Military Discounts

Guest J10B

Footlocker (in colorado springs) was still doing a 30% discount as of last month.

My SQ/CC just took his family on a Disney cruise, said he went for free since he was AD. I think this is good for their parks as well.

• 2 months later...

Not specifically military, but for all of us out there getting our MAs in Basket Weaving from the University of Phoenix, you get a free year of Amazon Prime (free 2 day shipping, etc.) for being a student. Just enter your .edu email address on the website below, check your email, and you're GTG. I'm doing AMU and can confirm it works like a champ.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/student/signup/info

For anybody in Missouri, the St Louis Cardinals offer free admission for all military personnel and the KC Royals offer free admission on Monday night games and 1/2 off all other week (not weekend) games.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Not sure if this applies to all Papa Murphy's Take 'n Bake Pizzas... the location in Liberty Lake, WA has a 50% military discount. That's better than the employee discount they offer... you can't beat a large pizza for $6.

I couldn't find that information on the website, but when I called the location they told me all about it. The decision to increase any discount has to do with the particular owner, so this will fluctuate based on location... but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Edited by kenblankenship

• 7 months later...

Snowbasin ski resort, near Hill AFB, gives $525 season pass to military including retirees. Their discounted season pass for civilians is $995. The civilian discounted pass has to be purchased prior to Oct 2. No deadline for purchasing the military discounted season pass.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Let me revive this thread with a few more discounts and a question.

Discounts if you ask for them. I've been on a gun-buying and modifying kick recently.

• Nightforce Optics - 10-20%
  • US Optics - 10%
  • Seekins Precision - 10%
  • Leupold - varies
  • Brownell's - varies
  • Bud's Police Supply

Anyone know if Galco gives discounts? I'd like to get their M9 VHS for my next vacation.

ETA: Nope. No soup for you from Galco.

Edited by nunya

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have any updates for $10 Microsoft Office?

Everything I am finding is expired. :(

Go to AF portal. They have a document on here for your MAJCOM HUP rep. I called the ACC guy a couple weeks ago and just got the disk in the mail. The program is definitely still on. Send me a PM if you're in ACC.

If any of you guys are serious runners, Newton Running offers discounted shoes for around ~$100 (Normally priced $149-175). In my experience they are the best racing/running shoe on the market and cater more towards natural, more efficient running. They recently released a shoe that sells at the BX or for special order that is more normal colored. There is another navy blue and grey shoe in the works. Check them out if you do a lot of running.

http://www.newtonrunning.com/

• 3 weeks later...

Free national park passes. Perfect timing, mine expires next month. We thought it was a steal at $80...

http://store.usgs.go...s/military.html

Just got this email through the FBI InfraGard program, since it has a different link I thought it was worth adding...

We thought some of you would like to know the National Park Service is offering all active Military personnel and their properly identified dependents a free annual pass to all U.S. National Parks at the following link: http://www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm. Just in time for your July vacations.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Was just out in Seattle and went to the Boeing Museum. I asked if they gave a Military Discount, "Yes". I asked how much..."100%". Normal price of admission is $17. Military = FREE

Was just out in Seattle and went to the Boeing Museum. I asked if they gave a Military Discount, "Yes". I asked how much..."100%". Normal price of admission is $17. Military = FREE

Same deal at the Corvette museum in Bowling Green, KY!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...