Latest Movies

B*D*A

Watched Top Gun: Maverick last night, great movie, opening scene/credit was awesome.  Great aerial footage, especially the last aerial battle in the movie.  Will have to watch it in IMAX next!

The original was still better.  Better acting, soundtrack and overall entertaining movie. 9/10.

• Upvote 1

About 30 min into top gun I thought it was going to end up overhyped but damn, the end was awesome. Great flying scenes throughout. My wife, 9yr old daughter and 12yr old son all really liked it.

Def see it in theater preferably a imax or Dolby.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, di1630 said:

About 30 min into top gun I thought it was going to end up overhyped but damn, the end was awesome. Great flying scenes throughout. My wife, 9yr old daughter and 12yr old son all really liked it.

Def see it in theater preferably a imax or Dolby.

I saw it in a theater with 4DX, which is the moving seats.  Absolutely worth the money for the upgrade.

• Upvote 1

There's nothing better than watching an O-6 stand in front of a room of graduated TOPGUN crew and explain to them that they have to fly low on the ingress to stay below the radar of the SAMs, and that their Super Bugs are "no match" for the 5th Gen threat.

On the other hand, Jennifer Connelly is a massive MILF.

Edited by Hacker
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Upvote 1

Top Gun: Totally unrealistic...stole an F-14A and never once had a compressor stall with those shit-tastic TF30 engines. Sheesh...hack writers.

Also, was waiting for a Star Wars reference with their bombing run.

Also, also...best sequel I've seen in a long time. Would recommend.

Edited by StoleIt
  • Upvote 3

Had to remind the 70 year old sitting next to me that it was a fucking movie after his 20th discussion with his wife about how "that's not how it really works".  Other than the middle 45 minutes of useless drama, it was fucking outstanding.  

And yes, MILF champion of the world.  

26 minutes ago, panchbarnes said:

I prefer the original Kelly McGillis over the sequel Jennifer Connelly.  Fight me.

Not a fair comparison my dude.  Mav is not dumb, he could quickly see what Charlie was becoming, a tired old hag who spent more time on her career and let her looks quickly fade.  Sure she had the smarts, maybe Mav was intimated by that...maybe she could have even showed how smart she was by appearing on various aviation shows (ala Dr Rebecca Grant).  She is probably somewhere high up in the pentagon right now and people who don't know Charlie probably say "that dude is squared away."  Charlie chose her career over Mav.

Enter Patty Benjamin, sure she was underage and an admiral's daughter when her and Mav first meet...but she kept her looks and she owns a fighter bar...so she's the winner in my book.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

I thought TG:Maverick was great for a  movie. Unrealistic and corny, yes, but who cares?  Possibly the best Tom Cruise movie I’ve ever seen.  It makes me sad that despite how many unbelievably awesome missions we’ve done,  the Air Force is too retarded to have any good movies about our service.

• Upvote 2

Top Gun Maverick was fantastic and I’ll fight you if you disagree 🇺🇸 Damn near made me wanna hop up out of my seat and sign up to become a pilot…wait a second…😆

p.s. - their strike mission was tailor-made for a stealthy RPA that you don’t care if it “makes it home” ::runs for the exits as every fighter pilot throws his beer at me::

Or maybe a 90 degree impact angle on that vulnerable Death Star vent straight from space rather than, what, 4x GBU-12s? Those things probably woulda fuckin’ missed 50m long haha

Finally, Penny is 100x better than Charlie. She’s hotter, and frankly filthy rich! The beach-side bar, the beach-side cottage, the beautiful sail boat and god damn if I didn’t blow a load for her gorgeous 1973 911 🚨🚨 That girl has it all.

image.thumb.jpeg.8c267dae45bd0d5248752afc08ce3718.jpeg

Edited by nsplayr

3 hours ago, brabus said:

Nah, they would have missed a mile short due to fin failures

I was thinking they would have TFOA on the inverted pull when the g's exceed the pylon strength ..... but hey..... its a movie 🙄

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Top Gun: Maverick today.  Solid A- approaching A for an entertaining movie.

Enough of the looking back to tie it in, but good enough to stand alone.

Amazing what a haircut and a 'stache can do to an actor's appearance.  Rooster/baby Goose was spitting image of the deceased RIO in the film, but nothing like him in real life.

Some minor quibbles, but overall a good flying and entertaining movie.  Kick ass music to go with the flying.

On the bittersweet side, I watched the original in the theater when it came out.  I was newly commissioned, awaiting active duty start.  I was also newly married to the A-model wife.

Naive and motivated, I couldn't wait to join (even on the non-flying side) "we few, we happy few" of the 1986 Air Force.  It was gonna be all doing a meaningful job with the bros and drinking at the O'Club.

Watching it today was the opposite bookend.  Much older, fatter, balder, and with the B-model, I recognized the military as being more the drone admiral's vision than that of the bros.  

Sigh...

And back then, Kelly McGillis' Charlie would've been the choice.  Today, the Jennifer Connolly/Penny would be the age/looks choice.

Good movie.

• Like 4

I was in UPT when TopGun premiered. We were just finishing up Tweets and heading over to the -38 side. A bunch of us went to see it at the on,y movie theater in Columbus MS. We all thought it was hokey and corny, but good fun. Shortly after, a tidal wave of women entered my life due to their admiration of that hokey, corny movie. Who was I to complain. Outside of being a real Tomcat Driver, it was as good as it gets. So as goofy as the original was, the great memories it conjures up will always have a place in my heart.

I thought the new one was way better, more realistic ( to a degree) and I liked how they tied in the original cast and storyline in the new one. I will see it again with my pilot Son, and soon to be F-18 software engineer Nephew. 

BTW, you are on crack if you think Kelly McGillis, on her best day , is in the same league as Jennifer Connelly!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2