Super car

OverTQ

http://www.airforce.com/supercar/

Not that the Army is free from this kind of stupidity. I saw a H2 decked out with competition quality sound system that looked fresh out of a Pimp my military ride show. I just don't understand what kind of recruit this is going to get. I came in because of Fighters and gunships, toys that cause lots of destruction. Maybe they are going to use the cars as “bonus programs”. Enlist today and we give you everything and want nothing in return.

Guest Smoke_Jaguar4
Who's the asshat who made the entire thing in Flash? The car itself is... uhh... gay. Are people really convinced to join by stuff like that? That's astounding.

2 on the Flash 'tard. They're trying too hard.

As far as the cars go, the Mustang & Challenger may have been groovy back in 1972, but now they're just fetishes for balding old farts with beer guts (particularly the Dodge). If they wanted to hook the kids with American Iron, they should have used a Cobalt SS, Corvette, or Viper. Hell, even Saab is owned by GM and they've got that whole 'Born from Jets' thing going on.

But then, compared to the Army or the USMC the USAF doesn't put as much $$$ into recruiting, so this could be a good 'out of the box' attempt. Kudos to whomever scored the snazzy OPR bullets.

SJ4

Fraud, waste and stupidity. Someone needs their nuts crushed, but recruiting gets away with a blank check.

they should have used a Cobalt SS,

GM is paying the price for stupid moves like stamping SS on an econo box POS. SS once stood for something, now it's like they had extra S's so they put them on a total turd. I had this displeasure of driving that hunk of garbage 700 mi round trip. You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it.

Guest Comic Relief

I really don't get recruitment advertising at all. If I asked someone why they decided to enlist and an their answer is "because I'm a Reed Sorenson fan" (AF sponsors his NASCAR) or "I saw a white mustang and knew that the AF was for me" I would be tempted to smack him upside the head. We get such retards in the military because we try to attract the lowest common denominator with :rainbow: crap like this, and guess where they end up? Security Forces.

All those sponsorship deals (NASCAR, the monster truck, etc.) do is plant the seed in kids' heads.

Then they go to an airshow/carshow and see the Mustang and/or Challenger, they walk over to check it out, and next thing you know they're talking to the local recruiter. The Marines in the SoCal recruiting district did that with an old Humvee back in the mid-'90s - they gave it a nice paintjob, nice wheels, and a huge system, took it to airshows and carshows, and cleaned up. I don't remember the figures, but they had a measurable increase in contracts signed, and made mission well before the end of the FY.

Guest tenguFlyer

Hear that winding turbine like a jet engine off in the distance? Thats Curtis Lemay rolling in his grave at this. For those that didn't know, Curtis Lemay was a founding member of the Sport Car Club of America. That's why there are a lot of race tracks built off the taxiways at old TAC and SAC bases. He leased those properties for track preparation.

Three words...

Air Force RICE!

And its burnt rice at that. The only people this car will recruit is morons trying to drift a Mustang Ken Gushi style at their local oval track. Plus 15 HP for all those stickers on it though. Ok, I've had my peace.

Edited by tenguFlyer

Guest Smoke_Jaguar4
Fraud, waste and stupidity. Someone needs their nuts crushed, but recruiting gets away with a blank check.

GM is paying the price for stupid moves like stamping SS on an econo box POS. SS once stood for something, now it's like they had extra S's so they put them on a total turd. I had this displeasure of driving that hunk of garbage 700 mi round trip. You think you hate it now, wait till you drive it.

Was that 700 miles in the SS model or in a lesser, Rental-Queen version? I've driven both and the difference is night-and-day. The SS has a much better suspension and torque that rivals a V8. The regular version is a primo POS that should join the Cavalier, Citation, & Vega in Chevy Hell.

Was that 700 miles in the SS model or in a lesser, Rental-Queen version? I've driven both and the difference is night-and-day. The SS has a much better suspension and torque that rivals a V8. The regular version is a primo POS that should join the Cavalier, Citation, & Vega in Chevy Hell.

I've driven the SS Cobalt. My 1993 Ford Taurus SHO is a better car with 176k on the odometer. IDK what kind of V-8s you drive but it sure as hell doesn't have the torque of one. The last car to properly wear the SS badging was the last generation of Camaro, not the new ones that already have a recall and come standard with a Mullet wig and Billy Bob teeth. You can buy a TrailBlazer SS, Cobalt SS, HHR SS and there is some cross-over with a SS badge. Chevy has bastardized the name, just like everything else.

I think there is much better uses for the cash dropped on the "Super Cars" than to take a Mustang and Challenger and screw them up that badly. The USAF is constantly running low on money and they decide to spend some on that crap?

Guest tenguFlyer

SS is a piece of junk. I understand its aim. Its not just a suped up econo box, it is what many Japanese car companies try to do with in house tuners like SI, TRD, Nismo or Mazdaspeed. The only problem is, the SS was done poorly and feels like a suped up econo box. We compared the SS to the MS3 once. While the SS was slightly quicker in some areas the MS3 offered a more complete car. Little things like a hand brake not made out of brick of plastic that gets soft in hot temperatures go a long way. Also, the SS door handle broke when we pulled on it. Study of the fracture revealed that in hot temperatures the SS's plastic components behind the door handle get soft in hot temperatures.

Its a quick car. And a good driver can be stupid fast in it. But the engineering revolving around other components of the car does not give me a lot of confidence to drive it that fast. And the 90% of the time you are not red lining it, it has a uncomfortable seats, a crappy sound system and a bland interior.

Best American sportscar is the Corvette. It is a well balanced platform for what it does and has all around good design.