Pope wing commander removed from duty

HercDude

Guest whyme?

Wanna see careers die? Come to pred. I have seen and heard of LOTS of awesome dudes careers tank because of the mission or they rocked the boat a little. Nothing more career killing than an 0-5 flying the line like an 0-3 and there isnt a THING they can do about it. Believe me there is a show mafia out there than knows how to take care of their own. They are so threatened by guys that might bring back the warfighting mentality. Guys that can separate the razors edge of the spear from the tip from the broad blade from the hilt from the scabbard and leads accordingly. There is nothing wrong with support but you are not the razors edge and shouldnt be treated as such.

The shoe mafia, yes even the bag wearing shoes, have managed to build an Air Force that is not built around military service but box checking and BS Bullets on an OPR. Gone are the days where a guys combat experience and leadership pushed him to the front of the line. Nope thats "unfair" the shoes feel they need a chance to lead as well. Yup its now built so a guy that has zillions of combat time and seen all kinds of action and can actually lead a flight into the fight( my fail at a rhyme) is at a DISadvantage from the shoe clerk that sat at home station and managed one little deal to the deid or nothing at all. As long as his PME is done he is golden, no real leadership need to be demoed

The trouble is this isn't a corporation, we are a military. Maybe that was fine when 90% of the USAF wasn't fighting a war but we need the warfighter leading not a bunch of ticket punching shoeclerks. People wonder why guys are bailing. JTACs are getting 90k and they are still bailing out. These guys LOVE to fight. Love to be deployed. Point is the Razors edge shouldnt be treated like the belt that the scabbard is tied too.

Edited by whyme?

Guest sopinesheel

Long time lurker, but I had to sign in and make my first post here about the Fun Burglar.

All I can say about this whole deal is what goes around, comes around.

I was at his change of command when he became Pope Wg/CC. It was attended by several flag officers from Bragg who I am sure have seen men killed, ordered men potentially to their deaths and propbably ordered the deaths of many bad guys in combat. In addition to the generals, there were warriors in attendance of all ranks from the host of SF units both AF and Army that reside here also. Nothing showed the lack of the big picture and ops focus of McD more than when the dbag gets up there to assume command and in his acceptance speach states that the christmas party he planned as a captain was his greatest leadership accomplishment! :rainbow:

I have never been so humiliated as a member of the air force. Then the douche proceeds to claim that as vice commander of Pope , the achievement he was most proud of was that the base had won the AMC Matchup game! :rainbow: I about crapped my pants. Never mind the thousands of sorties both home and in the desert, the aeromedical evac missions, the convoys driven, the fences patroled, the holidays missed, the deployments made by members of all different squadrons on base. I desperately looked around at the audience trying to see if others where similarly horrified. Of course all I see is a bunch of yukster support dweebs smiling and cheering. Probably the single worst moment of my air force career.

Every now and then, justice is served in this man's Air Force and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. :flag_waving:

Now if it could happen to all the other dbags of similar stature who are doing similiar things. :nob:

Edited by sopinesheel

Guest Smoke_Jaguar4
Long time lurker, but I had to sign in and make my first post here about the Fun Burglar.

All I can say about this whole deal is what goes around, comes around.

I was at his change of command when he became Pope Wg/CC. [snip nauseating story]

Every now and then, justice is served in this man's Air Force and it couldn't have happened to a better guy. :flag_waving:

Now if it could happen to all the other dbags of similar stature who are doing similiar things. :nob:

Utterly. Pathetic. I'm almost tempted to put in a FOIA Request to Pope's PAO for a copy of the video. I wouldn't be surprised if they've already tossed all copies in the microwave, then degaussed them, then burned them and dumped the ashes over the Atlantic Ocean.

:beer: for sharing.

Guest Lucky13
Which makes them not really shenanigans at all...

Evil shenanigans!

01_mac_head.jpg

:beer: for that FABULOUS RUMINT...

...got anything on my boss ;-)

Your boss, hmm lessee....

Once I was at the dog park and your boss and his wife were there (he's a guy, right?) and she suspected him of having hookers over IN THEIR HOUSE while she was away visiting her sick mother.

Well.... so it seems the dog actually shat a shat with a used condom twisted around it it! He was totally busted. She only stays with him because like 80% of women- she's a money grubbing whore who wants to continue on with her money grubbing whore lifestyle. Meantime he, likes to have someone in the house to look after the dog while he's in the Deid.

Saw the whole thing, or maybe I didn't. You just roll with yo' bad self :)

Edit: Did you just say "FABULOUS"?

