Booze Talk

B*D*A

Guest Vat_69
2 on the Fat Tire. Also pretty much anything else from New Belgium, Odell's or Breck Brewing Company. I will sorely miss all of the craft brews from Colorado in MS.

Rum: Sailor Jerry's, the best Goddamned rum in the States, try it with Simply Limeade, it'll fvck you up ricky-tick; Morgan Private stock for straight sipping

Vodka: Svedka Vodka is the heat.

Scotch: Belvenie Double Wood (holy shit good single malt) and of course VAT 69 when you can find it....great blended scotch whisky. McClellands is a wonderful single malt scotch that comes in four varieties (one from each regional distillery in Scotland) and it is relatively cheap($18-24), used to drink this stuff by the bottle in Corpus (sold at the NEX).

Beer: Shiner, Shocktop, Red Stripe, hell if its cold i'll drink it

Edited by Vat_69

Guest C-21 Pilot

Crown Reserve (if I have the cash) over Diet Coke w/Lime...or

Any Microbrew Amber or IPA...or

If I get the occasional trip to ETAR...I venture to TOOM and get a case of Deugniet (Belgium Blonde)...

Right now, at the dirty 'Died...it's 3 Crown and Coke's....shameful.

It all depends on how you're drinking it.

Bacardi 8-year or Captain Reserve is best striaght; Sailor Jerry goes with Coke; mojitos or cuban cocktails is Bacardi select

Bourbon-- Woodford Reserve or JD Single Barrell straight; JD Black Label with Coke; Woodford Reserve or Crown with Sprite

Beer-- Hoegarten, Blue Moon, Moose Drool, Beltian White, or (I hate to say it) Bud Light Lime when I'm on the boat.

Edit: cause my organization CBT is past due

Edited by F16Rooster

Svedka is good and cheap and I'm also a fan of Tito's.

Pretty spot on recommendations. Svedka is a good substitute for smirnoff with the bonus that it doesn't burn as much and Tito's is a good swap for Goose or anything top shelf.

I pretty much only drink vodka (weird I know...) so I've tried my hardest to try them all. My house drink is Finlandia b/c it's spicy somehow, no other way to describe it. Deliciously spicy. Smirnoff if cheap and passable mixed in. Can't stand Absolut or Skyy. Stoli's is really good as well, they make a really good blueberry vodka that kicks ass with juice. Anyways, good thread.

No. Sorry, bad organization. I think the spice in dark rum would not go well with mojitos. Then again, might be something to try.

I've heard if you use brown sugar and dark rum, it gives it a different, heavier taste. Never tried it though...

Beer: Budweiser

Vodka: Stoli

Irish Whiskey: Powers

Bourbon: Bulleit or Makers

Scotch: Glenmorangie Port

Rum: No rum

Wine: Only if it's gonna get me laid.

Dip: Copenhagen. No Copenhagen? Copenhagen Long Cut

Daily - Captain & Coke

Special occasions - Three fingers of The Famous Grouse scotch over a single ice cube.

Beer - nope.

Have you tried the 15 year Laphroaig from Islay?

2 on Laphroaig. I'll also throw in Bowmore...good stuff.

never been to the Coors one in Golden though...didn't care to go

I realize it's only Coors, but they will give military a ton of free beer at the end of the tour.

Anything from Rogue, Stone, Sierra Nevada, and Ska breweries. If you ever go to Durango, CO, make sure you check out the Ska brewery. Those folks are really cool and I spent an entire afternoon there checking out the place and then drinking in their front lobby/bar.

Ska is awesome. Well, basically everyone you listed there is awesome. I'd also throw in Left Hand.

As far as Whiskey: You can't go wrong with JD. There's also a Colorado distillery that makes Whiskey and it's good stuff. Just google Colorado Whiskey and you should find it.

Guest L Unit
Budwesier and Jack Daniel's. End of discussion.

If you don't like them both you are a f*cking terrotist.

Yes, those Belgians DO make a tasty beverage. . .

No. Sorry, bad organization. I think the spice in dark rum would not go well with mojitos. Then again, might be something to try.

I had a drink while in PR that they called a Cubajito... it used dark rum in a mojito mixture. Was pretty decent... I think they used Bacardi 8 in it.

Beer - Anything by New Belgium brewing (The Fat Tire dudes) I prefer the Abbey... It's very tasty and 7.5 ABV! Also I'll give Yuengling the nod as well.

Vodka - Can't seem go pull myself away from the Goose, although I will be trying some of the other suggestions put out here. :salut:

Rum - Havana Club; Only available where Cuban Cigars are also sold.

Wine - Started on it not to long ago, so I'm still partial to a bottle of Yellow Tail to make for a fun evening.

Dip - Copenhagen Long Cut. One in the upper lip, one in the lower lip if we're getting some REAL work done. No spit cup, those are for wussies. Ya gotta gut that shit to put hair on your chest.

Guest L Unit
It's Belgian owned now (since long, long ago in 2008), but it's still made in the U.S. Good try though.

It was tongue-in-cheek social commentary. Remember when everyone was threatening to stop drinking Bud?

It was tongue-in-cheek social commentary. Remember when everyone was threatening to stop drinking Bud?

I think NASCAR stepped in and put a stop to that happening...

I still won't drink that beer. Women drink that stuff...

Want hair on your chest? (and you don't want to go the route Discus takes) Stone's Double Bastard Ale. 10.5% ABV. Don't be a pu$$y..get a bomber. Enjoy.

post-3018-1244210597_thumb.png

edited to un-edit censorship

Edited by contraildash

Guest JSpoon

I'm big on the Belgian beers, also, Mcchouffe, Chimay, Duvel, Orval. Also there are several Canadian breweries that are kicking ass in the Belgian style ales. Stateside I always have Sierra Nevada in my frig. I age beer and a have a cellar with roughly 300 different beers in it. Heads up though Ramstein class six has Chimay for about $7 a bottle which is roughly half the price it is here. If you have never had it I would highly suggest it. It is consistently judged one of the best beers in the world every year. Also Sierra Nevada's Southern Hemisphere Ale is f@cking awesome.

Don't do much liquor cause I using don't stop. But I'm sure the only thing that got me hired was bringing in my home brew into the Squadron.

edit: spelling

Guest Vat_69
...the transition to Bacardi Breezers, Cider's, and DeKuyper Butter shots is going to be really tough if I ever cross train to an F-15 or C-17 :rainbow:

priceless. :rock:

Sam Adams has only disappointed me once, and their summer ale is fricking awesome.

2 on the summer ale. It's priced right and brewed with grains of paradise, which are true to their name.

eads up though Ramstein class six has Chimay for about $7 a bottle which is roughly half the price it is here. If you have never had it I would highly suggest it. It is consistently judged one of the best beers in the world every year.

2. They actually sell Chimay here in buttf*ck Oklahoma. I like the Blue. One more reason I'm looking forward to Ramstein!