Latest Movies

B*D*A

1 hour ago, M2 said:

Versus Iron Eagle 1-4🤣🤣🤣

Iron Eagle wasn’t made with support of the US Air Force…one of the reasons was because the movie is about the stealing an F-16 which the AF didn’t condone.  That all being said, the original definitely fell into the realm of an “awesome bad movie” that I used to watch quite a bit on VHS in the late 80s.  The 2nd one was much more bad than awesome and I refused to watch other others since I knew it was downhill from there.

Iron Eagle wasn’t made with support of the US Air Force…one of the reasons was because the movie is about the stealing an F-16 which the AF didn’t condone.  That all being said, the original definitely fell into the realm of an “awesome bad movie” that I used to watch quite a bit on VHS in the late 80s.  The 2nd one was much more bad than awesome and I refused to watch other others since I knew it was downhill from there.

It’s funny given the level of OPSEC and secrecy the Israeli’s are known for, they were so willing to provide plenty of film footage for a bad 80s action movie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

To be fair, both "Red Flag:  The Ultimate Game," and Iron Eagles I-IV both sucked, just in different ways (sts...).

However, at least Red Flag had Nellis backgrounds and lots of correct colored F-4s...

Also:

🔥 25+ Best Memes About Iron Eagle | Iron Eagle Memes

1 hour ago, HeloDude said:

Iron Eagle wasn’t made with support of the US Air Force…

Hence the "versus."  There is no shortage of bad modern era USAF movies, with or without USAF support...

1 hour ago, brickhistory said:

To be fair, both "Red Flag:  The Ultimate Game," and Iron Eagles I-IV both sucked, just in different ways (sts...).

However, at least Red Flag had Nellis backgrounds and lots of correct colored F-4s...

Also:

🔥 25+ Best Memes About Iron Eagle | Iron Eagle Memes

Not true…Melora Hardin was great in ‘The Office’!

image.jpeg.5af95a88fabe6d7ebae15cfd44718e8f.jpeg

• Like 1

Lawrence of Arabia

Just watched it for the first time. Some of the best cinematography I’ve ever seen, including in modern films. Set to an excellent score that helps do justice to the starkly beautiful scenery. Peter O’Toole gives an excellent performance, even if he tends to over-act on occasion & Omar Sharif nearly steals the show. Anyone who has experienced the ideals of youth being crushed by the cold realities of the world will have an instant connection with the storyline. I really think the movie needs to be seen in the theatre to be truly appreciated & I’ll be looking for an opportunity to do so. Highly recommend with the caveat that you must be prepared to have a nearly four hour chunk taken out of your day. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, brickhistory said:

That is, indeed, some magnificent acting...

Indeed. Most magnificent…..uh….what were we talking about? Oh, yes….acting, magnificent acting. 😎

• Haha 1

On 5/1/2022 at 3:22 PM, HeloDude said:

Not true…Melora Hardin was great in ‘The Office’!

Most amazingly, she didn't even actually get a real boob job!  😲😲😲

So did Hardin actually get surgery? Jenna Fischer, who played Pam Beesly, and Angela Kinsey, who played Angela Martin, answered this question on the Office Ladies podcast.

“No, she didn’t,” Fischer said. “They designed this crazy bra for her that was filled with like a gazillion little cutlets, and then they did this makeup shadowing on her chest to create even more allusion of like swollen cleavage and all of that.”

“I do remember poor Melora from this point forward would have to put that on for every episode now,” she added. Hardin said she had a meeting with Greg Daniels to talk about how big Jan would go for her breast augmentation. Kinsey said the actor had many fans come up to her and ask if she really did get surgery.

4 hours ago, M2 said:

Most amazingly, she didn't even actually get a real boob job!  😲😲😲

Ummm…I was commenting on her acting skills.  Though it sounds like there was a lot of acting done during this scene.

16 hours ago, HeloDude said:

Ummm…I was commenting on her acting skills.  Though it sounds like there was a lot of acting done during this scene.

Yeah, this is my face watching her "act" during that scene!

Jambajew Steve Brule GIF - Jambajew Steve Brule Gasm - Discover & Share GIFs

• Haha 2

The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent.

Meh...

Nicholas Cage pokes fun at himself in a movie-within-a-movie kinda thing.

A couple of chuckles, pretty scenary - of the foliage kind, not the flesh kind.

Maybe worth it on some home service, not worth wasting date night on.

A "C" rating.

Sidenote:  trailer for Top Gun 2 rolled.  Mrs brickhistory said she didn't want to go.  

"Darling, I will miss you..."

Fantastic Beasts 3 was... Meh

There's no central storyline and protagonist. They started (and are stuck with) the fantastic Beasts thing when what it really should be is the Dumbledore series. 

So now they have to shoe horn random magical animals into the story, which it suffers from.

Goes to show what happens when a story is cooked up by a bunch of Hollywood writers instead of someone who's immersed in their fantasy world.

Edited by Lord Ratner

On 5/9/2022 at 10:25 AM, Blue said:

Care to share a review of it?

They used cell phone data to track "pings" that visited different drop-off boxes and NGOs (democrat HQs). They located at least 2000 individual phones that visited at least 20 times to different drop-off boxes. Based on video evidence, each drop off was about 5 votes.  Systematic voter fraud.      

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1