Is everything a "Weapons System?"

ClearedHot

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This has even surpassed reflective belts. This is now the absolute gayest thing anyone in the AF has done. I hate shoes so very, very much.

Agreed. I thought Air Force gayness had hit rock bottom; looks like I was wrong.

Edit to add: Anyone sense the irony that the one charged with keeping us sane uses language that makes us crazy?

Edited by tac airlifter

Guest Scooby

"Puzzled, I asked for clarification and she replied, "I am a crew chief on the human weapons system; I maintain the critical emotional guidance system of our most valued asset." She was our new mental health officer."

lolololol

I just fell off my couch laughing

no seriously. I just read that article on the Vance website. I had it copied and pasted for you guys, and I'm really glad I didnt have to post it on here.

SOOOO effing funny. I'm a brand new CGO, and I cant help but thinking that I signed up for this BS. What have I done to myself?!

Part of my Human Weapons System is in need of service. Pre-flight and post-flight inspections as well.

But only by a female crew chief. And she has to be hot...

Chuck

Did you fly your weapons system through some "bad weather". Moderate to severe turbulence? How many drips per minute?

Did you fly your weapons system through some "bad weather". Moderate to severe turbulence? How many drips per minute?

Just make sure that if her "weapon system" is dripping "hydraulic fluid" out of her "receptical" you abort the mission. I'm pretty sure the MEL states that if THAT system is "red" home station "launch" is prohibited.

Leadership in the USAF commonly misuses terms. The one that comes to mind as being most misused (aside from "warrior) is "wingman". Everytime I hear something like "be a good wingman!" on AFN or about a "wingman day!" I throw up a little bit in my mouth. 99% of people in the USAF have no clue what it means to be a wingman but pretend like they do....

As far as "weapons system", your platform either employs weapons (hence weapons system) or it does not. I understand how certain platforms can be thought of as a strategic weapon, but give me a break.

Edited by F16Deuce

Guest Alarm Red

Leadership in the USAF commonly misuses terms. The one that comes to mind as being most misused (aside from "warrior) is "wingman". Everytime I hear something like "be a good wingman!" on AFN or about a "wingman day!" I throw up a little bit in my mouth. 99% of people in the USAF have no clue what it means to be a wingman but pretend like they do....

Assume the average wingman will do the following: mess up the mission planning somehow, step late, get lost on the radios at least once, go blind at some point, two-circle the tanker during yo-yo ops, and bingo out the flight early. This is the metaphor we want people with desk jobs to apply at work?

As far as "weapons system", your platform either employs weapons (hence weapons system) or it does not. I understand how certain platforms can be thought of as a strategic weapon, but give me a break.

Probably the reason the term 'MWS' isn't used by the USAF. It's MDS, or Mission Design Series, as it refers to aircraft. Lots of people still erroneously talk about an 'MWS'. If some lady ever introduced herself to me as a 'crew chief on the human weapons system' though I'd be temped to punch her right in the ovaries.

Assume the average wingman will do the following: mess up the mission planning somehow, step late, get lost on the radios at least once, go blind at some point, two-circle the tanker during yo-yo ops, and bingo out the flight early. This is the metaphor we want people with desk jobs to apply at work?

That thought, my friend, is awesome...and hilarious...and true.

If some lady ever introduced herself to me as a 'crew chief on the human weapons system' though I'd be temped to punch her right in the ovaries.

Wait a second...instead, why not suggest she go ahead and get started on a vigerous and thorough thru-flt inspection of your "human weapon system" and if that goes well you'll come back later for a full phase inspection...maybe even depot level.

Received this in a typical base-wide email. Stopped reading at the title.

Don't forget to put on your "system" before you go to work...!

wow (but I did actually find the content interesting).

Oh my dear lord...muscle2002, that link was amazing. We all deserve the full text here (with the best lines bolded for your reading pleasure)

How's the koolaid tasting these days Chief? Seriously...at a certain rank to they force you to write this kind of crap?

post-1421-126319819653_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Disclaimer: I understand the importance of recognizing the good work our people do.

However, again the term "warrior" gets thrown around way too much and PA tries way too hard to boost the confidence of those who are not necessarily in the real fight. I give you exhibit A:

http://www.minot.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123195144

3/16/2010 - MINOT AIR FORCE BASE, N.D. -- Whether Airmen deploy to the Middle East or to Central America, or their families require defense for a fatal illness, the base Allergy and Immunizations Clinic provides life saving vaccines, antibiotics and serums for the body on a cellular level.

"What we do here is extremely important," said Staff Sgt. Christopher Brown, 5th Medical Operations Squadron allergy and immunizations technician. "We help to ensure the health of the Airmen and their families. If they get sick, it impacts the mission."

Every active duty member on base is required to get the flu shot annually. This prevents the virus from spreading across base and ensures the mission continues.

"Our people travel all over the world," said Tech. Sgt. Patrenia Hawkins-Hearn, 5th MDOS allergy and immunizations noncommissioned officer-in-charge. "They are exposed to many different contagions and our inoculations ensure both the safety of the person and of the mission. We vaccinate about 15,000 people every year."

But it's not just the base's active duty personnel these Airmen protect, it's also their children.

"It's really about helping the kids," said Staff Sgt. Ashley Swink, 5th MDOS independent duty medical technician currently assigned to flight medicine. "It is knowing that what we're doing is helping someone."

Sergeant Swink works with various units in the medical group as she trains to become a fully equipped field medic. Her skills are best utilized at deployed locations, she said.

While administering preventative vaccines and antibiotics is a large part of the clinic's mission, there is another section of equal importance.

"We also do allergy testing," said Sergeant Brown. "Anything from hay to grass to things like cats and cockroaches, we can produce vaccines for these allergies. The serum we make may help to lower a patient's symptoms and someday cure the disease."

He added in most cases they are able to cure the individual for up to 90 percent of the allergy. Click here for a list of available serums available on base.

According to Sergeant Brown if their allergy is not on the list they can refer the patient downtown to Trinity and the cost would still be covered by the Air Force.

"The procedure also helps to control asthma," Sergeant Brown said.

"Especially since allergies and asthma go hand-in-hand," added Sergeant Swink.

What really makes the services these Airmen provide great is the fact one can continue their treatments at every stateside base and in select deployed locations.

"The good thing about our serum is that it's standard across the entire DoD [Department of Defense]," Sergeant Hawkins-Hearn said. "It doesn't matter which branch you serve with, we're here to help."

Additionally, the clinic performs pulmonary lung testing, which helps find if a person has asthma and many other lung diseases.

"The base firefighters are required to do a yearly pulmonary lung test," said Sergeant Brown. "We also provide education for preventative diseases."

Yet, why continue the work? What makes being an allergy and immunizations technician worthwhile?

"The job is self rewarding," Sergeant Brown said. "This is one of the only jobs you can see everything you do is good."

"It's knowing that shot you gave may save someone's life," added Sergeant Hawkins-Hearn.

"The job is self rewarding," Sergeant Brown said. "This is one of the only jobs you can see everything you do is good."

Sergeant Brown, what you have just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.