?

YGBSM! Is that the best your "leadership" can think up? Honestly, I can't fathom a commander and first sergeant sitting in an office, discussing ways to reduce DUIs and this is the best option they thought of!

I think every commander in the Air Force, to include services and medical units, should have the atch'd picture in their office to help them think through such decision, maybe at which time such idiotic ideas like this will get tossed into the shitter where they belong.

Just my 2¢

Cheers! M2

post-1535-084044800 1291915806_thumb.jpg

Once again... the AF just begs people to get out.

YGBSM! Is that the best your "leadership" can think up? Honestly, I can't fathom a commander and first sergeant sitting in an office, discussing ways to reduce DUIs and this is the best option they thought of!

I think every commander in the Air Force, to include services and medical units, should have the atch'd picture in their office to help them think through such decision, maybe at which time such idiotic ideas like this will get tossed into the shitter where they belong.

Just my 2¢

Cheers! M2

100% agree about the picture idea but therein lies another problem; that awesome stash. Being out of regs/AFI/WTF-ever they would never put that picture up. Combined with the fact he's in a bag not ABU/BDU/blues. For that matter I remember seeing Robin's picture in wing HQ at Kunsan back in 1992 and he was in 1505's and stashless. Even his own wing had turned its back on his stash. Robin's book needs to be mandatory reading for all Airman/NCOs/officers.

But that's just my 2 cents and I'm retired and don't have deal with this stupidity anymore.

Story/background...?

From what I heard (rumor mill), it was an alcohol related "incident"...not a DUI. Something about an airmen who was driven home by a DD, then left to go do something stupid and got arrested. Now wing leadership has decided that this is the proper course of action.

Just my $0.02, if it comes down to making everyone wear the belts 24/7, then no one has any idea how to eliminate alcohol incidents.

From what I heard (rumor mill), it was an alcohol related "incident"...not a DUI. Something about an airmen who was driven home by a DD, then left to go do something stupid and got arrested. Now wing leadership has decided that this is the proper course of action.

Just my $0.02, if it comes down to making everyone wear the belts 24/7, then no one has any idea how to eliminate alcohol incidents.

So does this include TDY personel? I'd be willing to tell someone to go suck a bag of dick.

At least they went with the belts instead of the diapers. They could have decided on that option so people would think about alcohol awareness and were not going "toilet" it happen again...

Guest sleepynav

Wow, I usualy laugh at the stupid reflective belt rules... but i'm currently at a Navy base (read "Competent Leadership"), and I almost shed a tear over this one... I actually dread going back to an Air Force base when this tour is over.......

• Upvote 3

What gets me is that leadership is taking what was supposed to be a safety tool and now making it a punishment, thus reinforcing negativity. BTW, this policy also extends to blues and PTUs, indoors or out.

Fv(k reflective belts...and DTS. But I digress.

Guest sleepynav

Wait, Reflective Belts in Blues? Really? Wearing them as part of your flightsuit, or ABU's is one thing, but to show outright disrespect to the Dress Uniform of our service by wearing a reflective belt is crazy. I wonder if the Base Honor Guard wears them as well? Please, oh please, let Air Force times get a picture of a guy in service dress with a reflective belt on...