Edited by Lucky13

Guest zeuswarrior

I have never been so humiliated as a member of the air force. Then the douche proceeds to claim that as vice commander of Pope , the achievement he was most proud of was that the base had won the AMC Matchup game! :rainbow: I about crapped my pants. Never mind the thousands of sorties both home and in the desert, the aeromedical evac missions, the convoys driven, the fences patroled, the holidays missed, the deployments made by members of all different squadrons on base. I desperately looked around at the audience trying to see if others where similarly horrified. Of course all I see is a bunch of yukster support dweebs smiling and cheering. Probably the single worst moment of my air force career.

Guess what? It was a "yukster support dweeb" that took douchebag down....and you're welcome :-)

Evil shenanigans!

01_mac_head.jpg

Your boss, hmm lessee....

Once I was at the dog park and your boss and his wife were there (he's a guy, right?) and she suspected him of having hookers over IN THEIR HOUSE while she was away visiting her sick mother.

Well.... so it seems the dog actually shat a shat with a used condom twisted around it it! He was totally busted. She only stays with him because like 80% of women- she's a money grubbing whore who wants to continue on with her money grubbing whore lifestyle. Meantime he, likes to have someone in the house to look after the dog while he's in the Deid.

Saw the whole thing, or maybe I didn't. You just roll with yo' bad self :)

Edit: Did you just say "FABULOUS"?

I had no idea... :-)

Yes, I did say "FABULOUS". That's the way I roll...

Guess what? It was a "yukster support dweeb" that took douchebag down....and you're welcome :-)

Spill it without telling who you are.........we're all waiting.

Guest zeuswarrior
Spill it without telling who you are.........we're all waiting.

Info came to me on how douchebag violated integrity, inappropriately kept approaching an active duty female, abused his authority etc...don't want to go into more detail than that, but I sent that info to the right place.

Guest Form 8
Info came to me on how douchebag violated integrity, inappropriately kept approaching an active duty female, abused his authority etc...don't want to go into more detail than that, but I sent that info to the right place.

:beer: :beer:

:beer::beer: Thanks for having the cajones to do the right thing.

I gave this guy way too much leeway. I thought he was a victim of the poor leadership we had a Dyess long ago.

After reading some of the stuff he attempted or said, I believe it can't be due to poor examples, but for having one's head up one's arse (the ultimate in self-absorption).

Col McDonald attended "pre-nav" school at Del Rio (if I remember correctly). When I attended UPT in '86, the wash-out rate was about 50% (+/- 5%). I felt glad to graduate. I always respected those who did wash out, but went on to have respectable careers in the AF. I thought that was the case with Col McDonald. Obviously, I was wrong.

Kudos to whoever turned him in. The behavior referenced in this thread can't be tolerated.

Edited by Red Fox

Guest Wing King

First off, the poor bastard had a shitty last name. So, feel no pity for the fool purely on that account. Regardless, unless he's demoted and ran out of the service he's the one having the last laugh. Not only is he drowing his sorrows on a fat paycheck every month, but he's going to retire and be taken care of by all of us taxpayers. So, essentially this monumental jackhole phoned it in every day, treated those around him like shizzle, embarrassed his service, and made life for his subordinates unbearable.

So, what's really happening to this fu*ktard? He stays employed and continues to milk the government for $$$. I have no doubt he just smirks and drives on...

If the DoD ever truly cared about its reputation it would fire people for cause, just like it happens in the private sector (for the most part), and Slappy McPoordecisionpants would be out on his ass. The moral of this story? Phone it in boys, because No one Ever Really Dies in the officer corps.

Guest herkgrrl

To the yukster who turned the b@stard in, a million thanks. You have freed the females of PAFB. Now we don't feel the driving urge to take a shower and scrub every inch of skin with a brillo pad every time the slimy bugger drove by. Good on you. And a special thanks to the woman that surfaced from the pond scum that stagnates around Bragg and turned him in.

Guest hongkongphoohey
To the yukster who turned the b@stard in, a million thanks. You have freed the females of PAFB. Now we don't feel the driving urge to take a shower and scrub every inch of skin with a brillo pad every time the slimy bugger drove by. Good on you. And a special thanks to the woman that surfaced from the pond scum that stagnates around Bragg and turned him in.

On a side note, how is the MX at POB? I had heard that there were some issues and wondered what the latest was.

Guest Wing King

DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM, MUTHA ######AH???

I'M THE WING KING, MUTHA ######AH!!!

**** SLAP!!!! *****

Guest Lucky13

Oh hi there, you must be the neighborhood sweetheart ;D