New Fitness Rules

nsplayr

I never had a problem with them, but if the AF is seriously looking at where it is spending its money unnecessarily then the FAC should've been gone long ago. We can be trusted with each other's lives, multi-million dollar pieces of equipment, nuclear weapons, etc, but we can't trust people with monitoring a PT test. The FAC is a pain trying to get tests scheduled, etc. So much nicer when you can just go to a UFPM in your SQ and say, "hey can we do my test in a few hours?"

If 200+ AF pilots are getting cut, then FAC cells should've been gone last year.

They aren't going to go back to the old way, it will be like piss test duty, one squadron will pony up the manpower for a week/month whatever. I would love to actually run at some place other than the track though, I hate the track.

They aren't going to go back to the old way, it will be like piss test duty, one squadron will pony up the manpower for a week/month whatever. I would love to actually run at some place other than the track though, I hate the track.

That seems impossible the way the rules are written now. For now at least, you have to be a PTL to test someone, which involves being current on CPR as well as a half-day training course. The currencies are yearly. GL getting a whole squadron "trained" to that level and maintaining that long-term. Just let the PTLs/UFPMs test their own squadrons again and RIF anyone caught cheating; kills 2 birds with one stone.

Edited by nsplayr

Fudge

I love your response in saying why can't they trust us since we deal with millions of dollars in equipment and lives. Just look at all the fat Airmen under the old system they monitored. There will be a lot of FAT Airman celebrating this week, RHIP.

So any news on getting rid of the FACs or are those just rumors?

Here's an article about AF civilian job cuts, http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2011/11/ap-air-force-9000-civilian-jobs-cut-110211/. The bottom line is that the USAF announced the elimination of 9K civilian jobs. FACs are low hanging fruit in that kind of cutting environment. Dyess announced that it's FAC is officially soon to be history.

Edited by Herk Driver

Minot does a runway run once or twice a year. 1.5 miles with a light Minot breeze (23 gusting to 69) at your back makes the test a bit easier.

Just saw in a media source that shant be quoted/re-posted on this site that it is indeed official. FACs are dead. Never had to deal with one. Spent the first couple years at a Navy base and don't have to test again until after the FAC is gone.

Fudge

I love your response in saying why can't they trust us since we deal with millions of dollars in equipment and lives. Just look at all the fat Airmen under the old system they monitored. There will be a lot of FAT Airman celebrating this week, RHIP.

Are you this much of a tool in person, or just the internet?

No FACs in attendance this past weekend for our fitness testing...

Are many KC-10 guys FAC qualified?

Sorry, can only bite my tongue for so long when (non)support agencies use flying terminology with no regard for what the true meaning is. It makes me want to choke people when I hear folks that can't even find the flight line talk about checkrides, FACs, wingmen, TTPs, etc.

Sorry, can only bite my tongue for so long when (non)support agencies use flying terminology with no regard for what the true meaning is. It makes me want to choke people when I hear folks that can't even find the flight line talk about checkrides, FACs, wingmen, TTPs, etc.

I think we need a "common military vocabulary". There have been numerous times on my current deployment where different agencies use the same acronym to mean different things. Or worse use pairs of words with exactly flipped meanings from how my unit is using that same pair of words. I would put some agency in charge, maybe name it Acronym Suitability Selectors or something.

I think we need a "common military vocabulary". There have been numerous times on my current deployment where different agencies use the same acronym to mean different things. Or worse use pairs of words with exactly flipped meanings from how my unit is using that same pair of words. I would put some agency in charge, maybe name it Acronym Suitability Selectors or something.

The ASS agency.

Are many KC-10 guys FAC qualified?

You know, as I was typing that, I briefly thought about spelling it out instead of abbreviating it for that very reason...

Well played.

Good riddance to those guys. Here, they only test like 12 people per session Monday through Thursday; no testing on Fridays (I wish I could have a 4-day work week :bash: ). So, they book up a month in advance, and when you have to reschedule because of high winds (in Oklahoma, go figure), then you have to wait another 4 weeks. I miss the days when you could just grab a PTL and say "meet me at the track tomorrow at 0700 and let's get this thing done." Fortunately, it seems like PTLs are making a comeback.

I'll be curious to see if ours still exists on Monday...they were there on Thursday. I actually like the people at our FAC, especially the two hottie civilians who work there, but I'll be glad to be able to test my own folks again if that's gonna be the way it's done. I could talk to the DO, PEX out everyone due at the end of November, and test all 12 people at once on a day with nice weather and be done with it in one hour.

What I fear is that they still won't let PTLs test their own squadrons but instead will make PTLs work at the FAC offices as a rotating week-long additional duty to test the rest of the base. That would be an absolute nightmare that no one has time to support...which is why my money is on that being the plan.

What I fear is that they still won't let PTLs test their own squadrons but instead will make PTLs work at the FAC offices as a rotating week-long additional duty to test the rest of the base. That would be an absolute nightmare that no one has time to support...which is why my money is on that being the plan.

It's going to happen, that is how the Guard is doing it now...